[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

The best Pizza you ever had

whomper

What was the best Pizza you ever had? Mine was at this place in Little Italy NYC called Casa Di which is no longer there.Delicious..

The best I've had in Detroit is at Pizza Papalis in Greektown. Very deep dish. I heard so much about Giardono's (spelling) in Chicago, I tried it a couple of years ago. While it was very good, I think the hype ruined it for me.

SO many to list. I am a pizza connoiseur. Really.

I've spent plenty of time in Chicago... and the pizza there - just about any place you go - is tremendous.

While I was at college, I got to like Woodstock's Pizza quite a bit. Actually had it the other night while on a business trip. They fold the end of the crust over so you get a little sauce-filled dough taco at the end!

Here in Southern California, there are a few good pizza joints. Nick's Pizza in Costa Mesa is a good, thick, traditional pie. Great sauce. A bit pricey. Dominico's - also in Costa Mesa - has VERY good pizza... especially for the price.

In terms of "fast" pizza, Round Table is tops. By far. Try the pesto sauce, with sausage and salami. Yuh-mayyyyy... :D

The best I've had in Detroit is at Pizza Papalis in Greektown.  Very deep dish.  I heard so much about Giardono's (spelling) in Chicago, I tried it a couple of years ago.  While it was very good, I think the hype ruined it for me.

723372[/snapback]

Giordano's is usually disappointing. I was hyped up on it too, and it was just OK.

Of course, I actually find Chicago's THIN crust pizza to be better than their traditional deep dish variety.

Hmm, I had pizza tonight... how odd. Of course, it was one of those $1.99 Jeno's Pizza-for-One jobbers.... gotta throw a mound of mozzarella on that bad boy. :D

Giordano's is usually disappointing.  I was hyped up on it too, and it was just OK.

Of course, I actually find Chicago's THIN crust pizza to be better than their traditional deep dish variety.

Hmm, I had pizza tonight... how odd.  Of course, it was one of those $1.99 Jeno's Pizza-for-One jobbers.... gotta throw a mound of mozzarella on that bad boy.  :D

723388[/snapback]

Is there any good pizza in OC? I ate at Al New York Pizza Cafe, which was pretty good, but I'm looking for better.

Is there any good pizza in OC?  I ate at Al New York Pizza Cafe, which was pretty good, but I'm looking for better.

723390[/snapback]

Yeah, go to Nick's Pizza on Harbor & Wilson in Costa Mesa. VERY good Italian food. Great pizza. I've been going there all of my 31 years and my parents were going there ever since they moved here. Great date spot, too.

There is no real answer to the "best pizza" question. My preference is for thin crispy crust, and a nice balance of sauce to cheese. Deep dish is a completely different animal, and it's a stretch to even call it pizza. Not to say it aint great, but it departs from traditional pizza far too much for me to keep it in the same category. A piece of pizza has to be eaten by hand, no knife and fork, or it becomes something else.

The best I ever had was a thin crust pizza that looked like a sicilian pie, but didnt have that real thick dough. in NY, they like to call it a "Grandma's pie", but they tend to way overdo the garlic. Marzano tomatoes are the key ingredient. Over the top tomato flavor. If it aint crispy, it aint pizza!

Pizza is like sex in that it's never really bad, unless it's bought cheap and frozen. (badumdum)

I personally believe that I made the best pizza ever for a Conference Championship game party in January.

Some place in Barbados. Thick crust, spicy sauce, scallops, shrimp, green and red peppers and onion. Add in a bottle of Red Stripe (actually Three) and the fact that I had honeymoon sex just hours before made for a great appetite and a great pizza. I'm divorced now but I still have memories of that pie (the pizza that is).

Edited by frenzal rhomb

There is no real answer to the "best pizza" question. My preference is for thin crispy crust, and a nice balance of sauce to cheese. Deep dish is a completely different animal, and it's a stretch to even call it pizza. Not to say it aint great, but it departs from traditional pizza far too much for me to keep it in the same category. A piece of pizza has to be eaten by hand, no knife and fork, or it becomes something else.

The best I ever had was a thin crust pizza that looked like a sicilian pie, but didnt have that real thick dough. in NY, they like to call it a "Grandma's pie", but they tend to way overdo the garlic. Marzano tomatoes are the key ingredient. Over the top tomato flavor. If it aint crispy, it aint pizza!

723396[/snapback]

Rovers have you ever tried Lazaras in the City?.Brick oven thin crust delicious.Its on 38th corner of 7th ave.

Edited by whomper

The best I've personally had was at Caruso's (if I'm remembering the name correctly) in Penn Station. Hugh slices, great suace. But then again, I was usually there after a night on the town. Still the best I've ever had though.

Two places, both in New Haven.

Broadway Pizza. I think it's still there although I heard it changed ownership a few years ago so I can't vouch for it anymore.

Decusati's. Sadly, now a florist or something like that. As a teenager, I would order a medium pizza and then wash it down with a Philly cheesesteak. Good stuff!

Atlanta is a little tough for pizza. Mellow Mushroom is not bad, although it's also not very consistent.

Two places, both in New Haven.

Broadway Pizza. I think it's still there although I heard it changed ownership a few years ago so I can't vouch for it anymore.

Decusati's. Sadly, now a florist or something like that. As a teenager, I would order a medium pizza and then wash it down with a Philly cheesesteak. Good stuff!

Atlanta is a little tough for pizza. Mellow Mushroom is not bad, although it's also not very consistent.

723472[/snapback]

I loved the Mellow Mushroom in the ATL. A guy who went to Emory (Oxford College first) owns it last time I checked ... his name is Dave Bush. Great guy.

I loved the Mellow Mushroom in the ATL.  A guy who went to Emory (Oxford College first) owns it last time I checked ... his name is Dave Bush.  Great guy.

723483[/snapback]

Guy is doing OK for himself then. I have been to a MM in ATL. Decent. He has one in Charlottesville, VA now as well and a couple others.

Best pizza I ever had.... I don't really know. Likely to have been after 2:00 AM in NYC walking the streets. Love grabbing a slice for $1.50 after lots to drink.

I loved the Mellow Mushroom in the ATL.  A guy who went to Emory (Oxford College first) owns it last time I checked ... his name is Dave Bush.  Great guy.

723483[/snapback]

I didn't know that Beaumont. So why couldn't we get a little on-campus pizzeria instead of the DUC? Doesn't seem right!