[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Answer me this?

GRIDIRON JUNKY

Why in the world is the lions looking at WR? Don't they have two studs at WR? yes, one has been hurt 2 years straight, but I thought that was just a fluke. Mike Williams and Edwards are coming in...

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Why in the world is the lions looking at WR?  Don't they have two studs at WR?  yes, one has been hurt 2 years straight, but I thought that was just a fluke.  Mike Williams and Edwards are coming in...

770637[/snapback]

They need three so that when Rogers gets hurt again they'll have two solid recievers.

If DET pulled the trigger on another decent WR in the 1st round they would have a shredding offense. I like DETs chance of squeaking into the wildcard race this year.

Why in the world is the lions looking at WR?  Don't they have two studs at WR?  yes, one has been hurt 2 years straight, but I thought that was just a fluke.  Mike Williams and Edwards are coming in...

770637[/snapback]

From what I understand, Rogers' rehab is progressing just fine, but the Lions are progressing from here on out as if he does not exist. They are looking at Roy as a rock-solid stud, and nobody else on the roster is worthwhile. They've been looking at bringing in Corey Bradford or Jerome Pathon, and refuse to rule out drafting Williams or Edwards, should they be available.

Now, common sense dictates that you can't spend three times Top Ten money on the WR position alone, and Millen is almost certianly trying to smokescreen his true intentions. From what I hear, Antrell Rolle is currently the top target, though I would suspect that Barron and DJ are up there as well.

Peace

policy

From what I understand, Rogers' rehab is progressing just fine, but the Lions are progressing from here on out as if he does not exist.  They are looking at Roy as a rock-solid stud, and nobody else on the roster is worthwhile.  They've been looking at bringing in Corey Bradford or Jerome Pathon, and refuse to rule out drafting Williams or Edwards, should they be available.

Now, common sense dictates that you can't spend three times Top Ten money on the WR position alone, and Millen is almost certianly trying to smokescreen his true intentions.  From what I hear, Antrell Rolle is currently the top target, though I would suspect that Barron and DJ are up there as well.

Peace

policy

770907[/snapback]

Still dropping knowlegde.

From what I understand, Rogers' rehab is progressing just fine, but the Lions are progressing from here on out as if he does not exist.  They are looking at Roy as a rock-solid stud, and nobody else on the roster is worthwhile.  They've been looking at bringing in Corey Bradford or Jerome Pathon, and refuse to rule out drafting Williams or Edwards, should they be available.

Now, common sense dictates that you can't spend three times Top Ten money on the WR position alone, and Millen is almost certianly trying to smokescreen his true intentions.  From what I hear, Antrell Rolle is currently the top target, though I would suspect that Barron and DJ are up there as well.

Peace

policy

770907[/snapback]

I agree 100%. The Lions can't lock up that much money on WRs. They need help on the oline and at linebacker. Baron or DJ will be there at ten. I am sure Rolle will be gone. This draft will be critical for the Lions. They are at a place where they are unused to being. People are starting to expect soemthing out of them.

I don't know if I agree with the needing linebackers. I would hope be a safety or o-line first. However, I can see the Lions preparing if Charles can't stay healthy a 3rd yr in a row. Having 2 really good recievers takes alot of pressure off of everything else and each other. The ability to open it up on either side is only going to open up K. Jones. Can Charles make it? Who really knows, I remember last year the same thing,, gonna work harder, build up........... Only time will tell. If he fails again, the Lions will look smart as hell taking a reciever at 10.

And will somebody turn off that darn recorder that turns on every time right after Policy post's???? They'll be scraping off all that lipstick on Policys ass as if he had barnacles way this is getting anymore.....................

I don't think there's ever been a team that took a WR with their #1 pick three year's in a row. I don't see it happening. If the Lions take a WR with their #1 pick, I might need to change my sigline. :D

I don't know if I agree with the needing linebackers.  I would hope be a safety or o-line first. However, I can see the Lions preparing if Charles can't stay healthy a 3rd yr in a row.  Having 2 really good recievers takes alot of pressure off of everything else and each other.  The ability to open it up on either side is only going to open up K. Jones. Can Charles make it?  Who really knows, I remember last year the same thing,, gonna work harder, build up...........  Only time will tell. If he fails again, the Lions will look smart as hell taking a reciever at 10.

And will somebody turn off that darn recorder that turns on every time right after Policy post's????  They'll be scraping off all that lipstick on Policys ass as if he had barnacles way this is getting anymore.....................

771830[/snapback]

MMMMMMM......barnacles.......

Chief:

Why do you not think they need help at linebacker? nothing they have there now fills me with much confidence. Baily will be back, but can he stay on the field?

I just hope Barron or DJ is there for them and that Millen is smart enough to draft them instead of getting cute. There aren't any safeties in this draft worth taking anywhere near 10.

I have been hearing so many different things about the Lions and dratf day that I have no real clue what they will do this year. Every mock draft I have seen has the Lions taking 4-5 diffenet players at the #10 spot. I personally think they will trade down but you never know. Here are some things I have heard about our Motor City Kitties:

-They do not like Barron's footwork and they feel that he is not the best OL in the draft. They feel that they could take a lineman later in the draft and still get good value without the big paycheck.

