[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

2005 draft

devilwoman

Grossman not the guy, then?  Do you base this on his talent potential or propensity to get hurt?

Personally, I think WR is the most glaring need - sack Terrell and get someone willing to work at being an NFL WR.

678410[/snapback]

No arguement on Terrell + at least one more, but we need a BU QB at the very least. No, I don't think the draft is a good place to get one. And I don't think George fills the bill either. Let's face it, we haven't seen enough of Grossman to really say he is the guy! Dump Quinn, put Hutch at #3 and maybe get a QB in the draft for the practice squad. What Vet is available? O line is good, but shallow. Dline is fine. Secondary is inconsistent more than bad talent.

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The Cowboys could use in no particular order...

1.) a pass rush DE.  David Pollack GA, Dan Cody OU

2.) a space eating DT.

3.) a BIG, fast LB.

4.) a shutdown CB.  Pac-Man Jones WV, Antrel Rolle MIA

5.) a stud, TE covering S.

6.) an athletic, fast WR.

7.) a can't miss QB. 

8.) a stud RT.  Jammal Brown OU

9.) a stud RG. Elton Brown VA

10.) a stud LG.

I think that just about covers it.  So when the Cowboy's picks come around, they might just as well go for the best athlete available.  It's bound to help fill some hole on that team.

675235[/snapback]

I see the above positions/players as possibilities with a lean toward the CB/OL combo with their two first round picks. As for the other needs that are mentioned, I don't know that they can be met with their 1st round picks because players that could meet those needs will either not be available or would be overvalued that early in the draft.

No arguement on Terrell + at least one more, but we need a BU QB at the very least.  No, I don't think the draft is a good place to get one.  And I don't think George fills the bill either. Let's face it, we haven't seen enough of Grossman to really say he is the guy!  Dump Quinn, put Hutch at #3 and maybe get a QB in the draft for the practice squad.  What Vet is available? O line is good, but shallow.  Dline is fine.  Secondary is inconsistent more than bad talent.

678451[/snapback]

Defensively, I think we're in fairly good shape with a young group of guys. We could use a good LB, and better run-stuffing at the front, but overall this is not a bad crew.

Offensively, we're a disaster, a joke. Some of this is an atrocious run of OCs, from the guy before Shoop (forgot his name, he went to BYU, Gary Something) up to Shea. The treatment of A-Train is mind-boggling, IMO. I guess I'd start with a WR, then O-Line, then backup QB, but the needs in this area are many and varied. A decent offensive gameplan is the most glaring need of all.

Gary Crowton.

679251[/snapback]

Thank you, kind sir. I saw his very first game (I think it was his first), the opener against KC in 99 and the Bears pulled all sorts of wacky plays, including lining up three RBs in an I formation to score a TD. They won, and everyone was happy.....for a while.