[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Warner Signs

Dbaxx

If Arizona can now tend to their need for a running back, the Cardinals should have (at least in theory) their most competitive team in last few years.

Remember, Warner was playing decent last year behind a terrible line, and with no WRs, other than Toomer. Since he isn't a scrambler, with a little protection and three talented WRs (a quality TE would be nice, though) I think he's got a shot to produce some numbers.

However, without a running game I don't see much in their future. Hopefully they'll sign Travis Henry and the Cards can take a stab at a decent season.

If Arizona can now tend to their need for a running back, the Cardinals should have (at least in theory) their most competitive team in last few years.

Remember, Warner was playing decent last year behind a terrible line, and with no WRs, other than Toomer.  Since he isn't a scrambler, with a little protection and three talented WRs (a quality TE would be nice, though) I think he's got a shot to produce some numbers. 

However, without a running game I don't see much in their future.  Hopefully they'll sign Travis Henry and the Cards can take a stab at a decent season.

723136[/snapback]

Yo Moma, Maybe we werent watching the same games? Warner had one, maybe two decent games, and then fell off the cliff. He had only what, one TD pass to a WR in eight games? He looked lost out there at times. He threw some real wobblers when not under pressure too. I think Garcia would have been a better fit for AZ. Or even Holcombe. Green will find himself an RB before the season starts, probably through the draft, since the Henry deal appears to be dead. As long as Boldin and Fitzgerald are healthy, any AZ QB is good for a backup bye week guy.

The Cards have one of the (maybe the) youngest O lines in the league. The addition of Oliver Ross from Pitt at RT should mean a big improvement, given the fact the other O lineman all have 3 years or less experience. I'll be looking to draft Arizona's starting RB, whoever that ends up being, as a mid round sleeper. All the better if it's a rook, as opposed to a Henry, as a rookie would last longer on the draft board.

As a Bears fan, I can tell you that I'm not shocked. He visited the Bears on Friday and the local sports goofs interviewed him on the radio. Warner kept saying that he wanted to go someplace where he would have a legitimate chance to start. He wasn't going to get that here.

The Cardinals have talent at receiver. If the o-line can protect him and they get a running game, he'll probably do okay.

Warner had one, maybe two decent games, and then fell off the cliff. He had only what, one TD pass to a WR in eight games? He looked lost out there at times. He threw some real wobblers when not under pressure too.

723181[/snapback]

I think that was a product of poor protection and bad play calling. Maybe not horrible. But certainly not designed to take advantage of Warner's throwing abilities. Lots of dink and dunk, and tons of Tiki. The Giants ran a very conservative offense for the time Warner was at the helm. And Eli Manning didn't do a whole lot better once he took the helm, so I find it hard to fault Warner with the offensive mediocrity last season.

I'm not saying he'll end up in the 12 most productive QBs. What I am saying is that he'll be a quality mid to late #2 QB for a fantasy team. I also think he'll be a vast improvement over McCown, or whoever else the Cardinals might be thinking of putting out there. So for NFL purposes, it'll be a step up from where they were.

Agreed, I think he becomes a solid #2 QB, and perhaps a spot starter based on matchups next year. That is, as long as they DO get an RB, and Boldin doesnt get his trade wish granted. I dont understand where those occassional wounded duck throws come from though.... I think he's good for one INT per game, minimum.

I dont understand where those occassional wounded duck throws come from though.... I think he's good for one INT per game, minimum.

723277[/snapback]

Two reasons: (1) he's scared to scramble. There are tons of times he'd have been better taking off up field and sliding for 3 or 4 yards. Instead, he'd fall back and back and back then launch one up off his heel with a DB in his face. Stupid. (2) I think he was trying to force things. He knew his leash was only as long as his winning streak.

Edited by yo mama

"Even though this is a one-year deal, I really don’t want to go anywhere else and would like nothing more than to end my career by helping the Cardinals win a championship.”

yep thats just about the same quote emmitt had before he came to the cardinals...lets face it they aren't winning a championship with Warner at the helm... With the quality of offensive lineman in front of him in Arizona there's every chance Warner will be stacking shelves again by 2007. And some of those OL's will be able to help him at the local supermarket.

Denny is back to his old ways. Warner will be the flavor of the year.

I had to laugh at Warner's quote in the paper that even if it's only a year offer, he would love to bring a championship to Arizona. You got one year Kurt. One and done!