[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Cowboy bias strikes again!

quiveringnorm

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Once again, football novice, it is about how he played on the field, and if you could afford a TV, then you would have seen who the team leader was ON THE FIELD.  NOBODY IS ASKING IRVIN TO INDUCTED TO THE GOOD CHARACTER OFF THE FIELD AWARD, BUT THE FOOTBALL HALL OF FAME. Last time I checked, he wasn't porking hookers or snorting cocaine during the games.  That would be on pay per view.

He never beat up any hookers, he only ***ed them.  Get your facts straight.

689517[/snapback]

You just keep sounding dumber and funnier the more you post. You all wound up over your favorite junkie not getting voted in, aren't you? I wonder how many other Dallas fans would agree that a hooker beating, coke snorting and gun toting FUTURE Hall of Famer was actually teh heart, sould and leader of those SB teams and not Troy or Emmitt.

If you want to help me on my facts as to what Cowboys broke exactly what laws and were arrested when with a gun pointing to a hookers head, feel free. Otherwise, I think I get it basicly right. One fact I know is absolutely right, though, is he is not in the Hall of Fame.

WAAAaaaa!!!

It's unfortunate that people's memories of how the game was played has faded.  Why don't you guys go to pro football reference and see how many TD's, rec's and yards the leaders had during Swann's and Stallworth's career. 

1974 league leaders

Rec's 72  Rec TD's 13  Rec yards 1092

1975 league leaders

Rec's 73  Rec TD's 11  Rec yards 1063

1976  league leaders

Rec's 66  Rec TD's  12  Rec yards 1112

1977  league leaders

Rec's 71  Rec TD's  12  Rec yards 870

Remember they played during the bump and run era when downfield contact was allowed and there weren't a ton of rules to give the offense (particularly WR's) an advantage..........

686489[/snapback]

Phenom, we might not see eye to eye on Michael Vick and Randall Cunningham, but you are absolutley correct here. This is the best point of the thread and most whiners won't admit it.

You just keep sounding dumber and funnier the more you post. You all wound up over your favorite junkie not getting voted in, aren't you? I wonder how many other Dallas fans would agree that a hooker beating, coke snorting and gun toting FUTURE Hall of Famer was actually teh heart, sould and leader of those SB teams and not Troy or Emmitt.

If you want to help me on my facts as to what Cowboys broke exactly what laws and were arrested when with a gun pointing to a hookers head, feel free. Otherwise, I think I get it basicly right. One fact I know is absolutely right, though, is he is not in the Hall of Fame.

WAAAaaaa!!!

689571[/snapback]

Did he also murder his ex-wife and a waiter. He also was responsible for the 9-11 attacks, and the killing of millions in Germany. His crime sheet gets deeper and deeper with you. This coming from a Raider fan?

Did he also murder his ex-wife and a waiter. He also was responsible for the 9-11 attacks, and the killing of millions in Germany.  His crime sheet gets deeper and deeper with you.  This coming from a Raider fan?

689607[/snapback]

Are you denying he was arrested 2 times for coke, picking up hookers and holding a gun to a chicks head while a teammate videotaped it?

I'm just asking, I am a novice after all, so I might not have my Michael Irvin arrest records straight.

At least there'll never be a debate as to whether or not he should enter Broadcasting Hall of Fame.

Michael Irvin: THE U!!! THE U!!! ALL GOOD NFL PLAYERS CAME FROM THE U!!! ED REED'S MY BOY, WHERE DID HE COME FROM? THE U!!! AHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!! THE U!!! MY COWBOYS ARE A BETTER DYNASTY THEN THE PATS!!! WR IS THE GREATEST POSITION EVER!!! I WENT TO THE U!!! I PLAYED WR!!! I'M THE GREATEST EVER!!! LET'S SCREAM SOME MORE!!! THE LOUDEST POINT IS THE MOST CORRECT!!! THE U!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Tom Jackson: Please shoot me.

Are you denying he was arrested 2 times for coke, picking up hookers and holding a gun to a chicks head while a teammate videotaped it?

I'm just asking, I am a novice after all, so I might not have my Michael Irvin arrest records straight.

689636[/snapback]

C'mon...who among us hasn't been arrested for coke, hookers, and holding guns to people's heads? Cut the guy some slack!

Personally, I think they're waiting to find a certified ebonics translator in the Canton area before they allow Irvin on the podium. He should get in in a couple of years.

C'mon...who among us hasn't been arrested for coke, hookers, and holding guns to people's heads?  Cut the guy some slack!

Personally, I think they're waiting to find a certified ebonics translator in the Canton area before they allow Irvin on the podium.  He should get in in a couple of years.

689677[/snapback]

You are a jet fan and talking trash? Don't talk until you have more rings. I think Herman Edwards can translate for us white's that can't understand ebonics.

