[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Dolphins sign Carter!

Guest dolphins fanatic

Guest dolphins fanatic

Dolphins | Carter Agrees to Five-Year Deal - from www.KFFL.com

Mon, 7 Mar 2005 10:24:05 -0800

ESPNews reports the Miami Dolphins have agreed to a five-year deal with free agent DE Kevin Carter (Titans). Financial terms were not disclosed.

Can we all say super bowl bound?

I am really surprised how this offseason is turning out.... with the exception of DC we upgraded at all coaching positions - McIntosh took a paycut, Seau is sticking around and we will still have Rosenfelds (Holiday and Carter)...now if only someone will give a 2nd for Surtain...

The Dolphins reached a five-year, $30 million agreement with former Tennessee Titans defensive end Kevin Carter. Included in the deal is $8 million of guarantees in signing and option bonuses.

Carter, who has never missed a game in his 10-year career, will make $10 million over the first two years of the contract and $16 million over the first three. He will be a defensive end in the Dolphins' 3-4 scheme and was considered to be one of the key players available in free agency.

Carter, 31, was hoping to re-sign with the Titans, who had to let eight players go to get under the $85.5 million salary cap. He was close to accepting the Dolphins deal Saturday, but he wanted a day or two to decide if it was the right move.

On Monday, he accepted the offer, passed a Dolphins physical and should be available later Monday for a press conference

You mean like the Vikings O coordinator? Or maybe our brand spanking new oline coach?

The line will be far far better this year.

Chambers, McMichael, Booker, Boston (for now) and the best back in the draft? Where all should that money be spent again?

They should be spedning the money on offense.

I don't think their problem was with the defense,

but with the running game & passing game.

Granted, this is an improvement for the 'Phins defense,

but I don't think they are bound for the Superbowl

until the offense is vastly improved upon.

We have like 40 vet RBs on the roster. And at 1.2 our running back better start THIS year.

As for QB....We have Sage and Feeley really picked it up towards the end of the year. Beyond this...a new OC and improved online will do wonders

Edited by Duchess Jack

I watched Carter play regularly his last year in St. Louis and many of the Titans games. My point is that he is NOT VERY GOOD. He rarely fights off a block & I am not talking about double-teams. He is a guy with a "name" who is cashing in based on an old reputation & not his actual current skill level.

The money clearly could have been used better. Just wait, you Phins fans will agree.

I watched Carter play regularly his last year in St. Louis and many of the Titans games. My point is that he is NOT VERY GOOD. He rarely fights off a block & I am not talking about double-teams. He is a guy with a "name" who is cashing in based on an old reputation & not his actual current skill level.

The money clearly could have been used better. Just wait, you Phins fans will agree.

723987[/snapback]

In that case, I hope a change of scenery and a return to his past energizes him. I dig that he has never missed a game. That counts for something.

Okay...I will say it.  Miami's O will be in the upper half of the league this year - likely the upper third.

723960[/snapback]

:D:D:D

Careful or Spain will start treating you Dolphin boys like Lions' fans.

Upper third... ooooh boy.

Chambers, McMichael, Booker, Boston (for now) and the best back in the draft?

723874[/snapback]

Cross Boston off that list.

Dolphins Release Boston

"Miami terminated the contract of wide receiver David Boston, who failed a physical.

Boston was acquired by the Dolphins last summer in a trade with San Diego, but never played a down for the club. He ruptured a patella tendon in his knee during training camp in August, and was placed on injured reserve.

Off-field troubles also hounded the veteran from Ohio State, as he had a run- in with a ticket agent at a Vermont airport in October and was suspended by the NFL in December after testing positive for steroids."

www.newsnet5.com

I guess you did not get tired of all the Bengle Bashing you've rec'd over they years.

724203[/snapback]

I was wise enough not to make Super Bowl predictions.

Actually, all the terrible years and (justified) Bengals-bashing is gonna make it all that much sweeter some day.....