[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Travis Henry a Cardinal?

kryptonite

Should the Cardinals trade for Henry?  

74 members have voted

1. 1. Should the Cardinals trade for Henry?

• 1. Yes
    • 2. No, fill the RB need from the draft.
    • 3. Go after Edge
    • 4. Go after S.Alexander
    • 5. Other

Signing Henry would be a great move IMO.

At 26, he is still very young, plays through pain, and has proven he can be a quality feature back.

That said, with Fitzgerald, Boldin, and Henry, adding a franchise QB to the mix in the first round, along with a young TE in the 2nd would allow all the young players to learn together or gain chemistry and timing.

With their already stout and young defense, any offense that lines up Alex Smith behind center with Boldin, Fitzgerald, and Henry, would have to concern opposing defensive coordinators.

I don't think there is any question, getting a young and proven RB on the cheap would allow them to fill another need with their first round pick.

They were saying on the NFL Network last night that this deal would get done a couple of days before the draft and that it would be a player for player trade with the Bills getting the O-line man (I can't remember his name...LJ something?).

They were saying on the NFL Network last night that this deal would get done a couple of days before the draft and that it would be a player for player trade with the Bills getting the O-line man (I can't remember his name...LJ something?).

767346[/snapback]

I saw that as well.

Not unless AZ beefs up the offer.

Last rumor I heard was that the Bills may make the trade if

they go player for player with the OL, and swap 2nd round picks.

Moving Buffalo up 11 spots in the second round.

Again, just a rumor.

Signing Henry would be a great move IMO.

At 26, he is still very young, plays through pain, and has proven he can be a quality feature back.

That said, with Fitzgerald, Boldin, and Henry, adding a franchise QB to the mix in the first round, along with a young TE in the 2nd would allow all the young players to learn together or gain chemistry and timing.

With their already stout and young defense, any offense that lines up Alex Smith behind center with Boldin, Fitzgerald, and Henry, would have to concern opposing defensive coordinators.

I don't think there is any question, getting a young and proven RB on the cheap would allow them to fill another need with their first round pick.

767338[/snapback]

Good point. I don't think, however, that there is a franchise QB in this draft. I would prefer the spend the pick helping on defense. The D was okay last year, but still is in need of improvement. Also, didn't they tout a potentially great TE that they already have? Seems like I remenber an up and coming TE that is currently on their roster.

Not unless AZ beefs up the offer.

Again, just a rumor.

767349[/snapback]

possibly. seems the cards have a little more leverage than the bills though. haven't heard too many other teams interested in henry right now, whereas the cards can fall back on the draft.

seems the cards have a little more leverage than the bills though. haven't heard too many other teams interested in henry right now, whereas the cards can fall back on the draft.

767382[/snapback]

Yeah, I think with respect to this deal, the Cards hold all the cards. :D

767349[/snapback]

This has been widely circulated and I'm inclined to believe it.

This trade is simply a case of two teams playing chicken, both without much leverage. Henry is certainly worth more than Shelton, but the Bills can't exactly ask for much more, because the Cards know they HAVE to deal Henry. On the flip side, the Bills know that if the Cardinals don't get Henry, they HAVE to use their #8 pick on a RB.

Meanwhile, there's no reason for the teams to make the trade now. I have a feeling Denny Green wants to see who's available at #8. If Cadillac is there, he'll take him. If he's stuck with Benson, he'll do the deal for Henry (trading 2nd-rounders), and he'll take a CB with the #8.

Good point.  I don't think, however, that there is a franchise QB in this draft.  I would prefer the spend the pick helping on defense.  The D was okay last year, but still is in need of improvement.  Also, didn't they tout a potentially great TE that they already have?  Seems like I remenber an up and coming TE that is currently on their roster.

767351[/snapback]

Right back at ya! I agree, I am not sold on Rodgers or Smith either. When you consider they can probably grab Charlie Frye with their 2nd pick, I think he is as good as the other two aforementioned QBs. If they get Henry, taking Pacman or the Johnson may be a good move.

The Bills need OL help BADDDDDD. Losing Jonas Jennings from an already horrible line makes Shelton for Henry more inticing based soley on their immense NEED.

Its been widely reported the Bills are likely to cave before the draft, as they know they need to move Henry and with the Glut of RBs, there simply is not many takers willing to deal for ANY RB outside of Arizona. Filling a blatant need also tips the scale to Arizona as the Bills really need a tackle.

Just read in "Rumors" section on ESPN Insider that Scouts Inc. is hearing it will be the Cardinals who cave and agree to switch spots in the 2nd round with Buffalo.

Deal is expected within a few days.

770946[/snapback]

Who exactly is caving? When this started, Buffalo wanted the player and a #1 pick outright. Then they reduced it to a switching placed in round 1. After wanting a 2nd or 3rd outright, plus Shelton after Arizona rejected it, they now have agreed to only swap positions in round 2.

