[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Boring...........

rocknrobn26

:D Am I the only one who thinks that? Jeeze......w/ 2 good QB's and 2 good def. I was hoping for better. Can you tell I lost my shirt today? Where were the point changes???? :D :hoppingmad:

I have to agree..... for a game that stayed close, it was a real snoozer, if you weren't an Eagles or Pats fan. Very sloppy play by both teams, mistakes and penalties were the order of the day. The miserable way he Eagles played in the last five minutes, like it was the third quarter, to some really stupid penalties, it was for me, a very forgetable Super Bowl. I mean, why didn't the Eagles throw to the sidelines on that last possession? I could go on, and pick apart the whole game. If NE played like that in thier other playoff games, they would have lost. Yea, I thought it was boring too, and I didn't have any $ on it!

Can't believe Ford Mustang ran the same commercial 3 or 4 times ...

687492[/snapback]

Yeah, 1 was certainly enough. I guess they wanted to be sure the guys with small bladders caught at least one of em...

Game was booooring. Commercials were boring. Celebrations were boring.

Andy Reid and McNabb looked so bored, they forgot how to play the game.

Eagles suck...but the Patsies wouldn't even belong on the same field with the 70s Steelers, 80s 49ers (or Redskins), or the 90s Cowboys. Wouldn't even be close. The Pats play in the watered-down NFL of today with no competition.

I must admit the MC Hammer spots made me chuckle, but not because they were particularily witty.  The fact that MC Hammer has to resort to blatant self-mockery to make a buck is a little amusing isn't it?

687496[/snapback]

Kind of. Although, from what I've read about him, he's a very generous guy and a Good Samaritan. He's done some really good things for people he grew up with and for kids in poor neighborhoods. As I understand it, he was taken to the cleaners by groupies and crooked accountants and doesn't have much left. I think it's kind of cool that he doesn't take himself so seriously. I actually respect him more for it.

Game was booooring.  Commercials were boring.  Celebrations were boring. 

Andy Reid and McNabb looked so bored, they forgot how to play the game. 

Eagles suck...but the Patsies wouldn't even belong on the same field with the 70s Steelers, 80s 49ers (or Redskins), or the 90s Cowboys.  Wouldn't even be close.  The Pats play in the watered-down NFL of today with no competition.

687502[/snapback]

I agree completely. Does anyone think its mere coincidence 2 teams made the playoffs with 8-8 records?

We have a league with a couple of bad teams, a couple of good teams, and a whole lot of average teams -- and the difference between good, bad, and average is very small.

I don't take away what NE has done, but some perspective is in order.

I really can't believe so called 'fans' of football could call the game boring. 

The commercials were bad, the game was great.

688052[/snapback]

I second that. I thought it was an extremely intense game. For all those complaining about turnovers and penalties, why can't you attribute that to good defensive play. I know Mcnabb made mistakes but it was a product of the PATS defensive scheme's heavy pressuring.

IMHO It was an excellent superbowl.

Slim

IMHO It was an excellent superbowl.

Slim

688072[/snapback]

I am sorry but I have to disagree with you here...

the super bowl can only be excellent when your team wins :D :D

so for me it wasnt excellent

Edited by keggerz

Kind of.  Although, from what I've read about him, he's a very generous guy and a Good Samaritan.  He's done some really good things for people he grew up with and for kids in poor neighborhoods.  As I  understand it, he was taken to the cleaners by groupies and crooked accountants and doesn't have much left.  I think it's kind of cool that he doesn't take himself so seriously.  I actually respect him more for it.

687551[/snapback]

He's lost all self-respect. That's why he's willing to mock himself to make a buck.

I am sorry but I have to disagree with you here...

the super bowl can only be excellent when your team wins :D :D

so for me it wasnt excellent

688077[/snapback]

I hear ya, but....to be quite frank with you, I thought that it would be a double digit win by the pats. It was a pleasant surprise to be able to watch it through until the end.

with the last 3 pats super bowls I'd rate...

1)Pats - Panthers

2)Pats - Philly

3)Pats - Rams

It wasn't too pretty, but at least the outcome was in question throughout. Sure beats the blowouts we use to have.