[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Emmit makes it official

Piranha

And thus passes the greatest running back, without question, that ever played in the NFL.

SALUTE!

683783[/snapback]

Payton has been gone a while. But so has Sanders, Brown, Simpson, and Dickerson. So that means it shoulda read.......And thus passes the sixth greatest running back, without question, that ever played in the NFL

Payton has been gone a while.  But so has Sanders, Brown, Simpson, and Dickerson.  So that means it shoulda read.......And thus passes the sixth greatest running back, without question, that ever played in the NFL

683789[/snapback]

I agree with this guy.

I thought he was going to go out a Cowboy...via special negotiations with Jerry Jones?...

683791[/snapback]

He is.. He's signing a one day contract with the Cowboys,

as per the article

And thus passes the greatest running back, without question, that ever played in the NFL.

SALUTE!

683783[/snapback]

:D

I have no problem with the Salute..... and yes, even though I never liked him, he is great.... however, I do have a problem with 'the greatest ever in the NFL'. I can name two greater than him without even trying.

Wonder if you would be saying that, DMD, if he had been a Redskin, Jet, Bill, or Titan?

Every Cowboy fan says the same thing. Every non-Cowboy fan is a lot more subjective. At least from my POV on people here.

SALUTE!

683783[/snapback]

:D Yeah, and Hank Aaron is the greatest homerun hitter of all-time too.

Homer. :oldrazz:

Seriously though, hopefully Emmitt will stay retired and enjoy life after football. Definitely one the best 5 RBs in NFL History.

:D

I have no problem with the Salute..... and yes, even though I never liked him, he is great.... however, I do have a problem with 'the greatest ever in the NFL'.  I can name two greater than him without even trying.

Wonder if you would be saying that, DMD, if he had been a Redskin, Jet, Bill, or Titan?

Every Cowboy fan says the same thing. Every non-Cowboy fan is a lot more subjective. At least from my POV on people here.

683797[/snapback]

If a player on the Redskins, Jets, Bills or Titans had ran for more yards and scored more rushing touchdowns than any other running back in the history of the game, then yes, I would objectively say they were the greatest.

If a player on the Redskins, Jets, Bills or Titans had ran for more yards and scored more rushing touchdowns than any other running back in the history of the game, then yes, I would objectively say they were the greatest.

683877[/snapback]

I wouldn't. Everyone knows the greatest was Jim Brown.

I wouldn't.  Everyone knows the greatest was Jim Brown.

683885[/snapback]

Certainly Brown was the best in his era, but the greatest ever has to be objectively determined and that can only be production. Had Brown continued to play, he certainly could have had a shot at being the greatest.

Certainly Brown was the best in his era, but the greatest ever has to be objectively determined and that can only be production. Had Brown continued to play, he certainly could have had a shot at being the greatest.

683892[/snapback]

the same could be said for gale sayers. he would/could have been the greatest. it is subjective and we will always argue this debate. i'm biased towards payton, but emitt is in the top 3-5. that i'll give you. after payton and brown, 1 and 1a, you could shuffle the next 5 spots and i could easily agree with all the different rankings of people here at the huddle on any given day. anyway, emitt deserves all the accolades he receives. hopefully we see him in the broadcast booth. i think he could add alot to telecasts.

683892[/snapback]

I agree with DMD. Can't judge players on what if's. If we played that game Bo Jackson was the most talented player to come through the NFL. What if he dedicated himself to football full time and didn't get injured. We'll never know. With Emmitt we know.

683892[/snapback]

What was Brown's YPC? What's Emmitts? I'm not talking about what ifs. Some people know when to walk away and others can't let go. What does that have to do with being the greatest?

I thought he should have retired 2 years ago, but I still respect him for leaving when he wanted too and not when everyone else thought he should. I don't agree that he is the best ever, but I would certainly put him in the top 5 or 6. It is sad to see a player of that caliber go. He was and is a class act.

Congrats Emmitt on a great career!! See you again at your HOF induction!!