[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Book-related favor

msaint

Greetings, all Pats fans and non-Pats fans (seems the Huddle has been amusingly divided into two factions these days :D ). I have a book-related favor to ask...

Now that football season is winding down, sales have a chance of flatlining a bit until the paperback comes out next September (just in time for NFL/FF season '05), including a brand new epilogue. No word yet if it'll unclude a free set of Ginsu steak knives that can cut through hiking boots and soup cans.

Anyway, whenever you have a free moment, it'd be great if you could go to Amazon and add a good review of the book (if, that is, you actually liked it). Sometimes, seeing a bunch of great reviews is enough to help a book vault up the Amazon rankings (e.g. Joe Simpson's Touching the Void was doing virtually nothing until loyal readers started cranking out awesome reviews and – boom! – suddenly it's a top 100, then top 10 Amazon selection, then a best seller).

I know this might be a litttle, well, "guy-shaking-an-empty-coffee-cup-of-spare-change"-ish, but so be it: this is just all part of the "publicity" battle, and I'm not ashamed to ask my fellow Huddlers for a little help. After all, I (thankfully) haven't received ONE bad "review" from you guys/gals thus far via nice PMs, emails, or posts in the forums; the word of mouth you've helped generate has been fantastic; and it seems to have struck a chord and been universally enjoyed. So any good stuff you have to say for the world to see on Amazon would be very much appreciated. Squeegie, with her unmatched post-padding skills, could add 320 reviews in the span of a minute! Spain and H8 can bait the readers into buying 20 copies each! Menudo can write his in poetic iambic pentameter! Even you other Steelers and Colts fans might feel inclined to help out. Then again, if you're going to say I carry a man-purse, maybe you should refrain. B)

Thanks for indulging, everyone...:D

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Now that football season is winding down, sales have a chance of flatlining a bit until the paperback comes out next September (just in time for NFL/FF season '05), including a brand new epilogue. No word yet if it'll unclude a free set of Ginsu steak knives that can cut through hiking boots and soup cans.

674506[/snapback]

Tube socks would go a lot further.

You should add a link to make it easier for those less gifted huddlers, you know, the ones from New England. :D

674520[/snapback]

True, that would allow them to keep one hand free for their....well.....whatever they'd want to do with that other hand. B)

But I bet it involves a picture of Brady. :D

You mean you didn't get my scathing review of your book ... or that you have choosen to forget it?

674599[/snapback]

you're not from bethesda by any chance, are you? the only person to write a bad "review" was some angry, frustrated dude from bethesda.

Edited by msaint

Greetings, all Pats fans and non-Pats fans (seems the Huddle has been amusingly divided into two factions these days B) ). I have a book-related favor to ask...

Anyway, whenever you have a free moment, it'd be great if you could go to Amazon and add a good review of the book (if, that is, you actually liked it). Sometimes, seeing a bunch of great reviews is enough to help a book vault up the Amazon rankings (e.g. Joe Simpson's Touching the Void was doing virtually nothing until loyal readers started cranking out awesome reviews and – boom! – suddenly it's a top 100, then top 10 Amazon selection, then a best seller).

I know this might be a litttle, well, "guy-shaking-an-empty-coffee-cup-of-spare-change"-ish, but so be it: this is just all part of the "publicity" battle, and I'm not ashamed to ask my fellow Huddlers for a little help. After all, I (thankfully) haven't received ONE bad "review" from you guys/gals thus far via nice PMs, emails, or posts in the forums; the word of mouth you've helped generate has been fantastic; and it seems to have struck a chord and been universally enjoyed. So any good stuff you have to say for the world to see on Amazon would be very much appreciated. Squeegie, with her unmatched post-padding skills, could add 320 reviews in the span of a minute! Spain and H8 can bait the readers into buying 20 copies each! Menudo can write his in poetic iambic pentameter! Even you other Steelers and Colts fans might feel inclined to help out. Then again, if you're going to say I carry a man-purse, maybe you should refrain. :D

Thanks for indulging, everyone...:D

674506[/snapback]

Before the game on Sunday, I thought your book was great. After Sunday, I thought about it some more, and I think it sucks..... :D

:D

you're not from bethesda by any chance, are you? the only person to write a bad "review" was some angry, frustrated dude from bethesda.

674608[/snapback]

Is this the jackarse you're talking about? Here is his review . . .

I guess I'm in the minority here, but I found this book to be an utter waste of time. I suppose if you've never played fantasy football before, you might find it insightful, but if the dude's going to quit his job, I'd expect him to elevate his game just a bit. I've been playing FF for a few years, and I honestly can say that I learned nothing from this book. Additionally, his writing style was immature and dull. He gave us very little reason to care about him or his quest, other than the fact that he's lost a lot in the past. Save your money.

Can't please everyone I guess.

I guess I'm in the minority here, but I found this book to be an utter waste of time. I suppose if you've never played fantasy football before, you might find it insightful, but if the dude's going to quit his job, I'd expect him to elevate his game just a bit. I've been playing FF for a few years, and I honestly can say that I learned nothing from this book. Additionally, his writing style was immature and dull. He gave us very little reason to care about him or his quest, other than the fact that he's lost a lot in the past. Save your money.

674783[/snapback]

Must be a Colts fan. :D

:D

674783[/snapback]

Hey, it was right after the game on Sunday, and I was in a bad mood !!!! :D

Hey, it was right after the game on Sunday, and I was in a bad mood !!!! :D

674794[/snapback]

yup, that's the guy. i actually got a kick out of it, 'cause it shows that you indeed can't please everyone. hey, he didn't like it, no worries, that's his call. it just stuck out like a sore thumb amongst the nice emails i've gotten & came a little out of the blue. i did email menudo...um, i mean, this "guy" B)... and say that i'd be more than happy to buy, read and review his book if he ever gets around to writing it (he did say he could have written this book himself, after all), and i wanted to send him his money back as a total gag, but mrs. saint said, "screw that!" :D

my review is in, and no matter what anyone says, it was a very good book.

674803[/snapback]

Thanks so far, guys...appreciate the time & every single one helps. :D

So, are you paying DMD and WW royalties for using their boards to solicit positive reviews?  :D    :D

674835[/snapback]

I think the fact that I mentioned the Huddle approximately 134,261 times in the book might be enough, but you'd have to ask them. B)