[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Surtain Wants Out Of Miami

'canes2004

Have a feeling this will be the first of many defensive starters to be either traded or let go to seek employment elsewhere. As said before with the new contact rules, having a shut-down corner isn't as big a need anymore. As a Dolphin fan I'm sad to see him leave but we need the space and he needs the chance to play for a team that has a shot at a title.

Herald Link

Over the past five seasons, Surtain has 25 interceptions, seven more than any other cornerback during the same period.

I hope the Dolphins can at least get a late 1st or 2nd rounder for him.

Where will Sutain end up? Dallas? KC? GB? Saban is going to try to get as many draft picks as possible for Surtain.

I hate to see him go too but Poole should be able to step in and get the job done.

Over the past five seasons, Surtain has 25 interceptions, seven more than any other cornerback during the same period.

I hope the Dolphins can at least get a late 1st or 2nd rounder for him.

Where will Sutain end up? Dallas? KC? GB? Saban is going to try to get as many draft picks as possible for Surtain.

I hate to see him go too but Poole should be able to step in and get the job done.

681717[/snapback]

New England :D

Do we even have the cap space for big FA like Surtain  :D

682515[/snapback]

B) I got the impression he was still under contract, so I imagine acquiring him would involve a trade. Perhaps they're still interested in Davenport?

Looks like he's in a similar stuation as Sharper. Will count $8 million against the cap. Miami probably needs to extend his contract to keep him, but he doesn't want to stay. Though Sharper wants to stay in GB, his cap number ($8 mil) and his age (30) make his future uncertain.

Maybe they can swap cap headaches? :D Yeah I know...doubtful.

Edited by A Little Bit Special

I really don't want to see Surtain go, but I guess they don't have much of a choice.  Couldn't they cut Boston and make a couple of moves elsewhere, instead of letting a Pro Bowl Corner go.

681658[/snapback]

it would be hard to cut boston since he has a high signing bonus. Probably cutting him would hurt the Dolphins more

it would be hard to cut boston since he has a high signing bonus. Probably cutting him would hurt the Dolphins more

686263[/snapback]

Boston originally signed with San Diego, and had to eat the whole bonus when they traded him to the Dolphins. The Dolphins got him on the cheap. I don't think cutting him would save much money.