[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Priest will be ready for next season

Chief Dick

From the KC Star this morning.

Holmes: ‘I'll be ready'

Chief says knee is better, looks forward to season

By RANDY COVITZ

The Kansas City Star

JACKSONVILLE, Fla. — Chiefs running back Priest Holmes picked up an award during Super Bowl festivities Wednesday and pronounced his knee fit for 2005.

“It's much better,'' said Holmes, who missed the final eight games of the 2004 season because of a knee injury, the second time in three years he finished a season on injured reserve.

“I'll be ready for next year,'' Holmes promised.

Because he missed the second half of last season, Holmes was surprised he was selected as the 2004 Snickers Hungriest Player of the Year for his performance in the Chiefs' 27-24 victory over Baltimore on Oct. 4. Holmes rushed for 125 yards and two touchdowns. The award is determined by online voting.

And he was further surprised when the award was presented by his father, Herman Morris, a master sergeant in the U.S. Army Reserve who recently completed a 12-month volunteer tour of duty in a combat zone in Iraq.

After bursting through a life-sized Snickers wrapper, Holmes did a double take when he was presented a glass trophy (filled with Snickers bars) by his father, who was in full uniform, and accompanied by Holmes' mother, Norma Morris.

“It's great to have him home,'' Holmes said of his father. “He's done a tremendous job over there. I talked to my parents last week, and they made no mention of this … so they were as surprised as I was.''

In all, 30 players won Snickers Hungriest Player of the Week honors as selected by the “Monday Night Football” broadcast team. Snickers will make a $10,000 donation to Holmes' charitable foundation, Team Priest.

He was on with Mike & The Mad Dog on WFAN yesterday and they brought up Larry Johnson and the prospect of him getting more carries and Priest said something like: (I'm paraphrasing -but this is close to verbatim)

"That's fine with me. At at the point in my carreer where it's nice to have someone come in share the load. I wouldn't mind having someone else carry it more down the field - then just give it to me and I'll get it in the endzone."

He was on with Mike & The Mad Dog on WFAN yesterday and they brought up Larry Johnson and the prospect of him getting more carries and Priest said something like: (I'm paraphrasing -but this is close to verbatim)

"That's fine with me.  At at the point in my carreer where it's nice to have someone come in share the load.  I wouldn't mind having someone else carry it more down the field - then just give it to me and I'll get it in the endzone."

683534[/snapback]

Great...just great. He's campaigning to become a TD vulture. :D

I'm still not picking him 1st next year

683682[/snapback]

I don't think the expectations will be for him to be a first round pick in most fantasy drafts. I see him dropping to mid first round in a 12 team league, and probably pretty good dam value in the 5-7 position.

Johnson looked too good to go back to a pure reserve role.

Priest will have to go down in value next year due to threat of RBBC.

683596[/snapback]

While I agree that LJ played himself into some added playtime, there is no way you sit a healthy Priest Holmes. Some form of RBBC is probably going to happen but as a Priest owner, I'm not going to worry about how much of the RBBC that LJ gets.

I don't think the expectations will be for him to be a first round pick in most fantasy drafts. I see him dropping to mid first round in a 12 team league, and probably pretty good dam value in the 5-7 position.

684031[/snapback]

You seem to be the Chief's authority on the board. Do you think LJ will be dealt, or will Blaylock be shown the door? Selfishly, I hope that LJ gets dealt to a run-happy offense, because I have Priest and LJ in a league where you can keep three players. I'm definitely ecstatic that there is no retirement talk with the Priest. It's nice to see him looking forward to next year. He is going to have some fresh legs, and as long as he's healthy, I really don't see his playing time significantly reduced.

You seem to be the Chief's authority on the board.  Do you think LJ will be dealt, or will Blaylock be shown the door?  Selfishly, I hope that LJ gets dealt to a run-happy offense, because I have Priest and LJ in a league where you can keep three players.  I'm definitely ecstatic that there is no retirement talk with the Priest.  It's nice to see him  looking forward to next year.  He is going to have some fresh legs, and as long as he's healthy, I really don't see his playing time significantly reduced.

684271[/snapback]

I think Blaylock is gone: he's a free agent. They keep Johnson as Holmes' backup, and probably give him the same carries that Blaylock got last year, maybe a little more.