[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Giants sign QB Jim Miller

Dr. Rock

Ehh.. I really really would have preferred Fiedler. I know Fiedler really had interest in the Giants, and was only holding out for a better opportunity for playing time elsewhere, so this must mean the Lions or Bears have offered him a good shot.

http://msn.foxsports.com/nfl/story/3446258

It took the New York Giants just one day to find a suitable replacement for Kurt Warner.

FOXSports.com has learned the Giants have agreed to a one-year deal with veteran quarterback Jim Miller. Warner agreed to a one-year deal with the Cardinals on Sunday, and the Giants were looking for a veteran to be the clear backup to Eli Manning.

Miller served as the third quarterback for the Patriots last season. An 11-year pro who has started 27 career games, Miller was behind Tom Brady and Rohan Davey on the depth chart.

He started for the Bears in 2001 and 2002, and completed 610 of 1,046 passes for 6,387 yards and 36 touchdowns in his career. He has also played for Pittsburgh, Jacksonville, Atlanta and the Frankfurt Galaxy of NFL Europe.

I did actually read an article in a local paper during the 2 week Super Bowl hype that Brady said Miller was an invaluable source of help during games(I guess he runs water over to Tom faster than Davey?). So maybe the Giants are hoping that just having been around Brady for a year and a half Miller still has some 'magic QB dust' on him that will rub off on Eli.