[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Dayne will go for 1500 and 10 this year

polksalet

Ron Dayne - RB, Denver Broncos 04/01/05

Dayne has been signed by the Denver Broncos to help add running back depth after the loss of Reuben Droughns. Terms were not disclosed.

Huddle Up: Now that Dayne is in Denver, the fantasy world will have to decide just how much the Denver line might help Dayne. Tatum Bell is the clear starter there but has already shown some tendency to get injured.

I say not at all.

I admit to not have read this entire string, but anyone who has watched a Broncos game over the past few years should recognize there is one constant which makes RBs in that system successful -- the ability to take the handoff, start towards the line, and immediately hit the hole as the OL opens it.

Dancing bear RBs don't make it in Denver, and its why the guys they have had (Davis, Gary, Anderson, Portis, Droughns, etc.) look like they are running downhill.

Anyone who has watched Dayne carry the ball for the G-men realize he looks like he is running UPHILL with a banksafe tied to his waist.

Frankly, I will be surprise is Dayne even makes the team.

Ron Dayne: Familiar With Denver Offense

RotoWire.com Staff - RotoWire.com

Thursday, April 7, 2005

Update: Dayne pointed out that the Denver system is similar to what he played in during his college years at Wisconsin, and feels that it shouldn't take long for him to get a feel for it, the Denver Post reports.

Recommendation: "I really like the Broncos' system," Dayne said Tuesday. "The zone (blocking) system was what we ran all through college, so it shouldn't be too hard for me to get back right into it." We're happy that the 1999 Heisman Trophy winner feels comfortable, but we don't see him emerging over Tatum Bell or even Quentin Griffin this summer.

Thank me later. We will now know if it is the denver system.

762160[/snapback]

You must be Ron Dayne's agent...

Between Ron Dayne and Great Dane, it's hard to tell who the bigger dog is!!

Seriously? Who does Ron Dayne have on his payroll that is constantly spreading these BS rumors of a career comeback for this choke artiste supreme? Every year (but only BEFORE the season), there is a "Ron Dayne--Superstar" sighting. Of course, every year there are sightings of the Easter Bunny and Santa Claus--sightings which I personally find more credible than speculation that Ron Dayne will be regularly spotted carrying the rock into NFL end zones.

Remember how this past season, Dayne was supposed to split carries with Tiki Barber? Well, Tiki went on to have his best fantasy season ever, despite seeing stacked front lines and crappy yards/carry and few throws in his direction for the first 4-5 games after Eli Manning was put in as the starting QB. Kurt Warner played half the season in New York, and he was a more VASTLY more important presence that Ron Dayne.

Here's some real Ron Dayne news. Dayne just can't cut it. He's too slow, too tenative and can't even grind out the short yardage.

This NFL offseason has been filled with interesting free-agent signings, topped by last week's announcement that Ron Dayne signed with the Denver Broncos. This may be the weirdest pairing of front man and team since Gary Cherone did that album as lead singer of Van Halen.

The belief that any running back can succeed behind the Denver offensive line is about to get its ultimate test. When he was at Wisconsin, people thought Dayne could run through a brick wall. Not only is Dayne unable to run through a brick wall, he also is unable to notice when there's a hole in the wall two feet to his left.