[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Sarge wrong again

Just one more thing that Sarge was wrong about. Sarge stated over and over that Saban had no loyalty at all to LSU and would jump at the chance to go to the pros. Well he had to consider it, every coach would. But he is staying... GEAUX TIGERS!!!!!!!!!!!

"Saban spent much of Saturday mulling the chance to become head coach of the Bears, after meeting with team officials for several hours Friday. A source close to Saban said the call was "a tough one" but that Saban is very comfortable with the decision and looks forward to a long career in Baton Rouge."

LMAO, hes thinking of leaving LSU, and meets with the Bears all day, and hes loyal because the situation in Chi is far worse than in LSU.

Get a life dude, If he was so d@mn happy at LSU, why even interview for another job, knowing he has a new contract worth 30 million plus on the table.

Just enjoy your title, your team will contend again in lets just say another 50+ yrs.

And would a 10 yr contract at 30 million wouldnt have anything to do with him staying.

Highest paid coach in college sports history and 10 yrs guaranteed. Guess he can buy a Athenaload of Little Debbies now.

Besides what kind of ass would he look like if he gave this state its first football title in 50 yrs and he turned down the biggest coaching contract in college sports history and left for more money.

He just won half a title, he can sit back and relax for the next 5 yrs before anyone says a thing and cash those fat checks. If You go to Chitown, and you happen to win 13 games, if you dont back that up, 2 yrs later you are out of a job. Just ask coach Dick J. how fickle the owner and fans are in that town.

I still believe, if he hadnt won half the title, which I thought was impossible at the time. He'd have bolted for more cash. Ask Mich St how loyal this f*ck was.

I've never really had a reason to truly dislike Ryan up until this point, and have always kind of laughed at his/her antics. But now I'm convinced, and agree with about 99.9% of all Huddlers, Ryan is the biggest a$$munch, dickhead smegma licker I have ever seen.

Saban had even stated that his discussions with DiAngelo revolved around the NFL in general and their family lives since they are such good friends. Saban made it clear to D'Angelo that he had no interest in coaching the Bears before the meeting started, and decided to hold a press conference to mute all rumors regarding him leaving LSU, as soon as he could on Saturday. The man is committed to LSU and has shown nothing but true class in the way he has handled every situation thrown at him. Congrats Saban and my LSU Tigers on our true National Championship!

And BTW, F you Mrs. Ryan! cool_thu

short memories. this ass munch left Michigan state high and dry during the biggest recruiting period of the yr for more cash. Because you benefit from this ass wipe, I can see how you think hes a class act. But you are truley clueless as well, or just uninformed about this guy before he landed in Baton Rouge.

Either way, its not worth discussing any longer. He won your teams first title in 50 yrs, enjoy it. thumbs_u

By the way, I usually get around to everyone at some point or another. I cant help it Im a sports genius and the rest of you are not :D

I get the feeling that Saban will jump in a few years if, for some strange reason, LSU doesn't make a BCS bowl game and/or isn't in the NC title picture for a couple seasons in a row. A couple key injuries or close losses to div. rivals could do it in any given year - same with my Trojans.

He hasn't been in the NFL and he probably wants his shot someday, but he'd be crazy to leave right now. On the other side of the table, St. Pete (or is it Pete Almighty?) has no interest going back to the NFL, as his rah-rah style fits the college level so much better. Here's hoping he stays for a long time, and can make it without Norm Chow, who will surely jump within a couple years....

I wouldn't say that Saban has no loyalty to LSU, but some of you are fooling yourselves if you don't recognize that his first loyalty is to himself and his career. If by his success, opportunities to advance his career present themselves, he will not be inclined to turn them down out of a sense of dedication to his present employer, or because he "likes it here".

Bottom line, Saban's the classic mercenary coach: he goes where he wants, when he wants, based on what's in his own best interests. So long as he remains a hot commodity with offers in hand, I expect he'll continue changing teams every 4-6 years.

I don't say that to be critical of him, but nevertheless that's how it is, and his track record confirms it.