[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Shaun Alexander + Miami Dolphins

'canes2004

That's funny. So far I've read that

Shaun Alexander, Travis Henry, and Edgerrin James,

all want to go to the Dolphins.

683375[/snapback]

Don't forget Ruben Droughns too. :D What can we say, everybody wants to play for the Phins. I guess nobody cares they went 3-13 last year. I guess the nightlife, climate etc. is worth more than winning right now. Although of everybody I would most want SA.

Does anyone else think SA is more a benefactor of that great Seattle O-line than being a great back? I've had Alexander in my keeper league since he took over for Ricky Watters and I don't necessarily think he creates a lot of opportunities for himself running wise. I cringe to think of how is numbers might dip if he goes to a team with a subpar line.

Is it just me?

Does anyone else think SA is more a benefactor of that great Seattle O-line than being a great back?  I've had Alexander in my keeper league since he took over for Ricky Watters and I don't necessarily think he creates a lot of opportunities for himself running wise.  I cringe to think of how is numbers might dip if he goes to a team with a subpar line. 

Is it just me?

683428[/snapback]

It's just you. :D

Don't forget Ruben Droughns too. :D  What can we say, everybody wants to play for the Phins.  I guess nobody cares they went 3-13 last year.  I guess the nightlife, climate etc. is worth more than winning right now.  Although of everybody I would most want SA.

683392[/snapback]

don't forget about the tax advantages of having a primary residence in FLA, which could save an athlete millions of dollars...

Didn't even think of the tax advantages. My Dad is always telling me how much less the taxes are in FL, when trying to convince me to move down there. I guess I didn't realize for a salary in the millions it must be a huge advantage.

Edited by blaw23

I thought Gruden was anormed by Cadillac.

683408[/snapback]

Is Alexander a great free-agent pickup?

ProFootballWeekly.com asks associate editor Jeff Reynolds for his thoughts on the hottest topics in the NFL.

Scouts have mixed feelings about breaking bank to sign RB Alexander

If the game is about production, there is no doubt that Seahawks RB Shaun Alexander is one of the best running backs in the NFL. Alexander ran for 1,696 yards last season, averaged 1,406 rushing yards in four years as the Seattle starter and has scored 72 career touchdowns. Alexander, set to become an unrestricted free agent on March 2, is the source of much front-office debate in Seattle and beyond.

PFW: What is there to debate about Alexander?

Reynolds: He’s a fine running back with decent hands who fits the West Coast offense. Alexander is recognized as a goal-line runner but at 5-11, 225, he shows less toughness in converting critical short-yardage situations than scouts would like. In December, one scout described Alexander as “an athlete not a running back. You see some tough runs, he’ll lower his shoulder. It’s not that he fears contact. But I don’t like that he can’t get the tough yards.”

Often, the Seahawks used FB Mack Strong as an I-back in some short-yardage situations, like 3rd-and-2 or less. Alexander, according to STATS, Inc., was third in the NFL in “stuffs,” which is being stopped when needing two or fewer yards. But Alexander was also third in the NFL in rushing first downs with 77, behind Curtis Martin and Corey Dillon. There is a thought that Alexander isn’t built to last and won’t hold up as well as Martin has. But others say Alexander just needs the right situation to be considered among the best in the NFL.

Alexander thrived in the second half of games, gaining 5.2 yards per carry in the regular season after halftime. In a division that didn’t have a rushing defense in the top 19, Alexander made his hay against many lesser opponents. Against Atlanta (19 carries, 80 yards), New England (16-77), Tampa Bay (17-45) and Buffalo (13-39), he was ordinary.

Arizona, Miami and Cincinnati might have interest in Alexander according to reports. But in an offseason where the position is well stocked with options, both in free agency and the draft, don’t expect any of those teams to give Alexander a contract in the neighborhood of the $50.5-million deal Clinton Portis signed with Washington or the $60-million deal LaDainian Tomlinson grabbed from

Hey Duch, what's the sig from?  Can't place it.

683834[/snapback]

The Holy Grail....

ARTHUR:

Old woman!

DENNIS:

Man!

ARTHUR:

Man. Sorry. What knight lives in that castle over there?

DENNIS:

I'm thirty-seven.

ARTHUR:

I-- what?

