[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

I don't get Mitchell's mouth

Blitztalk

:D Crazy. The first time I remember hearing about TO was when I was watching the playoff game where he caught the game winner against the Packers with 3 seconds remaining on a 25 yarder from Steve Young. I remember he had a couple drops and this really redeemed him.

He had 67 catches for 1097 yards and 14 TD's that year and I don't remember him running his mouth yet....Rice was still in town.

Mitchell has a CAREER total of 90 catches for 1263 yards with 5 TD's with 22 catches for 377 yards and 2 TD's this regular season. Mitchell is talking too much smack. Granted he had a few good TD playoff grabs but he also dropped one going in the endzone and if I remember got a grab from the air dropped from above on another. If it wasn't for TO going out this year he would still be fetching water for the real WR's on the Eagles.

I can tell you, I would not want to be the one who Harrison made sure he remembered my number!

That's part of Mitchell's game, smack talk. Being from Philly I love First down Freddy "the people's champ". Aside from his abnormally large mouth he has freak size hands. FredEx rarely drops anything thrown his way. I expect him to have his normal work like day on Sunday( 4 catches for 60 yards, all first downs) and come up sporting the belt. If he can get in Harrison's head for a second it will be well deserved smack!

That's part of Mitchell's game, smack talk. FredEx rarely drops anything thrown his way. I expect him to have his normal work like day on Sunday( 4 catches for 60 yards, all first downs) If he can get in Harrison's head for a second it will be well deserved smack!

680489[/snapback]

First, Smack Talk is all of Freddie's game since he has nothing else...

Second, His normal work like day, 4-catches for 60-yards, when has he ever averaged this???

Third, I have a feeling he will get in Harrison's head right after Harrison delivers a crushing blow jarring the ball from his large hands, and when Harrison stands over the shaken Mitchell, he makes the stupid belt motion with his hands right in Mitchell's face. If this happens, it will be the last time Mitchell goes anywhere near Mr. Harrison while running any type of pattern.

His normal work like day is 4 catches for 60 yards? He had 27 catches during the regular season right? I think that works out to 1.69 catches a game. He has something like 90 catches for his 4 year career. I think that work out to somewhere around 1.4 catches a game. Granted he did not play much his rookie season so even leaving that year out all together that jumps the average up to 1.8 catches a game. When has Freddy every come close to averaging 4 catches a game.

I am so sick and tired of that jackass Freddy. Unfortunately living in the Philly area I have to hear all about him, all of the time. Maybe Harrsion will end his career this week. At least things would be alot quieter.

His normal work like day is 4 catches for 60 yards?  He had 27 catches during the regular season right?  I think that works out to 1.69 catches a game.  He has something like 90 catches for his 4 year career.  I think that work out to somewhere around 1.4 catches a game.  Granted he did not play much his rookie season so even leaving that year out all together that jumps the average up to 1.8 catches a game.  When has Freddy every come close to averaging 4 catches a game. 

I am so sick and tired of that jackass Freddy.  Unfortunately living in the Philly area I have to hear all about him, all of the time.  Maybe Harrsion will end his career this week.  At least things would be alot quieter.

680612[/snapback]

It is unfortunate you have to live in Philly. FredEx catches everything. Go back in your stat book and check how many of his catches are for a first down. I was using the 4 catch-60 yards as the last couple games in the playoffs, look them up too. He won't be an Eagle next year, so lets squeeze whatever bit of final juice we can out of him. The people's champ isn't afraid to go over the middle, that's Pinkston.

It is unfortunate you have to live in Philly. FredEx catches everything. Go back in your stat book and check how many of his catches are for a first down. I was using the 4 catch-60 yards as the last couple games in the playoffs, look them up too. He won't be an Eagle next year, so lets squeeze whatever bit of final juice we can out of him. The people's champ isn't afraid to go over the middle, that's Pinkston.

