[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

New Mockdraft

timmyk93

We HAVE to take a safety at #24. Aaron Kampman had a very good year last year -- especially against the run. If we wait until round 2 for a safety, we're taking a huge risk.

767784[/snapback]

Yeah I agree for the most part. I'm just theorizing that if they sign Arturo Freeman before the draft they could possibly go another direction. They do have a couple of younger DLs that were injured last year though and should probably still go safety. Unfortunately it's a pretty weak safety class this year.

Let me clarify -- if Davis or Brodney Pool are available, they should go safety. If they're both gone, they need to reach for a linebacker. Then, they need to get a safety in round 2. With their other two day 1 picks, they can go ahead and get a DE and a possible QB (Andrew Walter, please).

Burleson is a great WR2. Robinson, Taylor, and Campbell are not WR1 material.

766466[/snapback]

The Vikings averaged exactly 1 point less in all the games without Moss.

I agree that drafting a WR wouldn't be prudent.

The Vikings averaged exactly 1 point less in all the games without Moss.

I agree that drafting a WR wouldn't be prudent.

768488[/snapback]

The "problem" is that the Vikings don't really have any pressing needs. They have talent and depth on the D-line and in the linebacker corps. Their secondary suddenly looks amazing.

Sure, their offense could stay in the top 1/3 with the personnel they already have, but...they have to draft SOMEBODY, don't they? At the top of the draft, it's about getting the best possible upgrades in the starting lineup. Mike Williams, Braylon Edwards, and Troy Williamson would all present upgrades over their current WRs.

The only other area of need for them is along the O-line. I wouldn't be suprised to see them take Alex Barron at #7 and, if they take a WR instead, look for them to grab J. Brown or Khalif Barnes at #18.

This is a poor mock draft. Most of these picks don't make sense. Cornerbacks and receivers are always drafted higher during the real thing. Look at reggie williams and dunta robinson a year ago. To say that rolle adn pacman fall past the top 10 is ludicrous. Teams will be trading up to get them. Why would washington trade up to draft a receiver when they have moss as the top guy and 2 first round picks (jacobs and gardner) on board and run first philosphy. explain a cb pick by the bengals when madieu williams and ratliff were drafted high last year and look pretty good? KC is not drafting offense. And atlanta trading up to take a tackle? Jamall brown is big. Alex gibbs likes lean lineman. lets not forget vick is lefty so and the falcs invested alot in wiener on the right side because he's a good pass blocker. THey don't need a good left tackle then need safety bad. They would not pass on thomas davis. there's more nonsense to come. Merriman to the cardinals? why when karlos dansby plays the same position. Cards alread have berry and okefer as solid ends. By the way white de's suck. Cody will not be the 12 pick. Justin smith and mike mamula were top 10 picks. While one is totally out of the nfl the other is a disappointment.