[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

How it feels...

Bill Swerski

I never wore a cup my entire football playing life and never caught a major "shot" to the snarklies.

The worst are those glancing blows that don't hurt immediately, but you know your balls are going to let you know they are "unhappy" and will let you know about it in about 5 to 10 seconds from when "it" happened... and all you can do is wait...

:moon:  :moon::D  :D :bigshock: :doah:  B)  :bawling:

673760[/snapback]

Those glancing blows to the SNARKLIES!!! You are too funny!! :D:DB):yay:

Well, nobody ever accused most football players of being that bright.

I can't believe that there isn't some equipment company that hasn't invented protection that does the job without being a nuisance. Nor can I believe that those guys are dumb enough to let this happen to them.

Talk about your peer pressure. :D

673727[/snapback]

I guess a chastity belt might help but, I think it would be tough to run in one. Anybody have any experience in that area?

Current dogma says that hard cups are bad for football players and few, if any wear them.  They do have a thing called a soft cup, which basically cushions impact on a direct hit, which is usually enough.  One local youth league actually outlawed the use of a hard cup because a blow or longer duration pressure (like being on the bottom of a pile and three fat guys sitting on you) to it can cause worse damage to the surrounding underlying muscle and connective tissue and increase the risk of hernia type injuries.

Hard Cups are much more worthwhile in a sport like soccer or baseball where the ball or a kick can do grazing type contact damage, where the cup deflects the blow as opposed to absorbing it.  :D

I never wore a cup my entire football playing life and never caught a major "shot" to the snarklies.

The worst are those glancing blows that don't hurt immediately, but you know your balls are going to let you know they are "unhappy" and will let you know about it in about 5 to 10 seconds from when "it" happened... and all you can do is wait...

B)  :yay::D  B) :bigshock: :doah:  :D  :bawling:

673760[/snapback]

I have to say that those emotians are on the money in the reaction process.

The worst part is in your :D stage when your "parts" feel like they are in your stomach.

ooooooooo nothing like a direct hit.....