[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Jerry Porter on the Moss signing. . .

CaptainHook

"We've got to check our egos, and the ball has to be distributed in a way to make everybody happy," said Porter, who re-signed with the team for five years and close to $20 million last week.

Would Jerry have re-signed if he knew Moss was coming?  Does he really think everybody is going to be happy?  They didn't trade for Moss to have him catch 75 balls, methinks. . .

718468[/snapback]

Exactly, "the ball has to be distributed in a way to make everybody happy," sounds like a reciepe for disaster to me. Moss and Porter both happy with their looks while on the same team? Good luck with that!

I skimmed right over it because I am not a believer in the Norv Turner offense.  I think they suck.  I've never seen an offense where you dump it off to the RB so much.  Very unimaginative.  I have never been a fan.  Thus I was not surprised WR had fared so poorly under his watch.  Moss will be the exception.  He is a super talent.

720350[/snapback]

Yeah, if you look at his offenses, the only times his WRs approached top-tier numbers, it was more because they were HoF caliber talents (yes, this means Henry Ellard) than because of anything he seemed to do. A second-tier WR doesn't seem to get coached up or have a consistent level of productivity under Turner.

That said, I figure Moss will get his yards, but I'm fairly curious as to whether his tds will suffer from "Turner-itis" and drop to under ten. Part of Moss' value is his ridiculous level of td production.