[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

More bad news for Seahawks?

Swampnuts

I had high hopes for the Seahawks before this last season, but their performance really let me down. I won't be hopping on their wagon anytime soon. At least thet were able to sign their big 3 free agents (Hasselbeck, Alexander, Jones). Things could be alot worse.

I was reading the link on Simmons, and then got even more depressed as I read todays Charlotte Observer.

Ken Lucas is in town today to talk with Panthers execs.

What next???  :D

719196[/snapback]

I heard it was official and the contract was signed. I'm not worried about the Squawks yet, though (or at least no more than I am every year since 1984) since there's still some free agents out there, and SUPPOSEDLY they brought in Taylor last year to give them depth at corner. I'd be more stressed if Okeafor left.

And god help us if they don't sign Alexander to a long-term....

:D

I really like Ken Lucas. He's steadily improved since he got the starting job, and has become a pretty good, well-rounded corner. That being said......THAT IS WAYYYYYYY TOOO MUCH MONEY for Ken Lucas!!! I actually think it was a pretty good move to let him go, see if we can't sign a young corner with some upside and hope for some production out of Bobby Taylor.----PS....Please tell me we spend his and Simmons money on Edgerton Hartwell!!!!

No way were the 'Hawks going to give Lucas 13mil in signing bonus money, let alone 36 mil for 6 years.

Bet they can get Law for a lot less. :D

720309[/snapback]

Agreed! Ken is a good CB, but the Hawks couldn't afford to overpay with all the free agents they need to sign. And according to an interview with Tim Ruskell this AM, the Hawks had an opportunity to top Carolina & chose not to.

While I think it's hard to overpay for a position of need, the Panthers overpaid for Lucas, just as the Hawks overpaid for Wistrom LY.

...the Panthers overpaid for Lucas, just as the Hawks overpaid for Wistrom LY.

720806[/snapback]

It's insane some of the money being thrown at players right now. As much as I would liked to have seen Lucas retained, there is no reason to throw that kind of money around. The 'Hawks made the right choice in not matching or bettering that Panther contract offer.

Now if Snyder and the 'Skins would only get the message on insane contracts for medium players.... and stupid signings. :D

It's insane some of the money being thrown at players right now. As much as I would liked to have seen Lucas retained, there is no reason to throw that kind of money around. The 'Hawks made the right choice in not matching or bettering that Panther contract offer.

720836[/snapback]

Not that I'm going to disagree with the sentiment, but the salary cap numbers are expected to change a great deal on the next CBA when the new TV contracts get negotiated for the 2006 season, adding as much as $15,000,000/year to the cap. A large chuck for this season, but if the deal is escalated, it may not turn out to be too damaging.

No way were the 'Hawks going to give Lucas 13mil in signing bonus money, let alone 36 mil for 6 years.

Bet they can get Law for a lot less. :D

720309[/snapback]

It would be too good to be true if we could get Law...I hope it is being discussed.