689636[/snapback]

He got busted with coke in a hotel room with Alfredo Roberts and two strippers. He was also arrested and not charged when police busted in a apartment and they found a joint on a table. THis was after he retired. He has never been charged with holding a gun to a hookers head. I don't know what you have been smoking. He was also never arrested for 'picking up hookers'.

What else do you want to charge him with? Did he kill Laci Peterson too? Maybe he molested kids, instead of Michael Jackson.

You are a jet fan and talking trash?  Don't talk until you have more rings.  I think Herman Edwards can translate for us white's that can't understand ebonics.

689939[/snapback]

Herm speaks English.

And Jet is spelled with a capital J.

Now go back to your trailer you white trash piece of ***.

Edited by Vet

Herm speaks English.

And Jet is spelled with a capital J.

Now go back to your trailer you white trash piece of ***.

689953[/snapback]

The jets will be spelled like this until they win some meaningful games. They havnen't won a meaningful game since Joe Namath. :D The new york jets.

So, I am the one who is white trash? You need a 'ebonics' translator for Michael Irvin? Most people that have social lives can understand Michael Irvin. But losers like you don't understand anyone who doesn't look like them. Go sit on your computer and find the latest download of the new york jets screen saver. Maybe Quincy Carter will be on it.

It's unfortunate that people's memories of how the game was played has faded.  Why don't you guys go to pro football reference and see how many TD's, rec's and yards the leaders had during Swann's and Stallworth's career. 

1974 league leaders

Rec's 72   Rec TD's 13  Rec yards 1092

1975 league leaders

Rec's 73   Rec TD's 11   Rec yards 1063

1976  league leaders

Rec's 66   Rec TD's  12  Rec yards 1112

1977  league leaders

Rec's 71   Rec TD's  12  Rec yards 870

Remember they played during the bump and run era when downfield contact was allowed and there weren't a ton of rules to give the offense (particularly WR's) an advantage..........

686489[/snapback]

That is true, but when you look to find where Swann was during those seasons....he's way down the list. The Hall of Fame is not for the good...it's for the great..if Irvin's off the field issues kept him out this year..so be it, but if that is the arguement your going to use to say he's not worthy...then I want Lawrence Taylor removed, O.J Simpson removed as well as Mike Webster. I'm not going to say Irvin was a model citizen..far from it, but what he did on the playing field speaks volumes. A good portion of NFL players lead less than stellar lives, we only know about it when it ends up in the police blotter...but what about all the stuff we never hear about because it's never caught? Vatican Hit Squad, your insults towards Irvin and Cowboy fans in general, are weak, childish and I can only assume you do it to cover up your lack of knowledge, or your inability to put your personal feelings aside about a player or franchise you don't like. I'm not sure how old you are, but that's the kind of thing I did when I was in grade school, not to mention...if I'm not mistaken...your a Raider fan?? didn't they have their share of unsavory characters....H-Y-P-O-C-R-I-T-E. Being a Cowboy fan, I hate the Redskins, BUT the fact that Art Monk is not in the Hall is ludicris...Ray Guy...same thing( punter or not, he was the best to ever play his position wasn't he??) I can say those things because I'm a grown up..and a fan of FOOTBALL...not just the Cowboys. I'll wait...with baited breath...for your witty reply....I need a good laugh.

Edited by Herdmaster

He got busted with coke in a hotel room with Alfredo Roberts and two strippers.

Is that this time?

"July 15, 1996: Irvin pleads no contest to second-degree felony cocaine possession in exchange for four years' deferred probation, $10,000 fine and dismissal of misdemeanor Josh Gordon possession charges against him."

or is that this time?

"June 21, 2001: A Denton County grand jury indicts Irvin on a felony charge of possessing less than a gram of cocaine stemming from the Aug. 9 arrest."

He was also arrested and not charged when police busted in a apartment and they found a joint on a table.

Oh, do you mean this arrest:

"March 4, 1996: Irving, Texas, police respond to complaints of a loud party at a motel. Police find Josh Gordon and cocaine along with drug paraphernalia in room where Irvin and three others are staying. Irvin also is charged with felony possession of at least 4 grams of cocaine"

or maybe you're referring to this arrest:

"Aug. 9, 2000: Irvin arrested in North Dallas apartment complex on a charge of misdemeanor possession of marijuan"

THis was after he retired.

He retired in 2000. Notice some of the above happened in 1996 and 1997... do you need me to explain how that is NOT after he reitred?

He has never been charged with holding a gun to a hookers head.

Charged... investigated... him and Erik Williams got themselves in a huge heap of trouble, which either you were too young to read about or too in love with him to believe.

http://www.texnews.com/cowboys/charlotte010297.html

He was also never arrested for 'picking up hookers'.

