[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Keyshawn Johnson to hold out

CaptainHook

Keyshawn denies report

By Clarence E. Hill Jr.

Star-Telegram Staff Writer

IRVING - Receiver Keyshawn Johnson laughed Wednesday at an ESPN report that had the Cowboys potentially drafting Southern California receiver Mike Williams because Johnson was disgruntled about his contract.

Johnson said he talked to coach Bill Parcells and vice president Stephen Jones about his future, but "I have never had discussions about a new contract."

After catching 70 passes for 981 yards and six touchdowns in 2004, does he believe he is worth more than the $1.5 million base salary he is set to earn next season?

Of course.

But Johnson said he plans to honor his deal and has proved as much by making all but one of his off-season workouts.

"I am content where I am because I see the big picture," Johnson said. "And I don't operate like that with Bill, not with him. We have a friendship and relationship that works. Besides, if I had a problem with my contract, I wouldn't be working out. I wouldn't be running."

Johnson said he missed one workout because he was on a flight.

Williams will visit the Cowboys next week along with 19 other draft prospects -- though it's not likely Williams will be available when the Cowboys pick at No. 11.

Keyshawn Johson has proved over and over again that he is a malcontent and a liar.  I don't believe a word of his denial.

769300[/snapback]

Good point but I saw that story on Sports Center before I left this morning. I now doubt its validity. That story said Johnson had missed all 3 workouts. If Clarence Hill says he only missed one, that is good enough for me to discount the ESPN story.

Hold out Keyshawn! You're worth way more than T.O.! :D

Keyshawn's mom told me to post this.

All these guys are garbage. They never keep their word. Ever since Joey Galloway held out in Seattle, I have no tolerance or sympathy for these crybabies.

Although, I will agree that Antonio Gates deserves a bit of a raise.

Where are all the Gruden haters now that said it was a mistake to get rid of Meshawn??? :D However, Keyshawn is still a good player and 1.5 million is a little low for a reciever of his calibor. He catches everything over the middle, takes the big hit, and is also one hell of a blocker. With that said, he is also a cancer in the locker room. I hope he gets what he deserves :D

Where are all the Gruden haters now that said it was a mistake to get rid of Meshawn???  :D  However, Keyshawn is still a good player and 1.5 million is a little low for a reciever of his calibor.  He catches everything over the middle, takes the big hit, and is also one hell of a blocker.  With that said, he is also a cancer in the locker room.  I hope he gets what he deserves :D

769426[/snapback]

I'm confused now - you think he deserves more or less?

I'm confused now - you think he deserves more or less?

769455[/snapback]

Yeah I can see where I didnt really make my point known there. I feel he is worth a little more then 1.5 million but knowing from his days in Tampa how much of a cancer he is, I think he won't get a pay raise. He has been a jerk for so long I just hope he gets what he deserves.

Yeah I can see where I didnt really make my point known there.  I feel he is worth a little more then 1.5 million but knowing from his days in Tampa how much of a cancer he is, I think he won't get a pay raise.  He has been a jerk for so long I just hope he gets what he deserves.

769484[/snapback]

:D I'm not sure you clarified your position! :D

Yeah I can see where I didnt really make my point known there.  I feel he is worth a little more then 1.5 million but knowing from his days in Tampa how much of a cancer he is, I think he won't get a pay raise.  He has been a jerk for so long I just hope he gets what he deserves.

769484[/snapback]

Jolly.....dang it man,if you ever run for office I am 100% voting for you!! I have not seen dancing like that since 'Gene,Gene the dancing machine!!!'

All I know of Keyshawn is that nobody takes a harder hit going up for a bll and hangs on more times than not. Sounds to me like Werder from ESPN may have gotten a little mixed up info and ran with it a bit soon but this time of year that is the norm as stories are more likely to be inflated as we wait for the draft. I blame the NHL.

Jolly.....dang it man,if you ever run for office I am 100% voting for you!! I have not seen dancing like that since 'Gene,Gene the dancing machine!!!'

All I know of Keyshawn is that nobody takes a harder hit going up for a bll and hangs on more times than not. Sounds to me like Werder from ESPN may have gotten a little mixed up info and ran with it a bit soon but this time of year that is the norm as stories are more likely to be inflated as we wait for the draft. I blame the NHL.

771893[/snapback]

Thank you for your vote :D

JR in 2008!!!

Edited by Jolly Rodgers