[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Emmit makes it official

Piranha

I'm glad Emmit was a Cowboy and helped get us those three shiney things but I don't care much about who is considered the greatest back. I enjoyed watching him play and he was a dynamite fantasy stud back in the early nineties.

I saw Jim Brown play too and he was a great player, no question. He played what, nine years? I do wonder how he would have done in todays game, an argument can be made that some of his competition back then was a bunch of scrawny, slow white guys who worked at second jobs to make ends meet and played themselves back in to shape in the summer by smoking, drinking and chasing tail all night. In this day and age of big, fast violent sobs in the NFL, he might have quit after 6 or 7 years. And yes, I do know there were plenty of great players back then, I'm not saying everybody was a stiff.

I saw Jim Brown play too and he was a great player, no question. He played what, nine years? I do wonder how he would have done in todays game, an argument can be made that some of his competition back then was a bunch of scrawny, slow white guys who worked at second jobs to make ends meet and played themselves back in to shape in the summer by smoking, drinking and chasing tail all night. In this day and age of big, fast violent sobs in the NFL, he might have quit after 6 or 7 years. And yes, I do know there were plenty of great players back then, I'm not saying everybody was a stiff.

684113[/snapback]

The NFL of 1962 is irrelevant to the NFL of 2004. Jim Brown was the most dominating back of his generation. He can't help who the competition was.

Wait, there are two things missing from this arguement....

Puddy, where's the Barry Sanders comment

and I haven't heard the excuse:

"He was only good because he ran behind a good O-line" :D

And as far as I'm concerned, he's got the rings and records to prove it. So until someone else comes along and take them away........

Oh, in case your wondering if I'm a Cowboy Homer?

Your Damm Skippy..... :D

I didn't read this whole thread and I don't care about adding my opinion on who the best ever, blah, blah, blah was.

Emmit Smith was one hell of a warrior and should always be mentioned when anyone talks about the greats of the game.

Thanks for the highlights and special thanks for 1994 and 1995 when you took me to back to back SB wins in the home league.