What do you call a stripper who goes back to a hotel room to party? If she looks like a hooker, and she works like a hooker....

What else do you want to charge him with?

Stealing your common sense?

Now please... go back to crying about him not being in the Hall of Fame, you sounded much better when you were just a whiner as opposed to an ignorant Dallas fan who doesn't know jack abotu what he's talking about.

Vatican Hit Squad, your insults towards Irvin and Cowboy fans in general, are weak, childish and I can only assume you do it to cover up your lack of knowledge, or your inability to put your personal feelings aside about a player or franchise you don't like. I'm not sure how old you are, but that's the kind of thing I did when I was in grade school, not to mention...if I'm not mistaken...your a Raider fan?? didn't they have their share of unsavory characters....H-Y-P-O-C-R-I-T-E. Being a Cowboy fan, I hate the Redskins, BUT the fact that Art Monk is not in the Hall is ludicris...Ray Guy...same thing( punter or not, he was the best to ever play his position wasn't he??) I can say those things because I'm a grown up..and a fan of FOOTBALL...not just the Cowboys. I'll wait...with baited breath...for your witty reply....I need a good laugh.

My insults, which are basicly nothing more than calling the whiners in this thread Cryboys, absolutely appropriate. He didn't get inducted, and all of a sudden there's a huge conspiracy against the Cowboys? Who are you kidding. And my comments about Irvin, they are facts. Can you seriously deny them and the fact that he was arrested numerous times for numerous infractions?

Please, spare me the "lack of knowledge" of the game or "how old I am" lines. I old school in Football knowledge, and I'm fairly open to being a fan of the game overall (a Raider fan who can appreciate the skills of John Elway). So step on down from you high horse. Unless it's a Michael Irvin High horse, then stay up there until the cops split.

The Raiders had TONS of unsavory characters. What's you point? Am I startign threads complaining about them not getting inducted into the Hall of Fame? Of course not. Are you even reading the thread? I laid out Ray Guy earlier as a joke, since it's common knowledge that he's the greatest punter to play the game but will NEVER get in the HoF because Punters aren't "football positions".

So go cry a puddle about Irvin not getting inducted in his first year, such a HUGE injustice... it MUST be a conspiracy against the Cowboys (that's the point of this whoel thread AND my replies). :D

Is that this time?

"July 15, 1996: Irvin pleads no contest to second-degree felony cocaine possession in exchange for four years' deferred probation, $10,000 fine and dismissal of misdemeanor Josh Gordon possession charges against him."

or is that this time?

"June 21, 2001: A Denton County grand jury indicts Irvin on a felony charge of possessing less than a gram of cocaine stemming from the Aug. 9 arrest."

Oh, do you mean this arrest:

"March 4, 1996: Irving, Texas, police respond to complaints of a loud party at a motel. Police find Josh Gordon and cocaine along with drug paraphernalia in room where Irvin and three others are staying. Irvin also is charged with felony possession of at least 4 grams of cocaine"

or maybe you're referring to this arrest:

"Aug. 9, 2000: Irvin arrested in North Dallas apartment complex on a charge of misdemeanor possession of marijuan"

He retired in 2000. Notice some of the above happened in 1996 and 1997... do you need me to explain how that is NOT after he reitred?

Charged... investigated... him and Erik Williams got themselves in a huge heap of trouble, which either you were too young to read about or too in love with him to believe.

http://www.texnews.com/cowboys/charlotte010297.html

What do you call a stripper who goes back to a hotel room to party? If she looks like a hooker, and she works like a hooker....

Stealing your common sense?

Now please... go back to crying about him not being in the Hall of Fame, you sounded much better when you were just a whiner as opposed to an ignorant Dallas fan who doesn't know jack abotu what he's talking about.

690089[/snapback]

OK genius, all of this research and it amounts to the same 2 incidents I am talking about!!!

July '96 he pleads no contest to the March '96 incident. (THIS IS THE SAME INCIDENT. you seperateded in your post as 2 different incidents.)

June 2001- He is idicted on the Aug. 9 2000 arrest. (THIS IS THE SAME INCIDENT , again. He was arrested for a MISDEMEANOR drug charge. Aug. 9 2001. Once again, you act like this is two seperate incidents. It is only one) By the way, you failed to mention this last charge was dropped. THIS WHOLE INCIDENT HAPPENED AFTER HE RETIRED.

So, all that research and you have 1 arrest during his playing career. A drug charge. What about the gun to the hooker's head? Where is that charge?

What incident were you referring to with Erik Williams?? What was he charged with? NOTHING. THere were some false accusations that someone claimed, they were investegated and the 'accusers' were charged with making a FALSE CLAIM.

