[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Early Prediction for 2005 / 2006 SB

chiefjay

No, I am not an Eagles Homer, I follow the lowly Lions (that probably clouds my football judgment right there?).

With another playoff year under their belts and getting some valuable experience in the Super Bowl, I think the Eagles have to be an early favorite for next years Bowl in Detroit, probably about even with the Pats who lose their top two assistants.

As with any team, as long as they remain healthy and maybe get another Running back to replace Dorsey, I could see the Receivers developing behind TO, Mitchell and the other guy, who I can't remember at the moment. Pinkston will probably still be there as a solid 3rd or 4th receiver. LJ Smith will only get better and that Defense should not be any worse, although I don't remember seeing Dawkins too much in the bowl, not sure what was up with that.

Anyways, to sum it up, I am predicting a SB Victory for the Eaglets next year.

Heck, McNabb will know better then to eat too much Chunky Vegetable Beef before a big game like that.

Ok, now rip away at this thread.

CJ

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Another year for the Owens-McNabb connection to develop would be nice. As we all know FA Wides ususally suck their first year on a new team. I agree. The sky is the limit for McNabb.

Do they test for valume?

((edited to say, that is not how you spell valume, is it? - so much for the money I spent on the leapfrog twist-and-spell last year))

Edited by Duchess Jack

Another year for the Owens-McNabb connection to develop would be nice.  As we all know FA Wides ususally suck their first year on a new team.  I agree.  The sky is the limit for McNabb.

Do they test for valume?

((edited to say, that is not how you spell valume, is it? - so much for the money I spent on the leapfrog twist-and-spell last year))

690682[/snapback]

Valium?

The McNabb-Owens connection will be solid again next year. Greg Lewis will be an underrated 3rd or 4th wideout in large fantasy leagues. Mitchell will continue to be a big-mouth possession guy... and Pinkston could prove valuable if he rids himself of the dropsies. Defense will remain solid. I could conceivably see the Eagles and the (gasp) Patriots in the Super Bowl next year.

Edit: I seriously had a Freudian slip there; meant to say "(gasp) Colts..." :D

Edited by darin3

I highly doubt Mitchell (and maybe even Pinkston) will be back next year. Greg Lewis looks like he could be a nice number 3. I think WR is on area where they will be looking for a little more help in the offseason.

And yes, I'll put my money on the Eagles representing the NFC again next year.

I like Kansas City next year for these reasons:

1. They are pissed and embarrassed by their showing this year. They will come to camp with some attitude and a chip on their shoulders.

2. Vermeil and Peterson are in the last years of their contracts. They will want to go out with a bang. I see Peterson being VERY active in the free agent market, specifically on defense.

3. Offense is still in good shape. I believe everyone is still under contract except Blaylock, and the emergence of Larry Johnson adds some comfort to the RB position.

Another year for the Owens-McNabb connection to develop would be nice.  As we all know FA Wides ususally suck their first year on a new team.  I agree.  The sky is the limit for McNabb.

Do they test for valume?

690682[/snapback]

Yes, one point I did fail to mention was the NFC still not being that good next year, better, but not much better.

The key is to win it all and I think DM will finish his maturation process and win it all.

I think Brady will dump his girlfriend and start dating Tara Reid again. She is the key to the Pats downfall.

I like Kansas City next year for these reasons:

1. They are pissed and embarrassed by their showing this year. They will come to camp with some attitude and a chip on their shoulders.

Weren't they pissed the year before after the early exit from the playoffs? And teh year before that? Why is this year any different?

2. Vermeil and Peterson are in the last years of their contracts. They will want to go out with a bang. I see Peterson being VERY active in the free agent market, specifically on defense.

And I'm sure Gibbs didn't want to come back with a whimper, and he had Snyder bucks goin for him. If the players don't play, coaching doesn't matter.

3. Offense is still in good shape. I believe everyone is still under contract except Blaylock, and the emergence of Larry Johnson adds some comfort to the RB position.

This Offense is always great, I'll give ya that though.

Phillys a safe pick from the Nfc, I personally think it will be Carolina.

Carolina was just short of making it last year,(playoff) and had a ton of injurys.

Now before you think Im a Carolina Homer, Im not. I have the luxury of being

a Lions Fan.

I would not be suprised with a repeat, The birds out of the NFC, The Pats if the coaching changes go smoothly.

Weren't they pissed the year before after the early exit from the playoffs? And teh year before that? Why is this year any different?

Yes and no. I think they figured they were defensive coordinator away from getting over the hump. Obviously that was wrong, and we had a feeling here in KC as fans that not upgrading the defensive personnel was going to haunt them.

And I'm sure Gibbs didn't want to come back with a whimper, and he had Snyder bucks goin for him. If the players don't play, coaching doesn't matter.

This is a total apples and oranges situation.  With Peterson in his last year of his contract, I could see him going for broke in terms of mortgaging the teams salary cap future to win it NOW. It's either win or bust at this point. If he wins, he retires with Vermeil and everyone is happy. If he loses, he retires and leaves the salary cap and coaching mess to someone else to clean up.

690750[/snapback]

Edited by Chief Dick

Phillys a safe pick from the Nfc, I personally think it will be Carolina.

Carolina was just short of making it last year,(playoff) and had a ton of injurys.

Now before you think Im a Carolina Homer, Im not. I have the luxury of being

a Lions Fan.

690756[/snapback]

Carolina could definitely jump up and suprise people. One full year after a total overhaul of the o-line will help tremendously, getting Steve Smith back and Colbert getting through his rookie year will be a big plus. This team has a lot of talent. The only issues I see is a reliable RB and CB needs some upgrading.

I like the Dolphins to upset the 49ers in Super Bowl XL  :D

690989[/snapback]

First the Dolphins would have to upset the entire AFC, and the Niners would have to upset the entire NFC.

Good call, i like it :D

I too believe that Carolina has a great shot to making it to the Super Bowl. Representing the AFC will be the Ravens and Randy Moss....cant inlcude him yet for two reasons, hes not there and hes an individual player and not part of a team anyways...

Unfortunately for Caroline they have to play the Falcons twice per year and the Falcons have absolutely OWNED the Panthers, ever since they came into existence.

Even a coupla' years ago when the Panthers made the Superbowl they split their season series with the Falcons. Winning one game when not facing Vick and losing the one where they had to face Vick.

I think with another year in the WCO for Vick, another year at the WR Pro level for Jenkins and another year with Mora Jr and his staff coaching, the Falcons seem to be a likely pick to represent the NFC in the Superbowl.

I saw the odds for winning the SB in USA Today and Miami was 1 million to 1.. We were in Vegas 2 years ago and they were 8-1.. RICKY made THAT much difference????? Amazing.. :bigshock:

691302[/snapback]

If the Dolphins acquire either Alexander or Edge and get a real QB, I'd put a dollar on them. They have a good enough defense to get them to the Super Bowl.