[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Congrats to LSU.

McSooner

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It was a great game overall.

Just when you thought LSU had it wrapped up,OU's D stepped up to the plate,and got the Sooners back into the game.

I'm not going to get into a p11sing contest on who should be national champ.I have my own opinion,but it doesn't matter.Both LSU and USC could make a rightful claim.

Congrats to LSU and OU on an exciting game. thumbs_u

Sgt. Ryan:

Congrats LSU and USC as this yrs 2 National Champs

Don't even go there Sarge. Congrats to LSU "THE" National Champs.

If OU would have won you would have been hootin' and hollerin' on how OU is the champ and the AP is a bunch of hoo-ha so, just tell it like it is. There is only 1 National Champ.

I sure hope that everyone on this board doesn't judge all OU fans by your ignoranus remarks. brow

BTW...to all of you out there: I don't claim him! lol

URLACHERisGOD:

Sgt. Ryan:

Congrats LSU and USC as this yrs 2 National Champs

Don't even go there Sarge. Congrats to LSU "THE" National Champs.

If OU would have won you would have been hootin' and hollerin' on how OU is the champ and the AP is a bunch of hoo-ha so, just tell it like it is. There is only 1 National Champ.

I sure hope that everyone on this board doesn't judge all OU fans by your ignoranus remarks. brow

BTW...to all of you out there: I don't claim him! lol

First off Urlacher is over-rated as hell, Brooking should be gettign the pub, this pissant gets, second no one claims me, Im my own man. third, as pathetic as the system is to have 2 NC, I gave props to both. As before the game I figured OU would crush this LSU team and there wouldnt be but 1 deserving Champion, but my opinion after watching this game tonight, USC is better than LSU, and obviously OU. So my thoughts on who is the best team has changed. Obviously If OU had done what I thought and won convincingly, I thought they should be sole Champs, but for LSU to hold on to a game OU never looked sharp in, its now hard not to give credit to USC, who I think after watching tonights game, would have beat both of these teams convincingly. SO to not now give credit where credit is due, for the sake of this argument is ludicrous. Carry on douchebag, even if you are a Sooner fan.

Congrats LSU, the SEC proved to be the strongest conference this bowl season! They deserve it! but USC might be to much to handle for this team if they were to play. Never know? I hate to BCS, if they would have known how weak the Big 12 was going to be in bowl action, that SOS may have put USC vs LSU.

Final conference rankings IMHO are:

1. SEC

2. Big Ten

3. Pac 10

4. Big 12

5. ACC

6. Mac

7. Big East

Ohio St lost to Wisconsin, 17-10, Wisconsin lost to UNLV 25-3, UNLV lost to Kansas 46-24, Kansas lost to Okie St 44-21. OU beat Okie St 52-9, so by my calculation OU would beat OSU by 113.

See how ludicrous this argument is, one team beat one team, who beat another, meaning this team must be able to beat that team. We could do this until we are blue in the face. Both human polls ranked OU higher than OSU, and all you ****ers have been claiming human polls know everything since Dec 6. :D

Bottom line is neither team won the Championship and both teams lost 2 games this yr. Both polls rank OU higher and OU lost to higher quality opponents. What does this all mean, next yr we meet same time, same place to debate it all over again.

Oklahoma Sooners 2005 National College Football Champs, Im saying it now. thumbs_u

Sgt. Ryan:

Oklahoma Sooners 2005 National College Football Champs, Im saying it now.    thumbs_u  

Haven't you heard? Jason White is coming back. :P

Besides, they have to play in the Big 12 Conference, which is just loaded with powerhouses that are better than everyone else, everywhere. :D

Maybe you should give it a rest Ryan. You've already done more than enough to prove how incredibly misinformed you are.

Passionate? Yes. Visionary? Um, no.

FU Dave. And these OSU ****ers are informed. They lost to Wisconsin and Michigan, 2 teams that got smacked around in their bowl games as well. THE Big 12 looked like Athena in bowl games, but the Lil ten looked just as bad. You are such a Rosie O'Donnell. YOU ride the fence all yr. You have no balls whatsoever. Your team gets their ass waxed and you continue to run your mouth. Ive been humbled the last 2 days, and I ADMIT I was wrong about the Sooners. But before Dec 6, the media was comparing this team to the best college teams ever. So was I the only one wrong about this team this yr.

The loss to KSU was huge, it shook the confidence of this team for 3 qtrs, and down 14 proved to be too large to begin the 4th qtr. My team lost, I accept it. What about you Dave, you chickensh*t, why dont you ever admit your team sux ass. Why dont you admit the Big 10 was just as ordinary as the Big 12. All yr we argued which conference was best, and we were all wrong. The SEC and pac 10 were both much better than the Big 12 and Big 10.

