[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Poll - limiting the length of a sig line

DMD

Should we limit the length of a sig line?  

140 members have voted

1. 1. Should we limit the length of a sig line?

• No - somehow this is freedom of speech
    • Yes - I'm tired of posts that take up a full page with a huge sig line

What is your preference?

Sig lines are getting bigger and bigger and make the reading experience more of a chore from having to page through the same thing over and over again. Would you rather maintain these repetitive billboards or limit sig lines to maybe three or four sentences with normal sized font?

This is a non-binding vote, but I am interesting in getting feedback on it.

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Mostly it's a result of sigline bets with a couple of exceptions :coughUTcough:

I don't want to keep scrolling way down because a guy posts a  :D and has a sigline that takes up half a page.

Please limit them.

676989[/snapback]

What the 9ers fan said :D

I vote for B.  Effective immediately!

676976[/snapback]

Your sigline looks like a typical copy and paste Skins post. I know you lost a sigline bet, but that's ridiculous. I've used that Skins analogy before and he doesn't like it. :D

I'm still amazed that people can't come up with better siglines to paste on their losing opponents.

It's always the "I ------- am a moran who doesn't realize that the (city) (team) is sooo vastly superior to the (city) (team) that I am ashamed. Clearly (huddler) knows more about football than I ever could dream of" variety.

Give people as much space as they need, but one should remember that no one's ever going to read the 8 paragraph tripe.

One should look at the epic Wiegie/Chavez sigline bet to remember what makes an effective pasting of the opponent.

Can we limit the length of the posts too!! :D

677060[/snapback]

I second that, particularly when news articles are being posted. Just give me the link.

But back to the point at hand...I don't read sig lines if it will take me more than five seconds, and I wouldn't mind saving time when scrolling either.

I second that, particularly when news articles are being posted. Just give me the link.

But back to the point at hand...I don't read sig lines if it will take me more than five seconds, and I wouldn't mind saving time when scrolling either.

677081[/snapback]

Personally I like the posted article better because a lot of the time you have to register to a news site to read the article. I always put in bogus info, but it's still a bigger pain than scrolling down the thread.

msaint's sigline is hilarious, I mean CaptainHook's.

676973[/snapback]

Thanks, glad people got a kick out of that :D... but if it's too long, no hard feelings if DMD/everyone wants them edited/cut down. If need be, I'll sacrifice mine (Hook's) to be cut down first, to a manageable two-three lines first, no worries...

I had a long one before some anonymous admin axed it for me ... something about my ignore list was apparently "over the line"

677069[/snapback]

It was a little annoying to see all the time, however I thought the concept was funny.

677081[/snapback]

I cannot get DSL at home so I am stuck with crappy dial-up even though I live a 10 minute drive from downtown. :D

I think the sig lines are too long but they don't make the reading experience a chore for me so I voted no.