[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Cowboys

whomper

What do you think Dallas will do with the two number 1s? 2 years ago the defense was pretty solid but seemed to fall apart last year.Im thinking 1 of those picks for a wr and 1 for a corner.I have a feeling we may see Bledsoe with the star on the helmet next year.He is a solid qb but not what I had in mind.any thoughts?

Edited by whomper

What do you think Dallas will do with the two number 1s? 2 years ago the defense was pretty solid but seemed to fall apart last year.Im thinking 1 of those picks for a wr and 1 for a corner.I have a feeling we may see Bledsoe with the star on the helmet next year.He is a solid qb but not what I had in mind.any thoughts?

705598[/snapback]

The only thing keeping it from being WR and CB is if it will be two defensive players. DAL still needs some help on the Defensive line and they may be going to a 3-4 this year so they might snap up a good LB/DE in the first.

The offense is pretty set other than WR and the standard OL every team wants. The defense should get most the attention in the draft other than a WR or two.

Dallas should reminisce about the Aikman/Irvin/Emmitt days because no SB titles are in the near future.

705639[/snapback]

You never know.With the parity in the NFL these days any team can get good fast.Look at the chargers.

Chargers have LT and Brees pulled a great season out of his ass. No QB on Dallas' current roster is capable of doing what Brees did - at least, not at this point in time. After a full season of starting, Henson or Romo might be able to make that step up.

Chargers have LT and Brees pulled a great season out of his ass. No QB on Dallas' current roster is capable of doing what Brees did - at least, not at this point in time. After a full season of starting, Henson or Romo might be able to make that step up.

705662[/snapback]

By no means is Jones LT but hes a good rb to build off of if he can stay healthy.A few good FA pick ups and draft picks and Dallas can be right back in the mix.Especially in the watered down NFC.

Just read this!

The Pioneer Press reports the latest WR Randy Moss trade rumor is that Dallas Cowboys HC Bill Parcells, who prides himself on handling difficult characters, will get into the sweepstakes for the controversial wide receiver along with Cowboys owner Jerry Jones. The Cowboys have two first-round draft selections, Nos. 11 and 20 overall, and decent defensive players, so the pieces are there.

A player that Parcells decides to ride has to have a very thick skin. Sometimes, he likes it when you face him down (Phil Simms), other times you're history (Bryant). I think it boils down to simply whether or not he likes a player on a personality basis. I don't care where Moss ends up, as long as it isn't with the Jets.

Sgt Ryan, that has to be the most well thought out draft/player/roster prediction I've ever seen! I agree, Parcells will get Bledsoe, and Rolle, not sure if they can land Mason though as well. The meshawn experiment did not work as well as some thought it would, and I'm not sure another aging WR is what the Dallas brass wants to go with. Parcells likes Bledsoe, he is a player tuna can ride, and Rolle, Parcells is still a D oriented guy, and that is a good fit, including the available cap room Dallas has.

Bring in Bledsoe to groom Henson.  I know thats not what he wants, but Vinny isnt the answer, and Bledsoes options may not be any better than Big D.  Sign Derrick Mason when he becomes a cap casualty of the Titans and shore up the Wr position.  Sign CB Samari Rolle to play opposite of Newman to shore up the CB position, unless Patrick Surtain somehow gets released, then throw a load of money at him to shore up the CB position.  Allow the young corners Dallas has like Pete Hunter to develop another yr or 2 playing nickel back and special teams. 

Draft DE Erasamus James with the 1st pick 1.11 and shore up the opposite DE spot on the other side of  Greg Ellis.  James was unblockable when he was healthy before the cheap shot block that made him look average in the Purdue game.

Move the 2nd 1st round pick, 1.20 to the Eagles for picks 1.31 and 2.31 so the Birds can land WR Mark Clayton to play opposite of Terrell Owens and cut Freddie Mitchell. The birds have pick 2.2 from the AJ Feely trade so they would love to trade essentially their late 2nd rounder to move up and snag Clayton.

With Pick 1.31 from the Eagles the Boys select Fla MLB Channing Crowder to Play MLB and move Dat outside, to weakside LB and allow Bradie James to develop as the SLB.  release Dexter Coakley.

