[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Book-related favor

msaint

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yes, should still be at Borders and B&N, but independents also have it. And, of course, if worse come to worse and you can't find it locally, there's always Amazon and otehr online retailers.

I heard about the book on another fantasy site back in October and purchased it then. I tried to save it for the off-season but broke down and starting reading it last week. I'm about halfway through and so far so good!

The author touts this site, thehuddle.com, as a really important fantasy football website, and though I had never heard of it before, I checked this place out last night. Since I've already joined as a forum member, I guess I am here to stay! :D

• 3 weeks later...

Mark St. Amant,

I really enjoyed your book, Committed. I will definitely be writing up a favorable review on Amazon for you.

But I do disagree with your statement on page 42 that "The Huddle has been voted the number one FF website every year since 1998 and has continued to feed devotees from around the wrold with some of the best articles, analysis, preseason rankings, and message boards in cyberspace."

Specifically, with regards to to the message boards, I have found that they are filled with some of the biggest egotistical and dysfunctional people on the internet. Their very existence is seemingly based on jumping on every aspect of another's post, denigrating it, and disparaging the poster, especially if said poster is a new member. The worst part is that they readily defend their xenophobic behavior.

I would hope that thehuddle.com owners realize why they may be losing out on new members and the income they would bring in.

lung, it would seem you'r earlier thread complaining about people was deleted. Now, you have to coninue to complain in another thread? Maybe you are right, maybe this isnt the right board for you. I've been to other boards, they all have at least as much flaming as this one. You would also find that the same people who argue often end up in the Skybox on Sundays, getting along just fine and talking about plays as they happen. 9skybox is an in season chat room)

If you don't have any thing good to say..... as the saying goes.....

lung, it would seem you'r earlier thread complaining about people was deleted. Now, you have to coninue to complain in another thread? Maybe you are right, maybe this isnt the right board for you. I've been to other boards, they all have at least as much flaming as this one. You would also find that the same people who argue often end up in the Skybox on Sundays, getting along just fine and talking about plays as they happen. 9skybox is an in season chat room)

If you don't have any thing good to say..... as the saying goes.....

710151[/snapback]

Exactlly, I think he should save his opinion until this thing gets rolling again (early August) and all the FFBall draft talk is in high gear.

If you don't like what someone says, there's always the "ignore" feature and as said before the comment was not ment personally. Probably stembed from other newbies rubbing them the wrong way.

If I wanted a civilized group with no varying opions to talk to I'd join a country club or a book club.

It's a fantasy football site......lighten up.

Now let's leave this post alone so it doesn't get locked.

Mark St. Amant,

I really enjoyed your book, Committed. I will definitely be writing up a favorable review on Amazon for you.

But I do disagree with your statement on page 42 that "The Huddle has been voted the number one FF website every year since 1998 and has continued to feed devotees from around the wrold with some of the best articles, analysis, preseason rankings, and message boards in cyberspace."

Specifically, with regards to to the message boards, I have found that they are filled with some of the biggest egotistical and dysfunctional people on the internet. Their very existence is seemingly based on jumping on every aspect of another's post, denigrating it, and disparaging the poster, especially if said poster is a new  member. The worst part is that they readily defend their xenophobic behavior. 

I would hope that thehuddle.com owners realize why they may be losing out on new members and the income they would bring in.

710109[/snapback]

When writing this, did you take into consideration the fact that yer a little girl?