[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Williamson

Outshined

From Sportline

Top Prospects:

1. Braylon Edwards, Michigan

The skinny: Might be the best overall player in the draft. There are some concerns about his drops, but he's always open.

2. Troy Williamson, South Carolina

The skinny: Speed, speed and more speed. That's why this kid will be the second receiver taken.

3. Mark Clayton, Oklahoma

The skinny: He's small at 5-11, but he's a precision route runner with good speed. He's one of our favorites.

4. Mike Williams, USC

The skinny: He's big and strong, but he doesn't run well enough. That will scare off some teams, but one will take a chance on him based on his size.

5. Roddy White, Alabama-Birmingham

The skinny: Like Williamson, he's a good-sized receiver who can run. That opens eyes.

Rising

Reggie Brown, Georgia. He was viewed as the second receiver at Georgia behind Fred Gibson, but he has a chance to go in the first round.

Falling

Craphonso Thorpe, Florida State. He didn't have a good 2004 season coming off a broken leg.

Sleeper

Larry Brackins, Pearl River Community College. He was expected to go to Florida State this year, but opted to enter the draft. He's big and fast, but raw.

Overrated

Mike Williams. If you want a Keyshawn Johnson, this is your guy. If you want Randy Moss, somebody else should be the choice.

Underrated

Clayton. He's quick, and knows how to run routes. Despite his small size, he's going to be a heck of an NFL receiver.

Position assessment

There could be as many as five receivers go in the first round, and three in the top 10. This class is impressive and it's deep. The top guys are still up for debate, which says something about the talent level at the top. They're all good.

From Sportline

2. Troy Williamson, South Carolina 

The skinny: Speed, speed and more speed. That's why this kid will be the second receiver taken. 

765664[/snapback]

I was talking with a guy at work, and we were thinking this would be the better of the WR choices for the Vikings. That was about 2-3 weeks ago, when we figured both Edwards and Clayton would be gone by #7, the Vikes would draft a LB at #7, and take Williamson with the 18th. Now I wonder, would they take this kid at #7? They really lost speed at WR this offseason.

They lost more then speed at WR this off season. I suspect that Tampa Takes Cadilac or Williams and Edwards could be off the charts. If this is the case LB or DE would be the sites of the Vikes. I agree that #18 will be on WR BUT who will be there is the issue.

Can anyone tell me the last WR that made a difference on the field from Michagan? I been trying to recall that one but cannot come up with anyone.