DENNIS:

I'm thirty-seven. I'm not old.

ARTHUR:

Well, I can't just call you 'Man'.

DENNIS:

Well, you could say 'Dennis'.

ARTHUR:

Well, I didn't know you were called 'Dennis'.

DENNIS:

Well, you didn't bother to find out, did you?

ARTHUR:

I did say 'sorry' about the 'old woman', but from the behind you looked--

DENNIS:

What I object to is that you automatically treat me like an inferior!

ARTHUR:

Well, I am King!

DENNIS:

Oh, King, eh, very nice. And how d'you get that, eh? By exploiting the workers! By 'anging on to outdated imperialist dogma which perpetuates the economic and social differences in our society. If there's ever going to be any progress with the--

WOMAN:

Dennis, there's some lovely filth down here. Oh! How d'you do?

ARTHUR:

How do you do, good lady? I am Arthur, King of the Britons. Who's castle is that?

WOMAN:

King of the who?

ARTHUR:

The Britons.

WOMAN:

Who are the Britons?

ARTHUR:

Well, we all are. We are all Britons, and I am your king.

WOMAN:

I didn't know we had a king. I thought we were an autonomous collective.

DENNIS:

You're fooling yourself. We're living in a dictatorship: a self-perpetuating autocracy in which the working classes--

WOMAN:

Oh, there you go bringing class into it again.

DENNIS:

That's what it's all about. If only people would hear of--

ARTHUR:

Please! Please, good people. I am in haste. Who lives in that castle?

WOMAN:

No one lives there.

ARTHUR:

Then who is your lord?

WOMAN:

We don't have a lord.

ARTHUR:

What?

DENNIS:

I told you. We're an anarcho-syndicalist commune. We take it in turns to act as a sort of executive officer for the week,...

ARTHUR:

Yes.

DENNIS:

...but all the decisions of that officer have to be ratified at a special bi-weekly meeting...

ARTHUR:

Yes, I see.

DENNIS:

...by a simple majority in the case of purely internal affairs,...

ARTHUR:

Be quiet!

DENNIS:

...but by a two-thirds majority in the case of more major--

ARTHUR:

Be quiet! I order you to be quiet!

WOMAN:

Order, eh? Who does he think he is? Heh.

ARTHUR:

I am your king!

WOMAN:

Well, I didn't vote for you.

ARTHUR:

You don't vote for kings.

WOMAN:

Well, how did you become King, then?

ARTHUR:

The Lady of the Lake,...

[angels sing]

...her arm clad in the purest shimmering samite, held aloft Excalibur from the bosom of the water signifying by Divine Providence that I, Arthur, was to carry Excalibur.

[singing stops]

That is why I am your king!

DENNIS:

Listen. Strange women lying in ponds distributing swords is no basis for a system of government. Supreme executive power derives from a mandate from the masses, not from some farcical aquatic ceremony.

ARTHUR:

Be quiet!

DENNIS:

Well, but you can't expect to wield supreme executive power just 'cause some watery tart threw a sword at you!

ARTHUR:

Shut up!

DENNIS:

I mean, if I went 'round saying I was an emperor just because some moistened bint had lobbed a scimitar at me, they'd put me away!

ARTHUR:

Shut up, will you? Shut up!

DENNIS:

Ah, now we see the violence inherent in the system.

ARTHUR:

Shut up!

DENNIS:

Oh! Come and see the violence inherent in the system! Help! Help! I'm being repressed!

ARTHUR:

Bloody peasant!

DENNIS:

Oh, what a give-away. Did you hear that? Did you hear that, eh? That's what I'm on about. Did you see him repressing me? You saw it, didn't you?

Read somewhere today that the Bucs are a possibility too.

683401[/snapback]

http://bucs.tbo.com/bucs/MGB6P8YCQ4E.html

JACKSONVILLE - Potential free agent Shaun Alexander expressed interest Wednesday in signing with the Bucs if Seattle doesn't work out a new deal with the Pro Bowl running back within the next month.

``Some of my best friends live in Tampa and it's definitely an idea for me to think about,'' Alexander said. ``Sure, I can play down there, but we've still got some negotiating to do with the Seahawks. In two weeks, we'll know for sure what's going on.''