With pick 2.11 draft DT Mike Patterson, and shore up the middle of that defensive line next to Laroi Glover, thsi gives Dallas 4 legitimate pass rushers and Patterson can keep guards and centers off Channings body to allow him to make plays behind them, something Glover has a hard time doing. 

With pick 2.31 from the Eagles, Dallas selects FS Brodney Pool who will become a top 5 FS in his first NFL game next August due to his Ed Reed like range and coverage ability.  This also allows Roy Williams to move to his natural SS position and help in run support.

Dallas doesnt have a 3rd round pick due to the Henson trade

Round 4, Dallas selects an OL, best available to eventually take over for Larry Allen.

Round 5 Dallas selects Darren Sproles to return punts and kickoffs and change of pace back behind Julius Jones.

no pick in Round 6

Round 7, Dallas Selects WR Taylor Stubblefield, to also play special teams and eventually become a Drew bennet type of WR.

If Dallas cant get Rolle in FA, then they move to pac-man jones with the 1st pick, Erasmus James with the 2nd and do not trade with teh Birds.  The rest of the draft stays the same, but Dallas loses Crowder or Pool and upgrade that position in RFA after the draft.

705671[/snapback]

Great Post

The best Cowboy teams have always been built thru the draft and that takes know how and patience. A JJ combined with an old Parcells who wants to win yesterday may not have what it takes.

705895[/snapback]

Very well put. Exactly what I was thinking.

The Cowboys won't touch a WR, as they usually take 2-3 seasons to come up-to-speed and Parcells wants to win now. With Parcells wanting to win now, I can see them looking entirely defense in the early rounds and looking to FA to upgrade the offense, if any moves are made on the side of the ball.

Bring in Bledsoe to groom Henson.  I know thats not what he wants, but Vinny isnt the answer, and Bledsoes options may not be any better than Big D.  Sign Derrick Mason when he becomes a cap casualty of the Titans and shore up the Wr position.  Sign CB Samari Rolle to play opposite of Newman to shore up the CB position, unless Patrick Surtain somehow gets released, then throw a load of money at him to shore up the CB position.  Allow the young corners Dallas has like Pete Hunter to develop another yr or 2 playing nickel back and special teams. 

Draft DE Erasamus James with the 1st pick 1.11 and shore up the opposite DE spot on the other side of  Greg Ellis.  James was unblockable when he was healthy before the cheap shot block that made him look average in the Purdue game.

Move the 2nd 1st round pick, 1.20 to the Eagles for picks 1.31 and 2.31 so the Birds can land WR Mark Clayton to play opposite of Terrell Owens and cut Freddie Mitchell. The birds have pick 2.2 from the AJ Feely trade so they would love to trade essentially their late 2nd rounder to move up and snag Clayton.

With Pick 1.31 from the Eagles the Boys select Fla MLB Channing Crowder to Play MLB and move Dat outside, to weakside LB and allow Bradie James to develop as the SLB.  release Dexter Coakley.

With pick 2.11 draft DT Mike Patterson, and shore up the middle of that defensive line next to Laroi Glover, thsi gives Dallas 4 legitimate pass rushers and Patterson can keep guards and centers off Channings body to allow him to make plays behind them, something Glover has a hard time doing. 

With pick 2.31 from the Eagles, Dallas selects FS Brodney Pool who will become a top 5 FS in his first NFL game next August due to his Ed Reed like range and coverage ability.  This also allows Roy Williams to move to his natural SS position and help in run support.

Dallas doesnt have a 3rd round pick due to the Henson trade

Round 4, Dallas selects an OL, best available to eventually take over for Larry Allen.

Round 5 Dallas selects Darren Sproles to return punts and kickoffs and change of pace back behind Julius Jones.

no pick in Round 6

Round 7, Dallas Selects WR Taylor Stubblefield, to also play special teams and eventually become a Drew bennet type of WR.

If Dallas cant get Rolle in FA, then they move to pac-man jones with the 1st pick, Erasmus James with the 2nd and do not trade with teh Birds.  The rest of the draft stays the same, but Dallas loses Crowder or Pool and upgrade that position in RFA after the draft.

705671[/snapback]

Next time put a little thought into your post. :D

Good post :D

B):D:D