[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Freddy Mitchell calling out R. Harrison?

masslefty33

Unless Freddy was kidding last night on ESPN (Bud Hotseat), what the hell was he thinking calling out Rodney Harrison like he did? Lets get it on!

676334[/snapback]

What did he say, I missed the interview?

Unless Freddy was kidding last night on ESPN (Bud Hotseat), what the hell was he thinking calling out Rodney Harrison like he did? Lets get it on!

676334[/snapback]

It reminded me of Clinton Portis calling out Ray Lewis. Why not call out that Gay fella?

I suppose that Freddie has a little more clout than Todd Pinkston.  Then again, that isn't saying much.

Harrison constantly talks trash on the field, so he should expect a little thrown back his way.

676387[/snapback]

Freddie Mitchell is a "Special Player", so I guess he's earned the right to call out a potential hall of famer.

Anybody else think Dan Patrick was baiting Freddy a bit? He had to know Freddy was going to say something stupid when he asked him to name the Pats DB's.

Calling out Harrison is just plain idiotic though. Freddy couldn't tote Rodney's jock.

As if the Pats needed any fuel for their fire. :D

Ok..I'll admit I was only partly listening, but what did he say that could be considered calling him out? Patrick asked him if he could name the Patriots DBs. Mitchell proceded to name off their numbers...he didn't know their names. But when he got to 37, he said I do know that is Harrison, but then claimed it wasn't part of his job to know their names, he's supposed to know where they will be at in certain coverages and the players go by the numbers, not their names.

Did I miss something?

Your *** right Harrison talks alot of trash...why ...because he can and backs it up.....sure he should expect some talk back but only from top elite type players not from the like of that mohawked fro jack a$$ who steals ideas ( carrying around a fake title belt) from stars like Portis!! :D

676422[/snapback]

And now their are rules for talking trash...dare I say a Hierarchy?

One can only talk trash to or about someone whom they have better stats than?

I don't even know what Mitchell said but I do know there aren't any rules governing trash talk.

676334[/snapback]

Well stupid or not, I just do not understand why a player who has been a bust, and is a very small part of his teams offense could ever open his mouth. As said earlier in this thread, why the hell is he even on that show?

And now their are rules for talking trash...dare I say a Hierarchy?

One can only talk trash to or about someone whom they have better stats than?

I don't even know what Mitchell said but I do know there aren't any rules governing trash talk.

676487[/snapback]

The difference is that Rodney talks his trash on the field, not in interviews.

It's all trash talk, but one kind helps the other team get its ire up while the other adds to on field intimidation.

Well stupid or not, I just do not understand why a player who has been a bust, and is a very small part of his teams offense could ever open his mouth. As said earlier in this thread, why the hell is he even on that show?

676493[/snapback]

I'm assuming they wanted to get an Eagles offensive player and neither McNabb nor Westbrook wanted to do it so they got someone who they know will say something exciting enough to spend the next few days talking about.

The difference is that Rodney talks his trash on the field, not in interviews.

676499[/snapback]

That's true. But he still talks more trash than anybody I've seen recently and, oh yeah, plays dirty sometimes.

I respect Rodney as a football player, but it pretty much ends there. That said, I don't hold "The People's Champ" in very high regard either.

Edited by Bill Swerski

If you have the respect for Rodney Harrison you all claim to have, why on earth would you think this non-event would effect the way he prepares for the Super Bowl?

676518[/snapback]

I don't look at it from the POV of 'preparing' for the SB. Harrison is already prepared. I look at it as Mitchell was going to have enough problems on the field getting hit by Harrison. Why call him out so when he does rattle your brainpan he has a little bit of extra incentive to rattle it for weeks to come.

Whether anyone likes it or not.... Harrison is one tough sucker who doesn't care much about fines and is at the top of his game.... he talks trash a mile a minute on the field, backs it up on almost every play, and now Mitchell is going to be hearing footsteps even when Harrison is on the other side of the field because he knows there is no need to rile Harrison up.

:D    um...so it's been very cold in NE this week...  :D

676617[/snapback]

That's not a swipe at the Pats. I'm just telling it like it is. Harrison talks trash on the field, plays dirty on occasion, and isn't held in high regard as a person by many players and fans. That said, he's a pretty *** good safety.

That's not a swipe at the Pats.  I'm just telling it like it is.  Harrison talks trash on the field, plays dirty on occasion, and isn't held in high regard as a person by many players and fans.  That said, he's a pretty *** good safety.

676632[/snapback]

I know...I just didn't have a good, non-homerish sounding comeback... :D

I don't look at it from the POV of 'preparing' for the SB. Harrison is already prepared. I look at it as Mitchell was going to have enough problems on the field getting hit by Harrison. Why call him out so when he does rattle your brainpan he has a little bit of extra incentive to rattle it for weeks to come.

My point is that Rodney Harrison doesn't care what Freddie Mitchell has to say to Dan Patrick.

I'm sure only people here who have no football going on this weekend care what Freddie Mitchell has to say to Dan Patrick regarding Rodney Harrison.