[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Biggest Off Season Moves...

DawgTalk

In the 2004 off season, the eagles where all about adding some big names to their roster (Kearse, Owens, etc.), who will be "THE" team that does it this year.

I know the dolphins are looking at the Edge coming back to the state of Florida, but lets face it, they are gonna need a lot more than that.

As much as I dont want to say this, I think the Ravens will go hard once again for a push to the big game after they win the AFC North. With a star WR in Moss, all Boller has to do is "air" it up. With a flat draft, a 21st pick can get them some kind of talent...not to mention whatever other moves newsome can create.

With aquiring moss, I will hate the ravens even more...

Well we know that the Patriots won't be making any moves.

The Dolphins need more than Edge.

Who knows if Moss will get traded, he has a huge cap # I think.

It seems like there could be some decent RB movement though. Alexander is a FA, Lamont Jordan is wasting years waiting for Curtis. If I'm not mistaken I think Rudi Johnson may be a FA to.

If and when Randy Moss gets traded, then I'd venture to say that whoever acquires him will have made the biggest off-season move, provided that he goes to a contender or near-contender (I agree with your take on Miami - while acquiring Edge is a huge move, it's not nearly enough to turn them into a contender, and therefore cannot count as the biggest move).

Randy Moss would look nice in green...

If they are cap strapped they may need to just rebuild that whole team like the Ravens did when they blew up thier cap. I think they are far from contention at this point anyway.

689149[/snapback]

1) Trade Surtain

2) Cut Boston

3) Cut SuperJay

4) Cut Seau

...that would be just the beginning in my mind...

Heck, I would trade Madison if I could too...

Both Edge and Rudi said they would sit out a year if franchised and not offered long term contracts. Seattle cannot franchise both Jones and Alexander so it is possible that either one of them could be FA if not offered contracts.

Pats will try to get Ty Law to resign at a lower salary or he could be a FA, they already proved they can win without him.

John Clayton said today that Warner will be in Chicago and Bledsoe at Dallas with Henson going bye-bye.

So it could be quite a few.

Edited by SLAYER

Well we know that the Patriots won't be making any moves.

The Dolphins need more than Edge.

Who knows if Moss will get traded, he has a huge cap # I think.

It seems like there could be some decent RB movement though. Alexander is a FA, Lamont Jordan is wasting years waiting for Curtis. If I'm not mistaken I think Rudi Johnson may be a FA to.

689113[/snapback]

From what I've read, Moss' cap number for the next four years goes from $8.75M to $11.5M. If he's traded, his new team can convert a lot of that money into a bonus, greatly reducing his cap number.

I could see the Giants making some big moves. Coughlin's second year - coming off a bad season. Alot of the players don't like him, and he doesn't like them. He'll want to clean some house and bring in his own guys. He'll probably make an example of at least one high-profile player and trade them. Maybe Strahan. He'll try to bring in a big WR for Manning to throw to. Maybe Moss.

As a Denver fan, Shanny does dumb things during the season, but to his credit he always manages to get in some big named talent to help out. It hasn't worked in the past, but I expect he will have at least one big signing that will get the fans worked up again this year.

John Clayton said today that Warner will be in Chicago and Bledsoe at Dallas with Henson going bye-bye.

689189[/snapback]

that is interesting. he must really s**k for them to give up on him already. i mean, he only played one half of football last year and is still young

Miami is cap strapped.

689142[/snapback]

Yep. But nobody is mentioning this much. The Dolphins don't have the cap space to sign Edge to a long term deal.

Both Edge and Rudi said they would sit out a year if franchised and not offered long term contracts.

689189[/snapback]

That's news to me. Where did you get that info on Edge? He has not made any such comments:

James will become an unrestricted free agent March 2 if the Colts don't re-sign him to a long-term contract or designate him their "franchise player."

A spokesman for James on [Feb 2] said James "is on vacation and won't be available until after the Pro Bowl" on Feb. 13.

Edited by CaptainHook

Well, Dom Capers has gone on record to say that HOU won't be looking to improve thru FA, but to continue to build thru the draft. However, Walter Jones from SEA, John Abrahams from NYJ, and Lamont Jordan from NYJ are all on the HOU radar screen. I don't understand the Lamont Jordan thing there, but that's what I've heard.

If RMoss leaves MIN, any chance he's re-united (and it feels so good!) with Denny Green in ARZ? That would be one fine stable of WRs. Just think, RMoss could groom Fitzgerald and the others! Okay, not a good idea.