[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Hurricanes' top recruit will be charged with battery

Kansas State 2000

MIAMI -- The Miami Hurricanes' top recruit will be charged with battery before his probation expires, his attorney said Sunday.

Attorney Paul Lazarus expects the State Attorney's Office in Gainesville to charge Willie Williams before Wednesday, when the Parade All-American linebacker's 18-month probation on felony burglary charges ends.

The new charges would result in a probation violation, and a warrant could be issued for Williams' arrest.

"The State Attorney told me he was proceeding faster than he would like," Lazarus said. "But as an officer of the court, he feels he has an obligation to file charges before Willie's probation expires. That gives Broward County an opportunity to look at a possible probation violation."

LINK

Guest VoteQuimby

This kid has been arrested 10 times big_shoc and was on probation when he got a little crazy on his visit to the gators. How the hell do you get arrested that many times without any of the schools knowing it? I'm so glad FSU did not get this kid.

VoteQuimby:

This kid has been arrested 10 times   big_shoc    and was on probation when he got a little crazy on his visit to the gators. How the hell do you get arrested that many times without any of the schools knowing it? I'm so glad FSU did not get this kid.

I thought having an arrest record was necessary to play for Bowden?

Guest VoteQuimby

That comment is precisely why I'm glad we didn't get him. If a reporter can find out this kid's history by simply plugging in his name you would think all these schools would do the same during recruiting.

His recruiting diaries were very funny though.

When he arrived at Tallahassee Airport, defensive line coach Odell Haggins was there to greet him.

''When he picked me up, he had a box of chicken wings for me,'' Williams said. ``I was starving, but there was only like two wings. I told him `Coach, we're still going to dinner right?'

``He took me to the hotel. This place was beautiful, nicest place I've ever stayed. It was called The Radisson. I was impressed.''

Guest VoteQuimby

I feel sorry for the guy being that impressed by the Radisson. I read those articles and it is amazing how far the schools go to get these kids. I mean FSU is no Colorado with the strip clubs, but we will serve up the steak and lobster.

• 5 months later...

The University of Miami has no shame and no class. They have become a laughing stock because of their lack of integrity and institutional control. I used to sort of admire their program long ago. Now I loathe them...

The University of Miami has no shame and no class.  They have become a laughing stock because of their lack of integrity and institutional control.  I used to sort of admire their program long ago.  Now I loathe them...

329009[/snapback]

LMAO. Yeah, shame shame on them for not following the rules that all the other Div. 1 schools follow. :D