[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Homers....

Duchess Jack

It's probably easier for me to list the Jets I would NOT trade - everyone else is fair game as far as I'm concerned:

Jonathan Vilma

Dwayne Robertson

Shaun Ellis

Kevin Mawae

Chad Pennington

Curtis Martin

I'd like to see them get someting for John Abraham if they could. I like the guy and I'm not one of those fans who's ticked off at him for not playing in the two playoff games, but I think Bryan Thomas is a very servicable replacement and comes with a much lower price tag. So, if they could get a WR who's a legitimate threat, I'd trade Abraham in a heartbeat.

Trade Arrington for 2 decent O-Linemen...

They can take Gardner as well.

689632[/snapback]

We had him - and don't want him back.

That guy is an 'a' hole. An amazing d-lineman when he is not hurt, but his BS is not worth his healthy two weeks a year.

Bears: take anyone. OK maybe stick with Urlacher. And Harris. And OK, when healthy, the secondary is decent (but not untouchable, trade-wise). Anyone else, take 'em (cough, Grossman).

Chargers: Do not touch LT, Gates, Brees (screw Rivers). I'd like Neal to stay. I think Jammer's best years are ahead of him. Keep him. Edwards, for sure. Keep him. Everyone else is fair game.

Edited by darin3

michael bennett or onterrio smith....... or mewelde moore for that matter.

the vikes don't need all 3.

689656[/snapback]

If he can stay clean, I think Onterrio is the best of the bunch.

Is that the opinion among Viking fans?

A legitimate deep WR or a possesion guy?  No need for a deep threat WR when CP can't throw the deep ball very effectively.

689722[/snapback]

I think McCareins is good enough to be a very effective posession reciever, so they need a deep threat.

If Chad can't throw the ball deep, this franchise is in serious trouble for the next seven years. I'm hoping his rotator cuff surgery is successful and that is the answer to the problem he clearly had the last few weeks of the season.

Actually after considering it further, I think Santana Moss can be enough of a deep threat if he can stay healthy. What they really need is a tight end who is a serious recieving threat.

What's Antonio Gates' contract situation?

Plaxico Burress..... I went back and watched the AFC Championship game... It does not help being tall if you don't know how to jump. The midget covering him kept jumping up and swating down those balls. And then Burress has the nads to come out and say he is not involved enough... :D

Pittsburgh needs a tall, fast receiver, but we need one that can make the catches they are paid to catch :D

If he can stay clean, I think Onterrio is the best of the bunch.

Is that the opinion among Viking fans?

689719[/snapback]

It is for this one.

I sure wouldn't shed a tear to see Bennett traded away. If we can get $50, a bottle of Boones Farm, and a hooker for him, I think we'd be doing well.

Chargers:  Do not touch LT, Gates, Brees (screw Rivers).  I'd like Neal to stay.  I think Jammer's best years are ahead of him.  Keep him.  Edwards, for sure.  Keep him.  Everyone else is fair game.

689683[/snapback]

Yeah, especially Tim Dwight!! Nice guy, but trade him already!!!

Trade Arrington for 2 decent O-Linemen...

They can take Gardner as well.

689632[/snapback]

We had him - and don't want him back. 

That guy is an 'a' hole.  An amazing d-lineman when he is not hurt, but his BS is not worth his healthy two weeks a year.

689650[/snapback]

DJ, Selly is talking about Rod Gardner not Daryl Gardner. The redskins releases D Gardner a couple seasons ago and he went ot Denver where he and Shanahan got inot it, he got hurt and I think there may be some sort of litigation going on now.

NEVER TRADE: Hines Ward, Ben Roethlisberger, Hines Ward, Alan Faneca,

Aaron Smith, James Farrior, Troy Polamalu, Casey Hampton

TRADE: Plaxico Burress, Kendrell Bell (Both are free agents, but if they stay)

Jeff Hartings (Great player, but up in age and Okobi could fill in well, but

don't read into it, only due to age, I love Hartings)

Chad Scott (If you could get anything for hm at this point in his career)

Kimo Von Oelhoffen (Solid, but getting up in age)

Joey Porter (Phenomenal OLB, but he would bring in good value and

I think James Harrison could fill the void nicely)

I wouldn't mind seeing the Chiefs trade Priest or Gonzalez at this point to get some immediate defensive help.

For the Priest situation, he goes to a team that is an RB away from a deep playoff run. With Larry Johnson emerging, and with that offensive line, I'd feel comfortable going into next season with Johnson.

As for Gonzalez, the Chiefs drafted Kris Wilson for a reason. I believe he will fill SOME of the holes of Gonzalez. Obviously time will tell what his real value is, but losing Gonzo to obtain some defensive help would be ok with me.

As for who is out there, I don't know. I haven't had time to analyze the best combinations. Chiefs needs are linebackers and secondary help, specifically a middle linebacker and a good shut down corner.

Plaxico Burress.....  I went back and watched the AFC Championship game...  It does not help being tall if you don't know how to jump.  The midget covering him kept jumping up and swating down those balls.  And then Burress has the nads to come out and say he is not involved enough...  :D

Pittsburgh needs a tall, fast receiver, but we need one that can make the catches they are paid to catch :D

689766[/snapback]

Agreed. Let plax go, get a tall fast wr with the 2nd round pick this year ... or change directions a bit and sign Hoosyerdaddy from Cincy if he's affordable ...

DJ, Selly is talking about Rod Gardner not Daryl Gardner. The redskins releases D Gardner a couple seasons ago and he went ot Denver where he and Shanahan got inot it, he got hurt and I think there may be some sort of litigation going on now.

689914[/snapback]

ooooohhh, yeah. I remember now. Hmph, go figure - Gardner goes to Denver and here I remain, *** in hand and skins friend's sister's kitchen on fire.

I wouldn't mind seeing the Chiefs trade Priest or Gonzalez at this point to get some immediate defensive help.

For the Priest situation, he goes to a team that is an RB away from a deep playoff run.  With Larry Johnson emerging, and with that offensive line, I'd feel comfortable going into next season with Johnson.

As for Gonzalez, the Chiefs drafted Kris Wilson for a reason. I believe he will fill SOME of the holes of Gonzalez. Obviously time will tell what his real value is, but losing Gonzo to obtain some defensive help would be ok with me.

As for who is out there, I don't know. I haven't had time to analyze the best combinations. Chiefs needs are linebackers and secondary help, specifically a middle linebacker and a good shut down corner.

689930[/snapback]

okay, I'll agree with your last statement 100%, but I don't agree with trading the best TE in the game. They drafted Wilson essentially to create matchup problems for the defense for both Gonzo and him and I think it would have worked to perfection had he not broke his leg. I want gonzo to stay a Chief for life! I'm skeptical about trading Priest, but could go along with it for one of if not the best MLB in the NFL, otherwise I balk at any of that noise.