[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Sunday & No Football - This Blows!

bigdadreed

I just overheard my wife saying something about us going shopping for new window treatments.

What the f? Help!!

<twiley frantically searches through TIVO to see if he has a game recorded in hopes to convince his wife that there ACTUALLY IS football on today>

:D hey buckwheat ..... what the hell are you whine'n about ? At least you gotta game to look forward to in a week. :D  The rest of us are on the 8 month plan.  :D

678981[/snapback]

This is true, but win or lose, Football Season will be over, I hate that time of the year. I can't wait until August. B)

This is truly the worst time of year to be a sports fan.

678994[/snapback]

Agreed.

No hockey - B)

College basketball - :D

NBA - :D

NASCAR - :D

MLB - :D

My fantasy golf league is all that keeps me sane between February and August, and we haven't even drafted for that yet. B)

This is a depressing time of year. Crappy weather and no sports. The 3 or 4 weeks follwing the Superbowl suckthere's zero sports worth watching. College hoops heating up in March, but my Huskies are rebuilding this year so they won't be a major factor. Then opening day for baseball, then the NFL draft. The Mets are usually eliminated by early May, so then its' three months of nothing until NFL camps and preseason gets going. Maybe this year will be different with Pedro and Beltran....but I doubt it.

This is a depressing time of year.  Crappy weather and no sports.  The 3 or 4 weeks follwing the Superbowl suckthere's zero sports worth watching.  College hoops heating up in March, but my Huskies are rebuilding this year so they won't be a major factor.  Then opening day for baseball, then the NFL draft.  The Mets are usually eliminated by early May, so then its' three months of nothing until NFL camps and preseason gets going.  Maybe this year will be different with Pedro and Beltran....but I doubt it.

679002[/snapback]

Don't forget you got Dougie M at first base - worth the ticket price on his own.

I feel bad for all the people that wandered away and left the NBA behind for the last few years. Good, solid team basketball is making a huge comeback. Players that rely solely on their athleticism and 1 on 1 game are having their shortcomings become glaringly obvious, both in their inability to move the ball and their lack of defensive intensity. Teams that play as an unselfish unit are starting to dominate once again. LeBron James is the undeniable leader of the revival, the kid is worth twice any time and money spent to watch him play.

"Well, um, actually a pretty nice little Sunday, we're um, we're gonna go to Home Depot. Yeah, buy some wallpaper, maybe get some flooring, stuff like that. Maybe Bed Bath And Beyond, I don't know. I Don't know if we'll have enough time."

:D

It will suck when the SB is over, but with Illinois basketball in the spotlight this year, I'll be having fun with that. I love March Madness every year anyway!

Then comes the NFL draft!!!!!!! :D

Don't forget you got Dougie M at first base - worth the ticket price on his own.

679034[/snapback]

Yeah - it'll be nice to see Dougie M. in a Mets uniform.

I'd like to give him a ball to sign for my kid, but I'm afraid he'll try to keep it as his own.

NASCAR fills my post-football blues....

678983[/snapback]

I just filled out my lineups for my pools. I'm heading to Atlanta in March, Darlington in May, Richmond in Sept., and Martinsville in October. The commish in one of my fantasy leagues offered me a ticket to the Coca Cola 600 but he might forget. Good to see another NASCAR fan on these boards.