[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Texans release LB Jamie Sharper

Sgt. Ryan

This makes absolutely no sense. They didnt want to resign him after this yr because he would cost them too much money and on the wrong side of 30 and thought it would be a good idea to try and trade him now while he is still under contract. Which sounds wise if they knew they couldnt resign him. But why release him a yr early when he is still under contract. They already released their other inside LB Jay Foreman. This team needs at least 2 LBs in the worst way.....

Just heard this on ESPN radio. Have no link yet. And no its not a April Fools joke.

It's on the Texan's site.... so no joke. I guess they move Wong inside? Or go for Crowder, who isnt the sort of guy Capers usually goes for? I dunno. iheard rumors, but did not believe them. I guess they have Peek penciled in as a starter on the outside.... and will either draft an MLB, or move Wong inside.

The Cowboys also need another RB, while contemplating a move to a 3-4. With targeting a LB in round 1, signing Sharper would allow them to look elsewhere.

Should be a lot of teams driving the price up though.

There were in fact some murmurs about Sharper.... He had made some comments near the end of last season about not having enough direction from the coaching staff, which didnt sit too well with Capers. Aside from that, Houston wasnt all that happy with his performance either. So, while I heard the rumors, or read them, I still cant beleive they could not find a trade partner.

Hopefully he is wanting to finish out his career playing with Darren in Minny.  :D

763342[/snapback]

finish out his career!?

the dude has many years ahead of him and even if he did want to go to MIN, it wouldn't be a career ending move. i think that darren may have a few years on jamie and while darren may end his career w/in a couple years, jamie could be in the league for quite some time.

plus, EJ is the LB of the future :D