[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

The Greatest Running Back Ever Is ...

Grits and Shins

:D If Stewart Scott doesn't think so then well, it isn't the case.  Please.

Since credibility is not an issue for me around here, let me make this simple for everyone.

The Greatest RB Ever is Emmitt Smith.

684548[/snapback]

Longevity and an inability to know when to retire does not greatness make!

I mainly wrote the article because I wanted to break it down to something as close to 1:1 as I could to compare them. I was surprised to see how heavy use Emmitt always was and how many receiving yards that Payton had. More than anything, I'll be the first to admit that Jim Brown obviously was the most effective player. I cannot imagine what he would have done with 16 game seasons.

I mainly wrote the article because I wanted to break it down to something as close to 1:1 as I could to compare them. I was surprised to see how heavy use Emmitt always was and how many receiving yards that Payton had. More than anything, I'll be the first to admit that Jim Brown obviously was the most effective player. I cannot imagine what he would have done with 16 game seasons.

685415[/snapback]

You're the expert DMD. You're the guy with the dream job. I can't agree with anyone that thinks Emmitt was greater than Jim Brown but I completely agree with your last statement. :D

but he also ran behind what could have been the best O line in NFL history.

I am so sick of hearing you sicophants try and peddle this garbage. Just shut it will ya? This is not lala land where an alternate reality exists. Emmit did his thing, just as Brady is doing his now, just as Sanders did his, same as j.brown.

That being said, I think peyton is the best, not only for his impact on the game and his performance, but his impact on the world and those bi-peds that shared it with him.