Sgt. Ryan:

Hell of a game. Strong finish, just didnt start out well.

Team A Team B

TOTAL NET YARDS 154 312

Total plays 75 69

Average gain 2.1 4.5

As before the game I figured OU would crush this LSU team and there wouldnt be but 1 deserving Champion, but my opinion after watching this game tonight, USC is better than LSU, and obviously OU. So my thoughts on who is the best team has changed. Obviously If OU had done what I thought and won convincingly, I thought they should be sole Champs, but for LSU to hold on to a game OU never looked sharp in, its now hard not to give credit to USC, who I think after watching tonights game, would have beat both of these teams convincingly.
For those of you who don't speak Sooner-onics, please allow me to interpret - "If my team won the game, they would be the best, the only NC. But since they didn't, the taste of sour grapes left in my mouth dictates that I change my stance, since it no longer benefits my team". lol

Your team gets their ass waxed and you continue to run your mouth.
Since your team got theirs waxed TWICE, can we expect your next post to be in 2006?

Are you still posting after your team has been waxed twice as well. There is your answer dipAthena.

Difference between me and most, I gave props after my team lost, and didnt make excuses after excuses. How many times did Team Primos, TheeOSWHO and everyone else make excuse after excuse after losing not once but twice. Athena happens, you run your mouth, your team loses, you eat crow and you move on. That definately hasnt happened much when OSU loses. And Ive done it now twice, what about everyone else here. Do I need to go back and prove the posts after the Wisconsin loss, how every OSU fan on this board said it was a fluke, they still are the team to beat, etc, etc.... Get real...

I hate the BCS because it means that the national championship is awarded to the most popular team each year and is not something won on the field.

We need a playoff.

I believe that had OU won there is no way that Sgt. Ryan would graciously agree that the title should be shared with USC. I firmly believe that he would be spouting that OU is the only number 1 team. It's easy to be gracious when your team is irrelevant to the matter at hand.

Of course we will never know what he would have done because his team didn't show up last night.

The Big Ten did not look "just as bad".

The Big Twelve has 3 top teams, Oklahoma, Kansas State, & Texas. All 3 were favorites, all 3 lost.

The Big Ten has 4 top teams, Ohio State, Michigan, Iowa, & Purdue. Those teams, all underdogs, went 2-2, with one loss being in overtime.

If you want to factor in the teams that round out the conference, like Texas Tech over Navy, and Northwestern losing to Bowling Green, then the Big Ten looked almost as bad at 3-5 compared to 2-6.

Grits and Shins:

I believe that had OU won there is no way that Sgt. Ryan would graciously agree that the title should be shared with USC.  I firmly believe that he would be spouting that OU is the only number 1 team.  It's easy to be gracious when your team is irrelevant to the matter at hand.

Of course we will never know what he would have done because his team didn't show up last night.

Im not saying had OU won convincingly, I would have gave props to USC, in fact I said I thought if OU had waxed this team as I thought, wrongly so, BTW. OU deserved the title to themselves. But neither team last night looked very sharpe, both played sloppy and when 2 of the 3 top teams look that way and the other, USC rolls Michigan you have to re-evaluate the whole situation. I can honestly say if OU pulled that game out in the end the way they played for 3 qtrs, I wouldnt say Athena about USC not deserving a piece of it. You watch both games, and even the biggest homer on the planet can tell which team looked the best. Id have just been happy with a piece of the title. But that didnt happen, and now its crow time, for the rest of today anyway. Tomorrow its back to OU is going to win it all next yr. But today, I take the crow like most OSU fans should have done when their team lost not once but twice as well.

Sgt. Ryan:

The SEC and pac 10 were both much better than the Big 12 and Big 10.

With a 3-0 record against Big 12 teams, of course the SEC looked good.

LSU 21, Oklahoma 14

Mississippi 31, Oklahoma St 28

Arkansas 27, Missouri 14

The Big 10 fared a little better at 1-2.

Auburn 28, Wisconsin 14

Iowa 37, Florida 17

Georgia 34, Purdue 27 (OT)

The Big 10 also went 1-1 vs the Pac 10, compared to 0-1 for the Big 12.

Washington State 28, Texas 20

Minnesota 31, Oregon 30

USC 28, Michigan 14

The Big 12, favored in 2 of 4 games, went 0-4 against SEC & Pac 10 teams. The Big 10, underdogs in all 5, looked better at 2-3.