[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

"New" Cardinals Logo

Balzac

Oh Great, the Cardinal logo now looks likethe Los Angeles Avengers from the Arena Football League :D

What is wrong with these designers.

-We need a new logo

-I know, lets' tilt it

-Brilllliant!

-And you know what else we could do..give it some 'angry' eyes

-Brilliant!

I tell you it's just a matter of time before you see the new Indianapolis Colts logo, which will feature a tilted horseshoe with angry eyes :D

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This is a subject I am very fanatical about. I can't get enough of the histories sorrounding logo's and uniforms, which is why I am such a fan of the old school traditional ones.

676455[/snapback]

I'm in the same boat..  check out the boards at www.sportslogos.net, very cool stuff.

676458[/snapback]

Try looking at Helmet Hut it has some great photo's and history of helmets worn by various players throughout the history of the NFL.

I belong to a helmet club...I posted the website earlier in this post...there are guys that have hundreds of football mini/full size helmets, throwbacks and present. I am a small collector with only 120 NFL mini helmets. I love when a team changes their helmet as I have an excuse to add to my collection.

My favorite helmets are still the original Red Falcons and the original Bengals helmet.

The Lions logo change was even less, as stated earlier. Same with the Eagles a few years ago, althoguh I don't think, the Eagles held a press conference to unveil it.

676436[/snapback]

Yeah, but the Lions logo thing was just a very minor update, and they didn't announce it as a "new logo". The big change was the unis, outlining everything in black to make the numbers "pop" more. It worked, and they were very intentionally NOT making radical changes.

Peace

policy

An elf in brown clothing holding a football.

676155[/snapback]

Yep, that's it I believe. Thanks.

I lived there for three years and yes it is a desolate waste land.  The so called Tuscon skiing your talking about isn't really skiing, is sort of an effort in slushing with a few rocks mixed in. :D

676278[/snapback]

Yea, when it gets in that condition, we call it watersking

Yeah, but the Lions logo thing was just a very minor update, and they didn't announce it as a "new logo".  The big change was the unis, outlining everything in black to make the numbers "pop" more.  It worked, and they were very intentionally NOT making radical changes.

Peace

policy

676975[/snapback]

I said it was minor, that was my whole point. They did have a big unveiling though, and adding black outline to the logo is really lame, just so you can sell a alt black jersey.

http://www.ssur.org/articles/UniWatch/item...03_UniWatch.htm

Your kidding...come on have some originality.  And the Cardinal red with powder blue is simply sick.  They should go with black pants and black and red shirts.  The design of the cardinal head is so weak...get the mouth open show some teeth or something.  The word Cardinals would have been better.  :D

675780[/snapback]

Do birds have teeth? I know the Arizona O doesn't.

I said it was minor, that was my whole point. They did have a big unveiling though, and adding black outline to the logo is really lame, just so you can sell a alt black jersey.

They had a big unveiling, but it was of the uniforms, not of the logo. The changes to the logo weren't even talked about, because all they did was add the black stripe.

Peace

policy

PS--there is no alt black jersey.

They had a big unveiling, but it was of the uniforms, not of the logo.  The changes to the logo weren't even talked about, because all they did was add the black stripe.

Peace

policy

PS--there is no alt black jersey.

677830[/snapback]

I stand corrected, there isn't a black jersey... yet. But my bro-in-law is a HUGE Lions fan, and I remember when this change was announced. It was a "big deal", Matt Millans original contribution. But we're really splitting hairs here debating whether or not we agree that Detroit made minor changes that were or were not paraded out in a fashion show.

I stand corrected, there isn't a black jersey... yet. But my bro-in-law is a HUGE Lions fan, and I remember when this change was announced. It was a "big deal", Matt Millans original contribution. But we're really splitting hairs here debating whether or not we agree that Detroit made minor changes that were or were not paraded out in a fashion show.

678866[/snapback]

Yeah. Well, bascially, the deal was that all the Detroit fans were freaking out when they announced there would be logo and uniform changes. The uniform has been basically the same for a long time, and the colors are pretty much sacrosanct. Plus, there were all manner of poorly-done, atrocious-looking fakes and "leaks" circulating around the internet, so worry was pretty much at a fever pitch. The "unveiling" was as much to prove that they hadn't done anything drastic as anything else.

Peace

policy

Edited by policyvote

Guest THEbigred

I'm glad it's a minor change - in fact none was needed, but I guess they're using that " teams do well when the change their logos" dribble.

And I can see it when you have some dorky looking BS w/no tradition behind it like the Ravens....but whtfo the Cards' is a classic. It aint broke, don't change it. And I shudder to think what they're going to do w/the uniforms.

GDB ugly unis being the trend...

Edited by THEbigred

Guest THEbigred
I lived there for three years and yes it is a desolate waste land.  The so called Tuscon skiing your talking about isn't really skiing, is sort of an effort in slushing with a few rocks mixed in.

No kidding. LMAO @ "skiing" in Tucson.

And it's true that not all of it is a desolate wasteland. Just most of it.

I think it looks like the Louisville Cardinals. Not very original. I guess I don't get the tilted logos.

Subway is now tilted.

My old college, Central Michigan University has had the "Flying C" for a few years now. Previously, the "C" was grounded. :D

I guess this fad is better than the teal team color fad of the early 90s. The Pistons looked like they were wearing pajamas.

I am now hearing that this logo with the white helmet and grey face mask will be worn for the pro bowl only...

The 2005 uniform will be drastically changed and may include a Copper color...rumors are that they may change the helmet color to Red, Black, or even Copper...

I am now hearing that this logo with the white helmet and grey face mask will be worn for the pro bowl only...

The 2005 uniform will be drastically changed and may include a Copper color...rumors are that they may change the helmet color to Red, Black, or even Copper...

679559[/snapback]

This is 100% accurate...

Mein Gott! A thread on uniforms and only one chick response? What are you Huddlers even thinking? (read: guys) :D:D

Umm...with that said, I think their uniforms should have a change similar to the one they did in Tampa. They could have made the logo a little more aggressive looking but there again, how do you make a little red bird look like a bada$$?!