-They are interested in Alex Smith (QB) but are trying to keep it quiet. I hear more and more that they do not like Joey and would like Garcia to teach the Offense to Smith. They supposedly are not talking much because they do not want anyone jumping up to get him. Does this mean they will trade up? :D What would/could they give up?

-They would like another quality LB because they do not know about Baily's health and would like to get DJ to go with Lehman.

-They would like a quality DL such as Spears, Merriman, or Cody. Most "experts" think this is teh position the Lions will go with.

-I have even heard crazy rumors about trying to trade C. Rogers but who would you trade with? His value is way down because he has not played but 4 downs. What would anyone really give up for him? I think this would be a stupid idea but you all know who we are talking about.

-They like Rolle a lot but do not think he will be avaliable at 10.

None of this is "fact" but I have heard all of these things around town and on the airwaves. Even the Lions Expert Tom Kowalski is not sure what they will do.

Personally I would like to see them take A. Smith because I just do not see "it" with Harrington (not hateing on the guy just telling it like I see it). If not Smith I think that they should trade down and aquire as many picks as possible because as all us Lions fans know we can never have enough depth!

Edited by BigTen

The Lions may feel it might benefit their draft day trade options if other teams feel there is a chance they might consider a WR. (Is there a team behind them that might jump in front of them to get Williams, leaving the Lions w/ a player they really want?, etc)

Lions and Bengals in 2006 Superbowl! (well, 2006 season Superbowl)

I would be surprised to see the Lions draft another WR but not shocked.

Edwards and Williams would likely be the best player on the board if available @10. The Lions don't have as many holes to fill this years...as in years past. They need a left tackle, a DE and a Linebacker. However they are not desperate at any spot.

DE is a good choice but the draft seems fairly deep at this position and edge rushers can be a crap shoot in any round.

As with the Vikes the OL is the most open right now for need. If they draft out of that position the better for my Vikes. The Kittens might shed the nickname this year though as Mucc likes his recievers and might start liking his QB this season. Piano man could surprise if he get protection. The running game came back after a injured start so that shows promise.

As with the Vikes the OL is the most open right now for need. If they draft out of that position the better for my Vikes. The Kittens might shed the nickname this year though as Mucc likes his recievers and might start liking his QB this season. Piano man could surprise if he get protection. The running game came back after a injured start so that shows promise.

774299[/snapback]

There's no problem with protection for Harrington. The Lions o-line has been one of the better pass protecting lines in the league (if measured by sacks allowed) for the last couple of years. The people who make excuses for Joey tend to blame the WR's and the playcalling.

Well Edwards has visited the Lions twice and told reporters that if this were freeagency he would be a Lion. He really wants to be in Detroit. I gotta ask though is it worth it for Detroit to trade up to get Braylon when they need help on defense?

774475[/snapback]

Meh. When you're a top ten team, you bring in the top talent to evaluate what you have in case someone falls. I doubt that the Lions would take Edwards or Williams at 10, and I'm nearly certain that they won't trade up for either of them.

I think that the Lions, like most of the other teams, would prefer to trade down than to trade up.

There's no problem with protection for Harrington.  The Lions o-line has been one of the better pass protecting lines in the league (if measured by sacks allowed) for the last couple of years.  The people who make excuses for Joey tend to blame the WR's and the playcalling.

774464[/snapback]

Well, a lot of that (especially two years ago) was due to Joey throwing the ball away. Two years ago, the Lions allowed only ~20 sacks . . . then they added Damien Woody and allowed significantly more last season (can't recall number off the top of my head). That's not because Woody sucks, it's solely because Harrington was more mature in the pocket. He was allowing plays to develop and looking for checkdowns, not throwing it away if his first option or two wasn't open.

If you actually watched the line play, McDougle was having lots of trouble in pass protection, struggling whenever he was man-on-man with an edge rusher--the Eagles' ends especially made him look foolish. Dominic Raiola was also having trouble recognizing blitzes, and getting out-leveraged in pass protection. Backus is very solid, but he is not quite big or athletic enough to shut down ends with elite speed. The Lions have okay pass protection that should get better with the addition of DeMulling to the interior. But RT was a revolving door last year, and there's no proof that Kelly Butler or Victor Rogers are going to be any better.

Peace

policy

Well, a lot of that (especially two years ago) was due to Joey throwing the ball away.  Two years ago, the Lions allowed only ~20 sacks . . . then they added Damien Woody and allowed significantly more last season (can't recall number off the top of my head).  That's not because Woody sucks, it's solely because Harrington was more mature in the pocket.  He was allowing plays to develop and looking for checkdowns, not throwing it away if his first option or two wasn't open.

If you actually watched the line play, McDougle was having lots of trouble in pass protection, struggling whenever he was man-on-man with an edge rusher--the Eagles' ends especially made him look foolish.  Dominic Raiola was also having trouble recognizing blitzes, and getting out-leveraged in pass protection.  Backus is very solid, but he is not quite big or athletic enough to shut down ends with elite speed.  The Lions have okay pass protection that should get better with the addition of DeMulling to the interior.  But RT was a revolving door last year, and there's no proof that Kelly Butler or Victor Rogers are going to be any better.

Peace

policy

774540[/snapback]

Someone wants to draft Barron.