[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Tedy Bruschi to undergo heart surgery

Dr. Rock

Yes the best to Tedy.

My bet is he has played his last game.

735679[/snapback]

Agreed - I can't see how he puts his life at risk on the field, especially with 3 young kids.

If he is done.. he certainly went out on top. And no one will wear #54 in NE again.

Edited by Dr. Rock

Fox just reported they're getting their info from the news director at News 13 in Tuscon.. Bruschi is having surgery to repair a hole in his heart this week in Boston, and its 'highly unlikely' he'll play football again.

735694[/snapback]

After this and a stroke, I can't believe he'd ever play again.

I'm not a Pats fan, but I respect the heck out of him. Here is hoping that he has a successfully recovery and a nice, long healthy life after football.

WEEI in Boston had a heart doctor on this morning (not his heart doctor).

He said that type of hole in the heart is a birth defect, and years ago, would have to be fixed by open heart surgery.

Today, it is fixed by a capiter sent up from a blood vessel in the leg.

He said a football player like that might have had a blood clot, and that clot would pass through that hole and make it to the brain causing the stroke.

He also said that if the stroke was caused by this, and many strokes are, it is much better than having the stroke caused by a leaking blood vessel in the head or brain aneurysm.

And, if the surgery was successful, and they could pinpoint the stroke to this issue, he would have a better chance coming back and playing as opposed to if the stroke was caused by a head problem or aneurysm.

I am not looking at this through rose colored glasses, but sometimes when people hear heart surgery, including those in the local media, they flock to the opposite end of the spectrum.

Fox just reported they're getting their info from the news director at News 13 in Tuscon.. Bruschi is having surgery to repair a hole in his heart this week in Boston, and its 'highly unlikely' he'll play football again.

735694[/snapback]

Yep, thats true. Lead story here in Tucson yesterday. Enjoyed watching him play at Arizona, wish him all the luck it the world....