[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Buckeye Report for KS2000

sacosud

Well..It's that time of year again and I know how much KS2000 is missing his

Buckeyes.. :D I have secured my ticket to the Texas game!!!!! ABC changed

the kick time to 8 pm which means a LOUD AND ROCKING SHOE!!! OSU starts

spring pratice this week with the Scarlet and Gray game ending spring ball April

23rd I believe. OSU web sites and media have been saying this the best O-line we

have had in years, I'm more of "the proof is in the pudding" on this but no doubt

the talent is there. The question I have is can they gel quickly??? Texas is

second game Sept. 10th which by the way is gonna be a great day of college

football from what I have heard there is alot of big games that day ending with

the Buckeyes and Longhorns in primetime. Nick Mangold #55 "center" and Ryan

Simms #77 "left tackle" is the big names here but the rest of the line must gel

quickly. The WR' s suprised me towards the end of the year with Santino Holmes#4

, Anthony Gonzales# 11 and of course "ALL WORLD TEDD GIIN JR" this group will

only get better. Ginn of course opens the rest up and makes defense's really have

to plan for him if you don't ..He can kill you all on his own. Ginn's speed

reminds me alot of Terry Glenn when he was at OSU but way ahead of Glenn at

this point in his career. Ginn's 2nd and 3rd gear looks so effortless. I would like to

see the TE's Ryan Hamby#80 and Rory Nichols #88 more involved and probaly

will be...Roy Hall #8 is moving from WR to TE due to the depth at WR for those that

don't know anything about Roy think of David Boston before "the supplements" but

slower I think this more of a experiment that probaly not going to work out. I like

Roy but his hands of stone is going to hurt him but he can block so we shall see.

Qb's Justin Zwick #12 is listed at starter but I think it's Troy Smith's #10 job to

lose. Troy can not play in opener due to taking money from a booster "stupid" but

to me has the stronger arm and he can flat get it done in the open field. Zwick is

more accurate and better pocket passer and probaly reads defense's better but

OSU coaching staff can not teach open field running to Zwick and that is why Smith

is going to be the better choice in my mind. Rb's this is where things get hairy or

scary..Antonio Pittman #25 is listed as starter but many feel Eric Haw# 2 "red shirt

freshmen" will be the man but rumor has it he is having trouble in school. Maurice

"not Clarrett" Wells #5 should see some time. OSU is really hurting after these 3

and is the reason you are gonna see more of a wide open offense. Defense has to

start with Linebackers and hands down is the best in the country. Hawk# 47,

Carpentar #42 and Schlegel #51 gonna be tough to run between the tackles

against the Bucks. The D-Line had their rebuilding year and should produce Quinn

Pitcock # 90 is a monster and should be heart of the line with Gholston# 50 being

the other big ugly that will make some noise alot of youngsters here with alot of

talent should give the bucks depth that they can keep the line fresh. Db's are lead

by Ashton Youboty # 26 "the man that shut down Braylon Edwards" Donte Whitner

#9 saftey or corner right now working at corner but rumor has it that he is not

happy here and is more of a precaution due to Underwood's health issues. I expect

to see Donte back at SS with Nate "the Hammer" Salley this is the man who

knocks folks out over the middle the improved corner play has allowed Salley to

head hunt a little more and I mean that in a good way. Teddy Ginn JR. may play

some corner at some point this year but I would only expect it in a desperate

situation or a match up where OSU coaches feel we have nobody that can cover

a wr with a great amount of speed. I mean we need Ginn to play kr,pr,wr,rb and

sometimes QB in "THE SHOT-GINN OFFENSE" in short he is to valuable on offense

to play defense no matter what his dad or he thinks. Jamire O'Neal is a freshmen

from Cleveland Glennville same school as Ginn could end up starting at corner not

as good as Ginn but who is?????? Fred Lenix is also a recurit from Glenville but

needs to put some weight on has the attitude to play LB but long wait at that

position. I would love to see the coaching staff get Marcus Freeman#1 on the

field "soph" linbacker and next in line to be a great LB at OSU...Kicker Josh Huston

has big shoes to fill but would be great if he could come in make everyone forget

what's his name :D Punter #15 Trapasso is important to OSU in Tressel offense

Tressel loves field position battles and can really determine the playing calling in

my opinion, which I kinda disagree with but who can argue with Tressel's success.

I would like to see OSU go for the throat more..It seems that when we get up by

14 Tressel Ball also know as "Lloyd Carr ball" just no one in Columbus will say it

we start the let's kill the clock theory..HELLO STOP THAT!!! more points please.

