[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Moss or Vick?

T-Scorp

With all the talk on the boards about Randy and Michael which would you rather have on your team?

Personally, I would rather have Moss as he is more talented at his position. There is all of this talk that Moss is a thug etc, but for the last three years he has been very quiet. Take out the Washington walkoff and the "moon" would have gotten no attention. I'll take the bad because he is so good. :D

Vick needs to prove he can throw the ball. Philly just proved to everyone that you can stop him...not everyone will be able to because of the lack of defensive talent (St Louis ran the same defensive scheme but didn't have the talent to stop him). :D

Moss is already a proven commodity while Vick is still an unknown (at least as a QB!)

JMHO

and the "moon" would have gotten no attention.  I'll take the bad because he is so good. :D

674908[/snapback]

I agree with you and would take Moss right now. I am a Packer fan and thought the moon was hilarious because of Packer fans mooning the opposing teams bus.

Although Vick is very tempting, and like one huddler quoted something like, "if Vick ever learns to play QB, watch out NFL", if he learned to run and pass with accuracy he would be my choice.

Vick can have all the talent in the world, but without other stars, he'll be spotty at best.

Moss can have all the talent in the world and have a QB like Gus Frerotte look like he's an All Pro on any given Sunday.

As a GM, I'd take Moss any day over Vick.

why yes I did.....and if you could read you would see why......but for the slower class of folk here it is.....he can catch the ball consistantly, runs great routes, blocks well, returns kicks, plays nickel back etc so by the means of judging he is one of the best wr in the game!!!

675115[/snapback]

Though I agree with the thought of your inital post, the Troy Brown reference was way off. I give him mad props for what he did this season on defense and he is a good punt returner, but his role as a WR has diminished to almost nothing. I don't think you can rightfully put him on a list of the top WR's.

why yes I did.....and if you could read you would see why......but for the slower class of folk here it is.....he can catch the ball consistantly, runs great routes, blocks well, returns kicks, plays nickel back etc so by the means of judging he is one of the best wr in the game!!!

675115[/snapback]

I'd like to try the glue that you are sniffing. Must be good.

Troy Brown over Moss, over TO, over Holt, over Chad Johnson....come on.

The best year he ever had was in 2001: 101 catches, 1200 yards. For his career he has 25 touchdowns. Moss has 90 in about half the time.

I'm trying to see your point, but I would think you would be very close to all alone if you asked who else would want Troy Brown over Randy Moss because Troy Brown can play defense.

Edited by gilthorp

ok fair enough.....he has done ay more than play wr that was the point I was looking to make....that guys like Troy Brown are actually better WR than Moss and Owens due to the fact they do whatever it takes to win...be it block, catch, play def etc. granted he has never had goddy stats like Moss or Owens but over all I would take a player like that than one of those flash in the pan all about me guys that think the only way to the Hall is by scoring the most tds or getting the most yards....

675151[/snapback]

" Flash in the pan " ? Randy Moss has done more numbers wise in his first 5 years in the league than Jerry Rice. Jerry Rice is decent , isn't he ? Or would you still put Troy Brown above Jerry on the all - time list ?

the point I was making is Brown is an all around great wr, maybe not stat wise but across the board he brings more to the table than Moss or Owens.....as for the others you mentioned yes they too are better all around wr than Moss or Owens....HOLT and CJ are very good in all those aspects that determine a good, bad, or great wr

675306[/snapback]

I dont' know why you hate Moss / Owens so much , but these are the two most dominant WR's in the game today. Most coaches / players / GMs ( anybody who would know anything about football ) would agree. They might not be the smartest players off the field and they do some stupid sh** , this is true for sure. I honestly think you are way off on this one , and it all started with bringing Troy Brown in the same conversation as Moss and Owens.

Right now Moss without a doubt. As was said before whenever or if Vick ever learns to throw, it would be Vick.

When did Moss become a criminal all of a sudden, did I miss something? I know he got arrested for Josh Gordon or something back in college but that was like 7 or 8 years ago. He does and says some stupid things and is a jackass, but I think calling him a criminal is a little harsh.

TO and Moss, have got to be considered by just about anyone in the top 3 or 4 WR in the game - they are game breakers. Harrison, Holt, CJ, Ward etc. are all also game breakers and they do also do the other things like block, etc. When you throw Troy Brown into that group you are really weakening your own argument. Just because he is now playing two ways and is also a good punt returner does not make him a great WR. It makes hime a very good football player, but not a great WR.

wherethefugowie,

I can agree with your criteria for rating a WR, however you may not have seen Moss play lately. In the game versus GB in December at the Dome, Moss made key blocks on two of the long touchdowns that MN scored. His downfield blocking has improved greatly over the last few years. As far as route running, Randy may not run the sharpest routes, but I have seen him totally adjust to an overthrown or underthrown ball and make a spectacular catch. The point of a WR is to catch a ball, regardless of how perfect the route is. Otherwise D Jackson would be in your list as he is a great route runner. Randy catches ball other receiver just couldn't catch.

Troy Brown is a great football player but if you had to pick between the two I believe there is not a GM in the league who would take Troy first (as a WR).

I think the theme in the NFL has proven with teams like New England and Pittsburgh is that you win with a team concept and unselfish play.

I believe Randy cares about winning and competing, but when you walk of the field before the gun.....You define yourself as who you are.

Vick is a great athlete, a team player, and represents his team and city well.

Take Vick :D

This is actually quite ridiculous that this is an argument. If Randy Moss DIDN'T play for the vikings i'd take him over Vick anyday.

He doesn't hurt the team with his antics. Some can aruge that all teh media surrounding him affects them but that's still a load of bulls**t.

And for those of you who say he doesn't play all the time: His 17 td's last year was still league tops. If someone doesn't try and still drops 17 td's....well i don't know how you won't want him on your team.

Not only does he score all the time, but he opens up the run game. When you have at times 5 people keeping an eye on him it makes it a lot easier for you RB to get a few extra crucial yards.

For a qb, do you want a running back, or a quarter back. My vote is for somone who can actually get the ball in a WR's hands.

Moss

Hands down

Gotta go Moss here. Arguably the best WR in the game today. When he's not injured. Ya, I know all the other intangibles but, if that was my choice definately Moss over Vick. Moss will make my existing QB look good and put up the numbers. Vick, until he matures, (to put it nicely) would not have the impact Moss

would have immediately.

Moss's seasonal averages for his 7 year career are:

82 receptions

1306 receiving yards

12.85 TDs

He is one of the best receivers ever to play in the NFL and he won't turn 28 until next month.

I'll take a guy who I already know is a big superstar over a guy who I think might be able to develop into one any chance I get.