681100[/snapback]

I don't feel like looking up exactly how many of his catches have gone for first downs. For sake of argument we could say half. So, of his 1.4 catches a game average then .7 goes for a first down. Wow what a contributer he is. Even if every one of his catches went for a first down, that still is only 1.4 first downs per game. He has how many nicknames, you have named 3 of them, I think he used to be known as Hollywood Freddy when he was in UCLA. So there is 4 nicknames and he probably has even more for a guy that has caught 90 passes in 4 years. Please Mr. Harrison knock this idiot out and shut him up. Then when he isn't around here next season, he can annoy whatever other town he signs in. That is anyone would even sign him. He might end up in the arena league.

Ok, I decided to look it up. Freddie Mitchell's career stats.

90 catches, 1263 yds, 14.0 avg., 5TD's, 63 went for first down. So, 70% of his catches go for first down.

In the playoffs this year in 2 games:

7 catches, 85 yds, 12.1 avg. So, his average this year in the playoffs is 4 catches for 60 yds?

In 4 years he has 63 FD so that equals out to 1 first down per game. Looks like a highly productive guy to me, definitely a guy that deserves to have 4 different nicknames.

Now, we can all agree I am sure that Todd Pinkston sucks, but lets look at his career numbers.

5 years

184 catches, 2816 yds, 15.3 avg., 14 TD's, 116 of his catches went for first down. Which equals out to around 63% of his catches going for first down.

So 63% of Pinkston's catches go for first down and also he averages 2.3 catches per game. That is working off of 16 games for 5 years.

Nate Burleson who is only in his second year has 97 catches for his career with 67 of them going for a FD, that equals out to 69%. Slightly lower than Freddie, but I don't hear anyone calling him First Down Natey.

Just looking at a few numbers though, the numbers are really spread out of guys that average around 70% of their catches going for first downs.

Reggie Wayne - 73%

Brandon Stokely - 71%

David Givens - 75%

Santana Moss - 70%

Eric Parker - 72%

Plaxico Burres - 75%

From these numbers, this tells me that FD % of catches means absolutely nothing. Would anyone consider Eric Parker a very good WR?

Ok, I decided to look it up.  Freddie Mitchell's career stats.

90 catches, 1263 yds, 14.0 avg., 5TD's, 63 went for first down. So, 70% of his catches go for first down.

In the playoffs this year in 2 games:

7 catches, 85 yds, 12.1 avg.  So, his average this year in the playoffs is 4 catches for 60 yds?

In 4 years he has 63 FD so that equals out to 1 first down per game.  Looks like a highly productive guy to me, definitely a guy that deserves to have 4 different nicknames.

Now, we can all agree I am sure that Todd Pinkston sucks, but lets look at his career numbers.

5 years

184 catches, 2816 yds, 15.3 avg., 14 TD's, 116 of his catches went for first down.  Which equals out to around 63% of his catches going for first down. 

So 63% of Pinkston's catches go for first down and also he averages 2.3 catches per game.  That is working off of 16 games for 5 years. 

Nate Burleson who is only in his second year has 97 catches for his career with 67 of them going for a FD, that equals out to 69%.  Slightly lower than Freddie, but I don't hear anyone calling him First Down Natey.

Just looking at a few numbers though, the numbers are really spread out of guys that average around 70% of their catches going for first downs. 

Reggie Wayne - 73%

Brandon Stokely - 71%

David Givens - 75%

Santana Moss - 70%

Eric Parker - 72%

Plaxico Burres - 75%

From these numbers, this tells me that FD % of catches means absolutely nothing.  Would anyone consider Eric Parker a very good WR?

681323[/snapback]

I think to do an accurate analysis you'd have to compare Freddie to the league average for WRs. That or, what is he...the number 3 receiver? Compare him to #3 receivers stats across the board. He may look even better then (or worse for that matter).

I personally wouldn't want him on my team. Not that I have one or anything!

Freddie is an Avg. #3 WR , with a big mouth and no brain.

Freddy isn't that big of a deal. He talked a little smack and it got a bit bigger than he thought it would be. I've listened to the guy on a few interviews over the past few years and I think he just tries to be entertaining.

I'll give him some credit though, at least he didn't come out and back down. Freddy isn't now and never will be a superstar, but he's a decent third receiver and a pretty decent teammate from what you hear from the rest of the eagles.

So why does everyone care so much??? Because he dared to talk smack about one of the "beloved","sacred", "dynasty", "dominating" Patriots?

Big Deal :D