[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Texans release LB Jamie Sharper

Sgt. Ryan

The Cowboys also need another RB, while contemplating a move to a 3-4. With targeting a LB in round 1, signing Sharper would allow them to look elsewhere.

Should be a lot of teams driving the price up though.

762127[/snapback]

:D That's hitting it right on the head. Bill, Jerry, wake up and offer the man a job.

finish out his career!?

the dude has many years ahead of him and even if he did want to go to MIN, it wouldn't be a career ending move. i think that darren may have a few years on jamie and while darren may end his career w/in a couple years, jamie could be in the league for quite some time.

plus, EJ is the LB of the future :D

763370[/snapback]

Actually, no. Both have been in the league for 8 years.

Jamie Sharper was born on 11/23/74.

Darren Sharper was born a year later on 11/03/75.

I would say a 4 or 5 year contract would pretty much end a LBer's career, don't you think?

I would say a 4 or 5 year contract would pretty much end a LBer's career, don't you think?

763747[/snapback]

yeah, probably. JS is older than I thought.

from what I've read, it seems like he will probably go to a system/coach that he has played for in the past (Cincy-M Lewis or JAX - Del Rio)

Ravens | Sharper Interested in Returning

Sun, 3 Apr 2005 08:28:55 -0700

Brent Jones, of the Baltimore Sun, reports free agent LB Jamie Sharper (Texans) has expressed strong interest in signing with the Baltimore Ravens, the team that selected him in the second round of the 1997 draft. However, it is unknown whether the Ravens have interest in pursuing Sharper, who is expected to draw significant interest on the open market.

Bad move for the Texans. I haven't heard anything in San Diego about whether the Chargers are interested in this guy, but he would sure fit nicely into our 3-4 defense!

WHO INTERESTED THE SKINNY

Jamie Sharper

Seahawks

? Apr. 4 - The Seahawks are one of eight teams interested in linebacker Jamie Sharper, who was cut by the Texans on April 1. According to The Seattle Times, Sharper will likely visit Seahawks headquarters this week.

Having released Anthony Simmons and losing Orlando Huff in free agency, Seattle is looking for help at linebacker. The 30-year-old Sharper led the Texans in tackles in 2004 and '02.

Another update (from the Baltimore Sun):

The Ravens have inquired about free-agent linebacker Jamie Sharper, according to his agent. Sharper played five years with the Ravens and three with the Houston Texans before becoming a cap casualty last week. He will visit the Seattle Seahawks and hopes to have a contract by the end of the week. A reunion with the Ravens appears unlikely.

From KFFL:

Seahawks | Sharper to Visit

Thu, 7 Apr 2005 14:20:17 -0700

Mike Sando, of the Tacoma News Tribune, reports the Seattle Seahawks have a visit scheduled with free agent LB Jamie Sharper (Texans) Thursday, April 7.