[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Tedy Bruschi hosptalized...

Dr. Rock

Seemed to me that the media sites were actually downplaying what actually happened in the beginning.

There a two types of strokes, either thrombic or hemorrhagic. Thrombic are from clots becoming lodged in a blood vessel in the brain, and hemorrhagic are from a burst blood vessel that causes bleeding either on the surface of the brain or in the ventricles of the brain itself. Tedy obviously had himself a hemorrhagic stroke.

The determining factor for Bruschi will be if there are any lasting deficits from the bleed itself. These would include visual impairments, lack of motor response, and whether or not he is willing to take the risk of having another stroke.

I would say hang it up for health and family sake, he's a class act and always has been. :D

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

First, let me say...

Big Score you are a complete moron...and I've never called anybody anything on this board before--not even Spain or Ryan... :D

703594[/snapback]

To begin with, don't get me wrong, I sincerely hope Bruschi makes a complete and full recovery from the stroke, whatever the cause. I wouldn't wish a stroke, mild or otherwise, upon anybody. I've seen first hand what the debilitating effects of a stroke can be, as suffered by a loved one in my family.

Now with that put to bed, if he did take 'roids, it doesn't make him any less of a person. It doesn't mean that his involvment in his local community is now somehow tainted. It doesn't mean that his worth to the team was / is any less. It doesn't mean he's any less of a Father or Husband. It does mean he made a mistake. I honestly don't know if he ever took 'roids or not, probably just like every other member on this board has no idea whether he has taken 'roids or not. But looking at him, I've got my suspicions. If it turns out that the stroke Bruschi has suffered was in anyway facilitated, or caused by 'roids, then I stand by my statement. He shouldn't have taken them.

And that's an absolute NO DUH! in my opinion.

For those who say or think otherwise, shame on you for condoning the use of 'roids. :D

Edited by Big Score 1

For those who say or think otherwise, shame on you for condoning the use of 'roids. :D

703759[/snapback]

I don't think that's why people are taking issue with what you said. It was straight up insensitive and just a dick thing to say. If someone suffers a serious injury or health setback, why would you feel compelled to jump in and say "he/she deserved it," which is basically what you did? You can think it all you like, but what's the point in saying it? It's tasteless.

If someone suffers a serious injury or health setback, why would you feel compelled to jump in and say "he/she deserved it," which is basically what you did?  You can think it all you like, but what's the point in saying it?  It's tasteless.

703781[/snapback]

Uhhhh.....excuse me, but I most certainly did not say he/she deserved it....basically or otherwise. Apparently that's how some have interpted it though.

And I still believe my initial statement to be accurrate. If Bruschi's stroke had anything to do with him taking 'roids, he shouldn't have done them. To say or think otherwise is just plain asinine.

Uhhhh.....excuse me, but I most certainly did not say he/she deserved it....basically or otherwise. Apparently that's how some have interpted it though.

And I still believe my initial statement to be accurrate. If Bruschi's stroke had anything to do with him taking 'roids, he shouldn't have done them. To say or think otherwise is just plain asinine.

703804[/snapback]

Dude - you said he shouldn't have roided which, along with your later statements, clearly implied that you think the stroke was caused by roid use (which is a great conclusion in and of itself). You may not have used the phrase "deserved it" but what you said had the same implication - Bruschi did roids and had a stroke - oh well. Deserved it/he shoulda known better/what did he expect - it's all the same . . . just a pointless and insensitive thing to say.

I don't think anyone ever said otherwise w/r/t your second statement.

You may not have used the phrase "deserved it" but what you said had the same implication - Bruschi did roids and had a stroke - oh well.  Deserved it/he shoulda known better/what did he expect - it's all the same . . . just a pointless and insensitive thing to say. 

703821[/snapback]

It was a real simple and to the point statement. When I look at Bruschi, he looks like a 'roider to me. If he got the stroke because of abusing 'roids, he shouldn't have taken them.

I'd say that's pretty clear cut and to the point, wouldn't you?

But there was no....oh well....to it, no double top secret implication or hidden meanings. If some decided to read more into my statement and run with it, what can I say?

Sorry if it wasn't written PC enough.

I agree that the thought crossed my mind about steroids also. If the stories are true about the rampant use of steroids in baseball then you know they use them in football. A sport that would be even more attractive to use them than baseball. I mean look at the size of the athlete compared to 20 or even 10 years ago. The athletes are getting bigger, faster, stronger, quicker than ever.

Perhaps these are the causes for all the injuries. Who knows it's all speculation but to totally dismiss the idea just because someone is a "good guy" is just being in denial.

I think any pro athlete in this day and age of supplements, masking agents and steroids that haven't been banned yet are suspect. I wouldn't be surprised by anyone who would be caught using them. I mean if you had the chance to be a millionaire athlete, idolized by millions of fans and you could make that happen by taking steroids would you do it? Then if you think of the consequences who wouldn't do it.

Jason Giambi is still getting his 12 million or whatever he is making this year, Jose Canseco is still the MVP from 1988 and is getting paid from selling his story that he did use steroids openly in front of his manager Tony Larussa.

I guess this is why everything is so sensationalized in the media because when someone finally gets caught doing something illegal the naive majority are in shock that he or she could do such a thing. I mean he was such a good guy............

For the sake of his family, I hope he hangs up his cleats. Can you imagine him having something like that happen during the course of a game? :D That would be just horrible. He's had 9 seasons, so I'm thinking he was going to be finishing up soon anyhow. In this case, I truly think it's better safe than sorry. Yes, I know it could happen again anyhow, but why put yourself in a position to increase your risk?

I wonder if he could transition to coaching?