[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

2004 draft

Guest Sores

Hindsight is 20/20 who knew Brees was going to have a year like he did.No matter how good a player is in college you simply dont know how they are going to make the crossover to the NFL.(See Ryan Leaf)

And I think Roethleshamburger is still "iffy",  he got progressivley worse as the season went on until full melt down in his final 2 games.

Wait until next year before he is crowned king of the 2004 draft.

706053[/snapback]

very true

No they're not. They're interesting.

706202[/snapback]

I guess we'll have to disagree. I think sitting back in hindsight and talking about what could of been is kind of silly. Most teams address glaring holes at the time not ones that arise during the season. Telling the Raiders to take Roethelsburger with the second pick sounds great but then they never would have addressed their glairing need of a LT in Robert Gallery. So then who now blocks for big Ben? Well, we could then play they should of.. could of... to address that problem too. Which to me seems kind of tedious and silly :D

edit to add: BTW, don't pay any attention to me I'm just grumpy because I haven't eaten any carbs for a month now. Even worse a beer in that time too. :D

Edited by Vote Quimby2

I guess we'll have to disagree.

706399[/snapback]

The reason I find them interesting, vice worthless, is because it is always interesting to read someones take on what could/should have been when the event was taking place. I don't read them for data.... I read them for entertainment.

The hindsight articles about who took what when are almost always funny and most of the time downright idiotic when compared to what the person was saying before and during the draft about the players and who should take them when.

The articles I look for, and seldom see, are the ones that compare what was said before the draft and what actually happened with those players. I think one would find that all those draft experts out there don't know anything special and are just as in the dark as the great unwashed out there. Only difference between them and us... they get paid.

The articles I look for, and seldom see, are the ones that compare what was said before the draft and what actually happened with those players. I think one would find that all those draft experts out there don't know anything special and are just as in the dark as the great unwashed out there. Only difference between them and us... they get paid.

706424[/snapback]

Actually, I'd like to see an article like that too.