[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Boldin for Bennett and a 2nd...

wolfden1

Don't have a link...just listening to ESPN radio this afternoon. Clayton hosts the 3-7 Saturday afternoon show w/ Randy Mueller (old Bills GM). They both referenced a possible trade of A.Boldin to the Vikes for Michael Bennett and a 2nd round pick. They both quickly shot it down, saying "it'll never happen"....but why did they bring it up at least 3 times?? Anyone hear anything about this??

I recall hearing that Boldin asked for a trade, was it because they wouldn't renogiate his contract? I think so, so rumour was he went to the Vikes to seek a trade. Personally, that trade makes some sense to me, if not for Bennett, then for Smith. Boldin and CPep would make a very nice combo in minny!

Don't have a link...just listening to ESPN radio this afternoon.  Clayton hosts the 3-7 Saturday afternoon show w/ Randy Mueller (old Bills GM).  They both referenced a possible trade of A.Boldin to the Vikes for Michael Bennett and a 2nd round pick.  They both quickly shot it down, saying "it'll never happen"....but why did they bring it up at least 3 times??  Anyone hear anything about this??

722534[/snapback]

Mueller was GM of the Saints, not Bills.

Mueller was GM of the Saints, not Bills.

722790[/snapback]

You are correct and I still can't figure out why he isnt here anymore. Whats more baffling is why he isnt a GM anywhere right now. He brought alot of talent to the Saints organization. He did leave Seattle on bad terms also so maybe there is a personality issue or something like that :D.

I like the deal for both teams. Bennett should be better than he is -- and is better than anything Ari has, and Boldin will go along way towards filling Moss' shoes ... Minny's loaded at RB, so the move makes sense. Who knows if it's real, however.

I like the deal for both teams.  Bennett should be better than he is -- and is better than anything Ari has, and Boldin will go along way towards filling Moss' shoes ... Minny's loaded at RB, so the move makes sense.  Who knows if it's real, however.

722831[/snapback]

Considering Bennett's gross lack of vision and balance, the Vikings would be getting the better deal by a wide margin.

You are correct and I still can't figure out why he isnt here anymore. Whats more baffling is why he isnt a GM anywhere right now.

722793[/snapback]

Basically one of two reasons he's not in NOLA any longer: [a] he had a habit of doing things without running them through Benson first or there was a power struggle between Mueller and Fielkow, and Arnie won. I've heard both explanations from very reliable sources in or very close to the organization, and both are certainly plausible. Irregardless of what actually happened, it's pretty obvious that the old man has essentially blackballed Mueller and none of the other NFL owners will touch him ...

Personally, I loved the guy. He did the hour radio show every Wednesday, and you would hear some really good stuff, not the usual party line every head coach and GM in the NFL typically spews out ...

Vikings | Trade Rumors Dismissed - from www.KFFL.com

Thu, 3 Mar 2005 10:59:29 -0800

KFFL has learned, from a source close to the team, Minnesota Vikings vice president of football operations Rob Brezinski has shot down any rumors of a reported trade involving the Vikings sending RB Michael Bennett and their 2005 second-round pick to the Arizona Cardinals for WR Anquan Boldin.

720415[/snapback]

There's already an entire thread on this subject, started two days ago with 24 replies and still on the 1st page. Check it out, there's some good opinions / thoughts about the Boldin/Bennett rumor in it.

Here's a link to it: Boldin to the Vikes?, Whats the deal?

His 4.1 40 speed really sucks too.

723182[/snapback]

Yea, he was a sprinter and has world-class speed. He runs right into the backs of his offensive lineman faster than most.

His lack of vision and cutting ability has been an issue since he played at Wisky! When you consider he often gets tripped up and thrown off balance by an index finger, his tough running style is also a benefit.

No question though, the dude can run in a strait line faster than anyone!

Edited by gspot