You seemed to help my argument. 1 arrest which led to probation during his career. NO GUN CHARGES. FINISH YOUR RESEARCH.

My bad, Here I thought the team leader was the highly accurate QB or the all-time rushing leading RB, not the 2x arrested drug and hooker abusing crackhead.

689493[/snapback]

OK Raiderman. If you have ever heard Troy or Emmitt talk about the team of the 90's, they all say Michael was the without question the leader of those teams. Now go put on your jogging suit, woodshop googles and slick your hair back. Then ease back in your recliner and get your rocks off thinking about your child molesting looking owner.

OK genius, all of this research and it amounts to the same 2 incidents I am talking about!!!   

July '96  he pleads no contest to the March '96 incident.  (THIS IS THE SAME INCIDENT. you seperateded in your post as 2 different incidents.)

June 2001- He is idicted on the Aug. 9 2000 arrest.   (THIS IS THE SAME INCIDENT , again.  He was arrested for a MISDEMEANOR drug charge.  Aug. 9 2001.  Once again, you act like this is two seperate incidents. It is only one)  By the way, you failed to mention this last charge was dropped.  THIS WHOLE INCIDENT HAPPENED AFTER HE RETIRED.

So, all that research and you have 1 arrest during his playing career.  A drug charge.  What about the gun to the hooker's head?  Where is that charge?

What incident were you referring to with Erik Williams?? What was he charged with?  NOTHING.  THere were some false accusations that someone claimed, they were investegated and the 'accusers' were charged with making a FALSE CLAIM. 

You seemed to help my argument.  1 arrest which led to probation during his career.  NO GUN CHARGES.  FINISH YOUR RESEARCH.

690133[/snapback]

http://espn.go.com/nfl/news/2001/0618/1215598.html

Go ahead, read ESPNs run down of his carreer acheivement in law breaking. If it is indeed th e"same two incidents" you were talking about, then you have your facts wrong as it happened 4 years before he retired.

And I gave you the link to the gun story. Try reading that one too. It was in the news as well, back then. But of course, you probably believe OJ didn't kill Nicole as he was found innocent...

Waaaaa!!! My man-love for Michael Irvin is shattered after reading that he was busted numerous times before retirement!!! Boy, you are REALLY unhinged over this!!!

Edited by The Vatican Hitsquad

OK Raiderman.  If you have ever heard Troy or Emmitt talk about the team of the 90's, they all say Michael was the without question the leader of those teams.  Now go put on your jogging suit, woodshop googles and slick your hair back.  Then ease back in your recliner and get your rocks off thinking about your child molesting looking owner.

690145[/snapback]

OK, will do... I mean, if Emmitt and Troy have both admitted that it was Irvin who was the real team leader, who am I to argue with two future 1st year inductee Hall of Famers. :D

Once again, football novice, I said Irvin was arrested 1 time during his playing career. 1 time. On the website it tells you that. He was arrested, grand jury indicts him, then he gets sentenced to probation. This is 1 incident. NOT 3. The one incident during his playing career. The other one (which was dropped) happened AFTER HE RETIRED. He retired in 1999, and he was arrested in 2000. Come on, you can't be this dumb. Can you?

SUMMARY: you said he was "busted" numerous times before retirement. You must amend your argument. He was only "busted" one time. The Erik Williams incident did not lead to any arrests, convictions, anything. So, this still is ONE TIME before and one time after his retirement.

Where are the gun incidents?

So go cry a puddle about Irvin not getting inducted in his first year, such a HUGE injustice... it MUST be a conspiracy against the Cowboys (that's the point of this whoel thread AND my replies). :D

690098[/snapback]

Only two of the 17 receivers currently enshrined in the Hall of Fame have more catches than Michael Irvin, that IS the huge injustice.

Once again, football novice, I said Irvin was arrested 1 time during his playing career. 1 time. On the website it tells you that. 

690176[/snapback]

You do realise on this very page, you have this typed:

"He got busted with coke in a hotel room with Alfredo Roberts and two strippers. He was also arrested and not charged when police busted in a apartment and they found a joint on a table. THis was after he retired."

You see, most people would read this, and think you meant he was never arrested while he was playing.

So go back to your world where OJ didn't kill his wife and Irvin was only busted 1 time, all the other incidents never happened cuz charges were dropped and reduced.

And buy some Kleenex.

Only two of the 17 receivers currently enshrined in the Hall of Fame have more catches than Michael Irvin, that IS the huge injustice.

690248[/snapback]

It's not like he's the best of all time, like Jerry Rice.

Where does it say that a player is ENTITLED to be inducted?

Who said he was NEVER going to get in?

Everybody knows he's goign in, he just wasn't/isn't first ballet material. He'll probably go in in the next year or two, why is that so hard for you guys to accept without making it into an X-Files episode?