[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

NFL Salary Caps

Rovers

http://www.askthecommish.com/salarycap/numbers.asp

Some very interesting stuff there. I had heard that the Tiatans might relaese S. Rolle and D. Mason, now I understand why. Tennessee is in absolutley awful shape. It looks like the Seahawks can keep both Hasselback and Alexander, IF they want to, and still have plenty of room under the cap.

I figured the Jets would be in terrible shape with the non exclusive franchise tag on Abraham, but not so, they still have room for at least some signings. The Vikings have HUGH cap space, will this new owner use it? It's hard to figure out why the Giants don't have more room.... Warner is costing them some, but he's costing the Rams much more. I dont think the Giants have the space to get the good WR they need so much, good thing O linemen are cheap compared to the other positions, but....

The other thread about the NFL.com article on FF preparation made me want to take a look at what teams might have the room to do something. I think the Bengals did Rudi a favor with the franchise tag.... with all the RB's that will be out there, some of them might be had cheap. In fact, after looking this over, I would not be shocked to see Jordan remain a Jet, if they pay him.

I had seen these numbers before, but it IS interesting to see what bad shape some teams are in. I'm proud to say that even after slapping Brees with the franchise tag, the Bolts have $16.5 million more to apply to free agents and rookie signings. That A.J. Smith is a sly old fox!

I had seen these numbers before, but it IS interesting to see what bad shape some teams are in. I'm proud to say that even after slapping Brees with the franchise tag, the Bolts have $16.5 million more to apply to free agents and rookie signings. That A.J. Smith is a sly old fox!

705335[/snapback]

A.J. Smith is the best thing that's happened to your team since Kellen Winslow.

Chicago Bears

$16.507 M

The Bears are in outstanding cap shape -- and may be able to clear up even more space with some cuts here and there. With that said, we see them as a team willing to make a number of minor moves -- but unwilling to get in on high ticket bidding wars.

Outstanding cap shape......but still as tight-fisted as ever.

:D We want a game breaker!

Green Bay at $3 million over bodes ill for the coming year. Certainly cutting there are moves that can and will be made, but they're gonna have to drop some coin to shore up that defense, and the cap situation precludes everything except either a total rebuilding or the status quo.

And look at who's WAY over - Miami? Tampa? Oakland? KC? Tennesse?

Apparently they could spend more wisely - I don't see a .500 record among them. At least Pitt and NE are only marginally over and in good shape in all facets of the game.

Tampa and Oakland will get room when they cut Brad Johnson and Gannon, respectively. miami is in worse shape, which is why I don't see them getting a back like Alexander. KC is in rough shape, and may not be able to signanyone good enough to help the defense again. Tennessee is a basket case. They have to clean house, or get penalized the way SF did for being over. Mason, Rolle, and others are as good as gone, but the Tiatans are so bad cap wise, they have thier OWN thread!

Chavez, it looks like the Pack will have to have at least one or two cap casualties.... any idea who?

705580[/snapback]

I know that G Mike Wahle and S Darren Sharper are two high-profile names on the list to re-negotiated; odds are Wahle is gone. OL is one of the areas where GB actually has decent depth, so much as I love Wahle as a player, that won't be too crushing a loss.

I know that G Mike Wahle and S Darren Sharper are two high-profile names on the list to re-negotiated; odds are Wahle is gone. OL is one of the areas where GB actually has decent depth, so much as I love Wahle as a player, that won't be too crushing a loss.

705604[/snapback]

How much more blown coverage, horrible missed tackles, and gross misplacement can the Pack suffer from Sharper before they cut the guy? Nearly every game, I watch him get burnt, miss tackles, take bad angles, and constantly get caught in the wrong position.

Lets not even digress to the 4th and 26th.

He has my vote for preferred #1 cap casualty.

How much more blown coverage, horrible missed tackles, and gross misplacement can the Pack suffer from Sharper before they cut the guy?  Nearly every game, I watch him get burnt, miss tackles, take bad angles, and constantly get caught in the wrong position. 

706200[/snapback]

Sherman has made some horrible signings. One good year for Sharper and they gave him the farm.

How much more blown coverage, horrible missed tackles, and gross misplacement can the Pack suffer from Sharper before they cut the guy?  Nearly every game, I watch him get burnt, miss tackles, take bad angles, and constantly get caught in the wrong position. 

706200[/snapback]

#2 has to go to Cleditus Hunt. and also why the pack need to draft Anttaj Hawthorne (DT-W) with their 2nd round pick if he is available like I have seen in some mock drafts.

I would also prefer to see them keep Wahle and let Rivera go just because Wahle is younger.

Houston Texans  $2.52 M

This one kind of surprised me.

706443[/snapback]

The Texans have a lot of young, high draft picks. They set themselves up to go with youth, develop it, and make thier 5 year plan work. One reason they are so close to the cap is they have great depth on that team now. They got so decimated on the O line a couple years ago, they decided to stockpile players. They have no FA plans this year at all, and that was a part of thier plan, building primarilly through the draft. Whether or not is works.....