[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

McNabb McSucked

Grits and Shins

But, nobody here is giving credit to the Patsies, and that's where the credit/blame lies.

687976[/snapback]

Oh the Patsies are a good team and did their part ... but that in NO WAY justifies or excuses how poorly McNabb played. The interceptions that McNabb threw were balls that should never have been thrown ... he made bad decisions and they resulted in turn overs. Had he played more like Brady and less like Testaverde the Iggles might have won the game.

While that TD pass to Westbrook looked great, it was a pass that should never have been thrown.  I was so surprised after seeing the replay that the ball even fit in between the 2 Pats players.

687979[/snapback]

that pass wasnt much differnt then the one that brady completed to branch that went thru shepperds hands and almost sailed over branchs head :D

other QBs(elway,montana etc) make that throw that McNabb made and its cause they are so great McNabb makes it and it was lucky :D this is a game of inches the pats had more of the inches that mattered and McNabb gave them a few to boot

Props to NE for having McNabb pressured all game long...

uhhmm, the eagles blitz brady all night, difference is Brady is a real QB and made adjustments. mcnabb is overrated.

You know what really gets my goat? All week they asked mcturd about Rush limbaughs comments, he says it was no big deal, then he gushes how he is a black guy who may win the Superbowl.

Who gives a flying F what color your ugly jug head is, it's not as though we NEED more black athletes in the game, they already ARE the best athletes in the game.

Mcnabb and his fat mommy and daddy race baiting the past two weeks was disgusting.

oh, and the new Longest Yard looks great, michael irvin as a convict, talk about perfect type casting.

uhhmm, the eagles blitz brady all night, difference is Brady is a real QB and made adjustments.  mcnabb is overrated.

687995[/snapback]

Yeah, and the Pats O-line, Dillon and Pass deserve no credit for picking up the Blitz extremely well. :oldrolleyes: All game long, I was watching Kearse or Trotter or whoever else picking themsleves off the ground after being pancake-blocked and nullified. The Eagles' D did a good job putting pressure on Brady, but the O-line and the backs did a great job of protecting, overall.

Yeah, and the Pats O-line, Dillon and Pass deserve no credit for picking up the Blitz extremely well. :oldrolleyes: All game long, I was watching Kearse or Trotter or whoever else picking themsleves off the ground after being pancake-blocked and nullified. The Eagles' D did a good job putting pressure on Brady, but the O-line and the backs did a great job of protecting, overall.

688009[/snapback]

Brady was sacked twice

McSuck was sacked four times

Brady was 23-33 for 219 yards and 2 TDs

McChoke was 30-51 for 324 yards and 3 TDs

I'll give you this ... when your team abandons the run AND abandons the screen to Westbrook it probably does become easier to defend the pass

Brady was sacked twice

McSuck was sacked four times

Brady was 23-33 for 219 yards and 2 TDs

McChoke was 30-51 for 324 yards and 3 TDs

I'll give you this ... when your team abandons the run AND abandons the screen to Westbrook it probably does become easier to defend the pass

688014[/snapback]

I am not really picking up what you are getting at in your post. My post that you qouted was just to point out that the Eagles' Defense schemed pretty well yesterday, but the Pats' O-line and backs did an excellent job of pass protection. Brady did a great job of calling out Blitz reads at the line, too.

I disagree that McNabb "sucked."  Along with those 3 picks, he threw 3 TDs, 357 yds, and had a respectable 59% completion percentage.  That's not bad, considering the defense that he was facing.  How many QBs have actually had good games against NE in the playoffs?  Jake Delhomme is the only one that I can think of.  Also, Philly couldn't run the ball for crap, which put even more pressure on McNabb (51 passing attempts).  If you discount Westbrook's "trick" run at the very end of the first half, he and Levens averaged a laughable 1.53 yds/carry.  Outside of his interceptions (one turnover is almost inevitable against NE), McNabb did relatively well, IMO.

687522[/snapback]

Thanks for giving Delhomme props. :D

To be honest, I thought McNabb just plain looked bad. There's really no other way for me to put it, at least from what I saw. There was an int where as McNabb was walking off the field, he was patting his chest saying "it was me". And no it wasn't the one in the that was reversed followed right away with another that stood. I saw a lot of McNabbs throws where the balls either hit the dirt before getting to the WR's, or sailed over their heads.

On their last scoring drive, when down by 10, the Eagles Center (Hanley?) was calling everyone up to the line for the quick snap, but McNabb stopped them and brought them back for a full huddle. And he did the full huddle for EVERY play in that drive.

What was that all about?

Their freakin' Center had a better handle on clock management than their QB?

I don't know if it was nerves or what, but McNabb really looked off in all phases of his game to me. From reading the defense, to throwing the ball accurately, to clock management.

Sure N.E.'s D is great, but that doesn't excuse all of the goofs and gaffs by McNabb, that I saw.

Props to NE for having McNabb pressured all game long...he never really looked like he settled into the pocket...I kept hoping for ONE scramble to maybe help keep the Def Honest to give him more time in the pocket...I also expected some controlled roll outs :D ...put the blame on Dmac and Andy that is firmly where it belongs...but also give props to the NE Def for causing the pressure(they seemed more like the philly def then the philly def did)

687593[/snapback]

Agree 100%. The Eagles' offensive coordinator may find himself out of a job. It is shocking to me that McNabb didn't scramble more or rollout to buy some time to throw. Memo to the current Eagles offensive coordinator: There is this little thing called no-huddle/two minute/hurry-up offense that teams use when they want to score in a hurry toward the end a game. Give it a try next time.

The Eagles also need some new receivers. F. Mitchell is a joke. Pinkston looks a career No. 3 WR at best.

Edited by Wolverines Fan

I disagree that McNabb "sucked."  Along with those 3 picks, he threw 3 TDs, 357 yds, and had a respectable 59% completion percentage.  That's not bad, considering the defense that he was facing.  How many QBs have actually had good games against NE in the playoffs?  Jake Delhomme is the only one that I can think of.  Also, Philly couldn't run the ball for crap, which put even more pressure on McNabb (51 passing attempts).  If you discount Westbrook's "trick" run at the very end of the first half, he and Levens averaged a laughable 1.53 yds/carry.  Outside of his interceptions (one turnover is almost inevitable against NE), McNabb did relatively well, IMO.

687522[/snapback]

How can u not say McNabb sucked?! His receivers made him look spectacular in the stat line (other than the picks). How many balls did Pinkston leave his feet to catch. Westbrook caught at least 1 catch behind his back and several at his ankles. He threw 3 quality, professional QB, pro-bowl QB passes and remarkably enought they all went for TDs!!! He stunk physically and mentally. The few times that he had a few seconds to look around, thats all he did. He didn't run at all. They needed to score twice in less than 5 minutes. He throws 2 and 3 yard dumps IN THE MIDDLE OF THE FIELD!!!! Then inside the 5 yard line at the end, he scrambles for his life towards the sideline and dumps the ball back to the line of scrimmage IN THE MIDDLE OF THE FIELD!!!!!!! The sad part is that Westbrook actually caught the *** thing.

Totally Overrated!!!!!!!! :D

McNabb= The Anti Favre

688143[/snapback]

While I'll admit that Favre is a better quarterback than McNabb (dry heaves about saying something positive about a cheese monkey), Favre has ended at least two or three Packer playoff runs with an interception-fest.

He looked like the 2003 form when he was bouncing passes to his WRs.

On another note, if I saw their little chart on ESPN and read it correctly, it seems New England is averaging 2 INTs off opposing QBs in the Postseason.

Edited by WaterMan