[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

How long ago did the Skins

Duchess Jack

The Skins didn't break the 1 billion mark, it was $800 million, Snyder way overpaid, AND a brand-new stadium was part of the deal.

Your point isn't wrong though...

719215[/snapback]

Snyder didnt way overpay. The Redskins have been the most profitable American sports franchise for decades. He turned around and signed a $200 million/10 year stadium naming rights deal that covered 25% of his payment. The Redskins have been sold out for 30 plus years and have the highest number of seats of any NFL team at the second highest average ticket price. I am not saying I think that is good for the fans, but from a financial point of view, it is good for Snyder and the team. The Redskins are now valued at 1.2 billion approximately, five years after he bought em for $800 million. Because of the huge cash flow the team generates, he has also paid off significant amounts of the financing he needed to originally buy the team.

How did he overpay again?

He is making money hand over fist and they are not even winning. Imagine if the Gibbs experiment pans out over the next couple years.

Snyder didnt way overpay. The Redskins have been the most profitable American sports franchise for decades. He turned around and signed a $200 million/10 year stadium naming rights deal that covered 25% of his payment. The Redskins have been sold out for 30 plus years and have the highest number of seats of any NFL team at the second highest average ticket price. I am not saying I think that is good for the fans, but from a financial point of view, it is good for Snyder and the team. The Redskins are now valued at 1.2 billion approximately, five years after he bought em for $800 million. Because of the huge cash flow the team generates, he has also paid off significant amounts of the financing he needed to originally buy the team.

How did he overpay again?

He is making money hand over fist and they are not even winning. Imagine if the Gibbs experiment pans out over the next couple years.

719345[/snapback]

Another point to mention is that Snyder actually owns FedEx Field. Not many NFL teams own the stadium they play in. That is why they are so valuable.

The??

:D

719350[/snapback]

The. Here is the most recent Forbes list of NFL franchises and NFL franchises are the most profitable of all American franchises.

For example, the Yankess are valued at $832 million and they are the most valuable MLB franchise.

I think now a couple of European soccer teams may be ahead of the Redskins worldwide. Not sure about that.

I believe you are correct.

ManU has been worth at least a billion for a few years now.

719577[/snapback]

Manchester United's latest valuation is between 1.3 and 1.6 billion. Malcolm Glazer is still fighting to buy the club. If he does, his life expectancy could be extremely short.

800 million pounds = $1.5 billion dollars