[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

2005 Mystery Huddler #14

wiegie

If they hadn't guess it by the time I got back, I was going to have some fun with saying that you pay 320 bits for a haircut and that if Kim Jung Il and Oprah Winfrey had a baby together that you probably would refuse their offer to be the baby's godfather.

751358[/snapback]

:D

Seriously wiegie, I liked the clues. They were a good change of pace from ABWF's way of dealing with the MH. But one of the problems today was that, with it being Good Friday, the pool of MH detectives was limited - & your obcurantist clues confused too many of those remaining. Luckily VIG, ALBS, & VQ2 stayed on the case to its successful resolution. :D

Edited by Shot_Kings

• Replies 420
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

heres an actual true story about the first pic though...i was at an anniversary party for my aunt..if you look at the date on the pic..its draft day...so after the party i meet up with some friends at a bar near the venue instead of driving 15 minutes home to change and 15 back i stayed in my suit...so im out drinkin...and this girl comes up to one of my boys..and is like 'whats your friends name' blah blah...so then she like 'why is he all dressed up' and he proceeds to tell her that i was drafted by the arizona cardinals as a safety....this girl wouldnt leave me alone all night...takin pics with me on her camera phone...so i played it up a bit..pulled out a wad of 100's and bought shots for all my friends...it was too funny

hahah ..although i dont get the last part...are you trying to say that i look like a cross between an asian and a black?

751364[/snapback]

Nope, I was referring to these two comments:

"cause I do not like Koreans either"

"Its also well known that I do not like african americans"

Then I was going to mention that you seem like getting facials:

"you guys should treat yourselves to a nice haircut once in a while..maybe even a facial "

All from this post: http://forums.thehuddle.com/index.php?showtopic=80228

heres an actual true story about the first pic though...i was at an anniversary party for my aunt..if you look at the date on the pic..its draft day...so after the party i meet up with some friends at a bar near the venue instead of driving 15 minutes home to change and 15 back i stayed in my suit...so im out drinkin...and this girl comes up to one of my boys..and is like 'whats your friends name' blah blah...so then she like 'why is he all dressed up' and he proceeds to tell her that i was drafted by the arizona cardinals as a safety....this girl wouldnt leave me alone all night...takin pics with me on her camera phone...so i played it up a bit..pulled out a wad of 100's and bought shots for all my friends...it was too funny

751374[/snapback]

did you hit it??

Nope, I was referring to these two comments:

"cause I do not like Koreans either"

"Its also well known that I do not like african americans"

Then I was going to mention that you seem like getting facials:

"you guys should treat yourselves to a nice haircut once in a while..maybe even a facial "

All from this post:  http://forums.thehuddle.com/index.php?showtopic=80228

751388[/snapback]

ahahahaha..yes

What exactly was misleading (seriously)?

751345[/snapback]

NE of the school where the MH's favorite team's punter's aunt when to preschool?

Perhaps it wasn't misleading so much as not-at-all leading? :D

(when was the last time the MH moderator took more heat than the MH himself?)

OK, you can all admit it now that these were the best clues EVER!

751175[/snapback]

If by "best" you mean most convoluted and least informative, then sure, they were the best ever. :D

squeegie...maybe someday when i get old, like most of you...ill spend 400 on a digital camera and take pictures of msyelf with gray hair,brewing beer, or dressing up in gay halloween costumes..till then...

751183[/snapback]

:D I never criticized the quality of the photos. I just said that this was the worst MH thread ever. I attribute that to the facts that Wiege did not have much to work with clue-wise, and what he was abe to come up with sucked.

NE of the school where the MH's favorite team's punter's aunt when to preschool?

Perhaps it wasn't misleading so much as not-at-all leading? :D

(when was the last time the MH moderator took more heat than the MH himself?)

751439[/snapback]

I was just playing along with Bear's screwy directional stuff from other MH threads.

I actually figured that somebody would realize that this was an "intentional non-clue" -- and hence actually turn the "non-clue" into a real clue. For example, NE has come to mean almost anywhere in these MH threads. Therefore, the clue that the huddler lived NE of where his punter went to school could have been interpreted as being an intentionally vacuous clue. And how could it be vacuous, well if almost everything was NE of where the punter went to school. Then I thought somebody would look to see which punters went to school in the southwest. Then they would have found that NE's punter went to school in Arizona--which would have given a pretty good hint that the MH could be a Pats fan (although there are a few other punters who are also from the SW).

I acually thought the "QB, Kicker, Latitude" clue would narrow it down somewhat too.

The "Jesus" post was a little sneaky. In one post the MH claimed that he hated to lose fantasy football games to Jews. I thought it would have been too obvious if I had listed an obvious Jewish person for the clue, so I went with Jesus--was was indeed Jewish.

I thought the "his first post was a 'rate my team'" was a dead-give-away as all somebody would have needed to do was go back and look at "rate my team" posts from the beginning of the season and then check when people registered and the answer would have been fairly obvious.

All in all, now that I think about it more I am realizing that these clues were great and that you are all just lazy. :oldrazz:

Edited by wiegie

This was the worst MH thread I have ever seen.

751168[/snapback]

I actually got so bored, I started doing some work ::D

751182[/snapback]

The whole board has been pretty dead today.

751198[/snapback]

Nice pun, VQ2.  "Dead" as in Jesus died on Good Friday?

I guess this MH thread was penance for all of us.  At least it felt like it.

751205[/snapback]

What a clusterflip.  I blame all of those involved:

foreverthehomo for submitting obscure images

and wedgie for producing the thing

Hell, I'm going to go lacerate my spleen for my part in all of this.

751288[/snapback]

The only logical answer to all of the posts above is that I was out of town and unavailable to participate today.

Edited by Puddy