There you have my short :D anything but short sermon on OSU FOOTBALL just

for you KS 2000.

SACO SUD......GO BUCKS.

Edited by sacosud

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Rumor is that Anthony Gonzalez holds up pretty well with Ginn in foot races. That's a scary thought, for opponents.

Life is good when Santonio Holmes is your 'slow poke' receiver, or when ex-All-WAC Schlegel is the least heralded of your linebackers!

Zwick-Smith presents the classic debate between drop-back passers and mobile QBs. Smith has the edge on all the intangibles, but I like Zwick's ability to read defenses and make quick decisions. We need either Troy to develop in that area, or for Zwick to develop the leadership skills and on-field presence.

Rumor is that Anthony Gonzalez holds up pretty well with Ginn in foot races. That's a scary thought, for opponents.

Life is good when Santonio Holmes is your 'slow poke' receiver, or when ex-All-WAC Schlegel is the least heralded of your linebackers!

Zwick-Smith presents the classic debate between drop-back passers and mobile QBs. Smith has the edge on all the intangibles, but I like Zwick's ability to read defenses and make quick decisions. We need either Troy to develop in that area, or for Zwick to develop the leadership skills and on-field presence.

752334[/snapback]

I think it's a win-win but my feeling is you can teach Troy pocket presence,reading defenses,checkoffs and hot reads...but can you teach Zwick to advoid the rush and scramble. I like Zwick and have always said a pocket passer is the way I would want to go unless...A mobile Quaterback fits your personnel. The big question then becomes OSU O-Line can they pass protect better this year than last? I supported Zwick for starting job last season based on our offense and the believe he fit our packages better..but the players seemed to respond better to Troy and really a case can be made for both...Did Troy have a career day against

MIchigan????? was Okalahoma State overrated??? "yes" We lost 4 games last year!!!! and really I blame the O-Line for that not giving Zwick time but he threw some dub-dumb balls that got picked."probaly due to no time and lack of experience" My gut says Troy due to the players confidence in him at the spring

game last year he was chosen #1 by the players in the draft .."each year captins from the gray and scarlet sides draft players for the spring game " I also think Troy showed alot of poise last couple games and for me arm strength it's not even

close with the speed OSU has at Wr this is gonna come in pretty handy. The streak route 'better know as the bomb or the heave ho" is gonna something you see alot this year and that should open up the middle. Gonzales can run with Ginn on a track or field without pads but put on football gear and not close. Things I worry about right now. #1 our Kicking Game scares me no Nuge this year.."ouch"

#2 RB position someone best step up or we will be running alot of "SHOT- GINN"

offense which is okay when one quaterback is out due to being stupid 'taking money from a booster" and the other has pulled something in his leg. What a gutty

performance by Zwick by the way...3. O-Line not gelling early. Zwick or Smith a question of pick your poison I hope..but right now I go with Troy but if Zwick throws for 5 td's and 300 yards against Miami of Ohio then what ? I would not want to be Tressel that week prior to Texas Game. :D

Edited by sacosud

As a side note, the day before the game, the Texas State Champion Robert E LEE Red Raiders from Tyler will be playing Ohio's state champion.

764915[/snapback]

Hey Perch...........by the way, your relieved of the sig line now :D Thanks for being a good sport.

Hey Perch...........by the way, your relieved of the sig line now  :D  Thanks for being a good sport.

766834[/snapback]

Thanks, but I kind of like it. Besides, I owe you an extra two weeks, because off other sigline bets, where I took it down temporarily. I'll keep it for atleast another two weeks. Oh, and thank you for being a good sport.

Nice post sac, from what i've been reading on Buckeye Planet, many  agree with you opinion that this years line is the best in at least 5 years. This is great news for the running game and even better news for the D.

753385[/snapback]

Hey Ohio, are you going to any spring practices? I'm finally going to my first Trojan public spring scrimmage on Sunday, 4/10, with my 5yo son - we're both excited. Plan on getting some choice autographs of Heisman winners/candidates.

And of course I'll post my report that night here. The road to Pasadena begins...

Practice at the WHAC continues. Players are reportedly doing various drills and sharpening their skills at their respective positions. Some have gained weight and muscle. Others have gone leaner and faster. Still others have maintained their weight and muscle mass.

Back goes this thread to the top :D

I need some support from other Bucks around here. Can't...do...it..all..on..my..own, esp. since Puddy seems to be an eternal presence.

777605[/snapback]

Sorry. I have no life. I wonder which school has more regular Huddlers :D