To me, it seems as though Buffalo is the one who caved.

Shelton and moving down 12 spots in round 2 seems to be a much better deal for Arizona to me.

Who exactly is caving?  When this started, Buffalo wanted the player and a #1 pick outright.  Then they reduced it to a switching placed in round 1.  After wanting a 2nd or 3rd outright, plus Shelton after Arizona rejected it, they now have agreed to only swap positions in round 2. 

Shelton and moving down 12 spots in round 2 seems to be a much better deal for Arizona to me.

771039[/snapback]

Alright....I found the Huddle's gspot!!

Who exactly is caving?  When this started, Buffalo wanted the player and a #1 pick outright.  Then they reduced it to a switching placed in round 1.  After wanting a 2nd or 3rd outright, plus Shelton after Arizona rejected it, they now have agreed to only swap positions in round 2. 

771039[/snapback]

That's just the way it was reported. Apparently, the Bills have had the 2nd-round-swap idea on the table for quite a while now and Arizona said no at first. Now, it appears they'll do it, so, essentially, they're caving.

Neither team is in a position of power, so it's silly to argue who truly gave in to whom.

That's just the way it was reported. Apparently, the Bills have had the 2nd-round-swap idea on the table for quite a while now and Arizona said no at first. Now, it appears they'll do it, so, essentially, they're caving.

Neither team is in a position of power, so it's silly to argue who truly gave in to whom.

771533[/snapback]

I'll agree with you on that.

I heard it reported the Bills offered to swap first round picks, not 2nd.

I was under the impression it was Arizona who countered with the 2nd round swap. Either way, i think its a great deal for Arizona and under the circumstances, a good move for Buffalo. Fact is, Henry was disgruntled and they needed a tackle in the worst way. Deal seems to fill a need for both teams prior to the draft.

Now watch Buffalo draft a RB in round 1.

I'll agree with you on that. 

I heard it reported the Bills offered to swap first round picks, not 2nd.

I was under the impression it was Arizona who countered with the 2nd round swap.  Either way, i think its a great deal for Arizona and under the circumstances, a good move for Buffalo.  Fact is, Henry was disgruntled and they needed a tackle in the worst way.  Deal seems to fill a need for both teams prior to the draft.

Now watch Buffalo draft a RB in round 1.

772460[/snapback]

Buffalo never was going to swap 1st rounders. They don't even have a 1st rounder. That went to Dallas so they could draft Losman last year.

The swapping of 2nd rounders is definitely picking up some steam. Keeping my fingers crossed that it happens.

771039[/snapback]

You are absolutely right... Bills have caved and Henry will be a Cardinal very soon. The only negetive is that the Bills know Shelton is on Green's S--- list. the last OL man on that list is now a J.E.T. Nobody is mentioning Warner in this whole deal... If he can't get this team to a playoff spot with that talent at WR an Henry then he needs to go back to the Supermarket.. He can POSSIBLY be the surprise Fantasy QB this coming season.

Yes, I think that Warner would be a good fantasy backup QB, maybe a good starter in 12-14 team leagues. Warner played fairly well for the Giants last year, even with their so-so wide receiver corps. I think he could put up some TDs and yards if the Cards O-line can hold together. Also, the Cards defense is worse, and will probably be worse, than the G-men D, so expect Warner to have to put it up a little more to keep them in the game.

Travis Henry is worth getting for Shelton and a swap of second rounders. First rounders, I would say not.

If I was AZ I wouldn't play around too much with the Bills. If the deal's there then take it.

I'm a Seahawks homer and I'd much rather see them get Henry than dangle their second round pick under the Seahawks or Colts noses.

If Seattle lost Alexander to the Cards that would be a disaster. Edge wouldn't be that far behind.

This has been widely circulated and I'm inclined to believe it.

This trade is simply a case of two teams playing chicken, both without much leverage. Henry is certainly worth more than Shelton, but the Bills can't exactly ask for much more, because the Cards know they HAVE to deal Henry. On the flip side, the Bills know that if the Cardinals don't get Henry, they HAVE to use their #8 pick on a RB.

Meanwhile, there's no reason for the teams to make the trade now. I have a feeling Denny Green wants to see who's available at #8. If Cadillac is there, he'll take him. If he's stuck with Benson, he'll do the deal for Henry (trading 2nd-rounders), and he'll take a CB with the #8.

767811[/snapback]

According to this article in yesterday's Arizona Republic, my post above is pretty accurate.

Key quote from Denny Green:

"If the draft goes a certain way, and we take a player and that player happens to be a running back, that phone will never ring," Green said. "If the draft goes on and we don't take a running back, they (the Bills) will probably still be trying to move up. They are probably trying to move up with other people also."