[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Andy Reid

NSab

I nominate Andy Reid for CHOKE artist of the year. He has instilled this morman attitude in McNabb. He was again made terrible decisions in the most important game of his life. :D

I nominate Andy Reid for CHOKE artist of the year. He has instilled this morman attitude in McNabb. He was again made terrible decisions in the most important game of his life. :D

687461[/snapback]

He is a terrible coach in big games.I give the Eagles credit because they are talented and have heart but I dont think you will ever get to the promiseland with him at the helm.I said it in one of the other threads and Ill say it again that drive that started with 5:40 was absolutely unbelievable to me.I really couldnt believe my eyes down 10 and Huddling up.The Pats couldve been had yesterday.Reid is awful.If your happy being the best in weak NFC then he is your man but the way Dungy always gets the team to the altar is the same as Reid.

Edited by whomper

Andy Reid has done a great job OVERALL in building this team, evaluating talent, etc. etc.

His short fall has been "gameday coaching" from time to time.

It's ironic because it is his methodical, calcualted, approach that has made The Eagles what they are today. Reid has his system of beliefs and prodecures, etc. in place throught the organization and relies on that system for everything they do and he does not waver from it ever. It's his way or the highway period.

but this systematic methodology is also the reason they lost the Super Bowl last night IMO.

Andy Reid has done a great job OVERALL in building this team, evaluating talent, etc. etc.

His short fall has been "gameday coaching" from time to time.

It's ironic because it is his methodical, calcualted, approach that has made The Eagles what they are today. Reid has his system of beliefs and prodecures, etc. in place throught the organization and relies on that system for everything they do and he does not waver from it ever. It's his way or the highway period.

but this systematic methodology is also the reason they lost the Super Bowl last night IMO.

687504[/snapback]

Yep, he choked :D

maybe the team decides to make him FULL TIME GM and he says he wants to be a Full time GM and brings in another coach??

Who would we want as a coach if Reid became the Full TIme GM??

687624[/snapback]

Belichick :D

maybe the team decides to make him FULL TIME GM and he says he wants to be a Full time GM and brings in another coach??

Who would we want as a coach if Reid became the Full TIme GM??

687624[/snapback]

You guys can't give Reid the boot now.

Barring injuries, the Eagles will be back in the Superbowl next year and probably 2 of the next 3 years.

Hopefully, they'll lose one of those games to the Jets.

(Did I say that outloud?) :D

You guys can't give Reid the boot now.

Barring injuries, the Eagles will be back in the Superbowl next year and probably 2 of the next 3 years.

Hopefully, they'll lose one of those games to the Jets.

(Did I say that outloud?)  :D

687635[/snapback]

not saying he should get the boot was just throwing a scenario out there is all

not saying he should get the boot was just throwing a scenario out there is all

687640[/snapback]

IF that ever happened (and I don't think it would)...I'd have to assume Reid would look within his own house for an heir. So, I'd have to say Jim Johnson would be your head coach.

I'm interested to know if Philly fans would like that.

IF that ever happened (and I don't think it would)...I'd have to assume Reid would look within his own house for an heir.  So, I'd have to say Jim Johnson would be your head coach.

I'm interested to know if Philly fans would like that.

687647[/snapback]

No I wouldnt like it...I like JJ as a DEF Coord but I dont think I would want him as my head coach...now I could be wrong since he does know how to get that def fired up more often then not...maybe he has the type of killer instinct that they need on offense but if it stayed in house it would probably be Brad Childress imo

Maybe andy can hire the walruss to work for him if/when he gets fired in seatle :D

:D

Is there some danger that Reid will eat himself into oblivion now though? Honestly, I was shocked when I saw him this week. I know he's always been a big guy, but he's a really, really big guy now. :D

687644[/snapback]

I've wondered the same thing about Charlie Weiss. :D

Some of the offensive play calling was offensive.

When my fantasy football buddies and I talk about coaches who manage games poorly, we usually are talking about Reid, Martz, and Tice.

Edited by Chargerz

Geez! Choke? I don't know about that. I tend to agree with Az above -- it appears that McNabb had an off day against a team that was just a bit better than Philly. McNabb was awful for the entire game. Reid was off for the last portion of the 4th quarter. We'll take Reid in HOU and be happy about it!

Maybe those that boo-ed McNabb at the draft were right all along? :D Okay, maybe not.

Edited by rhino

Geez!  Choke?  I don't know about that.  I tend to agree with Az above -- it appears that McNabb had an off day against a team that was just a bit better than Philly.  McNabb was awful for the entire game.  Reid was off for the last portion of the 4th quarter.  We'll take Reid in HOU and be happy about it!

Maybe those that boo-ed McNabb at the draft were right all along?  :D  Okay, maybe not.

688584[/snapback]

:D

When my fantasy football buddies and I talk about coaches who manage games poorly, we usually are talking about Reid, Martz, and Tice.

688570[/snapback]

Please remember to include Herm Edwards as a horrible game day coach. Thank you very much.

Now we may find out that once again , Andy is going to take the heat all on his shoulders. I may have to remove my own foot from my mouth.

688570[/snapback]

Please remember to include Herm Edwards as a horrible game day coach. Thank you very much.

688749[/snapback]

Let's not also forget Holmgren.

688868[/snapback]

Don't forget Cowher.  He could teach classes on how to manage the clock poorly.

688872[/snapback]

Oh, yeah, them too.