[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Answer me this?

GRIDIRON JUNKY

Well, a lot of that (especially two years ago) was due to Joey throwing the ball away.  Two years ago, the Lions allowed only ~20 sacks . . . then they added Damien Woody and allowed significantly more last season (can't recall number off the top of my head).  That's not because Woody sucks, it's solely because Harrington was more mature in the pocket.  He was allowing plays to develop and looking for checkdowns, not throwing it away if his first option or two wasn't open.

If you actually watched the line play, McDougle was having lots of trouble in pass protection, struggling whenever he was man-on-man with an edge rusher--the Eagles' ends especially made him look foolish.  Dominic Raiola was also having trouble recognizing blitzes, and getting out-leveraged in pass protection.  Backus is very solid, but he is not quite big or athletic enough to shut down ends with elite speed.  The Lions have okay pass protection that should get better with the addition of DeMulling to the interior.  But RT was a revolving door last year, and there's no proof that Kelly Butler or Victor Rogers are going to be any better.

Peace

policy

774540[/snapback]

The man continues to drop knowledge.

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well Edwards has visited the Lions twice and told reporters that if this were freeagency he would be a Lion. He really wants to be in Detroit. I gotta ask though is it worth it for Detroit to trade up to get Braylon when they need help on defense?

774475[/snapback]

Nope.

Braylon Edwards is the next David Terrell--an athlete who thinks quite highly of himself, but not an elite wideout. Edwards never had to face a CB with any sort of skill in his entire career at Michigan. He's never needed to run a sharp route to get separation, and he's never had to fight for the ball. If anyone watched the UM/MSU game, Edwards was a complete nonfactor until the last minutes of the game, when they suddenly realized that the MSU corners simply couldn't keep up with him. They then scored three TDs on with the EXACT SAME corner route. Three times in a row, Edwards runs to the corner, and three times in a row, the corner got flat-out burned--once he even spun around in a complete circle. Mind you, this was just a corner route; dude runs sraight down the field and then makes one cut to the corner. Against an NFL CB he'd have to fight for the ball in the end zone, but against the sorry Big Ten corners, he's all by himself when the pass gets there.

He may have a more successful career than Terrell, but anybody who thinks this guy is an elite WR in the making hasn't seen him play.

Peace

policy

Nope.

Braylon Edwards is the next David Terrell--an athlete who thinks quite highly of himself, but not an elite wideout.  Edwards never had to face a CB with any sort of skill in his entire career at Michigan.  He's never needed to run a sharp route to get separation, and he's never had to fight for the ball.  If anyone watched the UM/MSU game, Edwards was a complete nonfactor until the last minutes of the game, when they suddenly realized that the MSU corners simply couldn't keep up with him.  They then scored three TDs on with the EXACT SAME corner route.  Three times in a row, Edwards runs to the corner, and three times in a row, the corner got flat-out burned--once he even spun around in a complete circle.  Mind you, this was just a corner route; dude runs sraight down the field and then makes one cut to the corner.  Against an NFL CB he'd have to fight for the ball in the end zone, but against the sorry Big Ten corners, he's all by himself when the pass gets there.

He may have a more successful career than Terrell, but anybody who thinks this guy is an elite WR in the making hasn't seen him play.

Peace

policy

774611[/snapback]

This guy is a knowledge dropping machine.

Nope.

Braylon Edwards is the next David Terrell--an athlete who thinks quite highly of himself, but not an elite wideout.  Edwards never had to face a CB with any sort of skill in his entire career at Michigan.  He's never needed to run a sharp route to get separation, and he's never had to fight for the ball.  If anyone watched the UM/MSU game, Edwards was a complete nonfactor until the last minutes of the game, when they suddenly realized that the MSU corners simply couldn't keep up with him.  They then scored three TDs on with the EXACT SAME corner route.  Three times in a row, Edwards runs to the corner, and three times in a row, the corner got flat-out burned--once he even spun around in a complete circle.  Mind you, this was just a corner route; dude runs sraight down the field and then makes one cut to the corner.  Against an NFL CB he'd have to fight for the ball in the end zone, but against the sorry Big Ten corners, he's all by himself when the pass gets there.

Peace

policy

774611[/snapback]

Hey Sparty, atleast he'll be on the field, unlike Mr.China Doll.

774699[/snapback]

As usual, an unsecure UM'er would make this a MSU/UM argument. Did policy even mention any comparison to between Rogers and Edwards? The fact that Edwards did not go against any real good CB's is a fact. I am not ripping Edwards, and feel that he will be a good WR, but he did not ever get tested in college. Try taking the blue glasses off once in a while. :D

774699[/snapback]

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v220/ran...minatorcopy.jpg

Courtesy RandallFlagg from the TLF boards . . .

Anyway, I certianly don't have anything to come back to that, other than that time will tell whether Chuck ever gets healthy.

Peace

policy

Edited by policyvote

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v220/ran...minatorcopy.jpg

Courtesy RandallFlagg from the TLF boards . . .

Anyway, I certianly don't have anything to come back to that, other than that time will tell whether Chuck ever gets healthy.

Peace

policy

774778[/snapback]

Indestructible is not the correct adjective to describe Rogers. :D

Indestructible is not the correct adjective to describe Rogers. :D

774782[/snapback]

It's supposed to be funny . . . that guy uses it in his sig line, and beneath the picture is the old line from Six Million Dollar Man: "We can rebuild him. We have the technology."

Peace

policy

Hey Policy, I like alot of your posts, but can you do something about your post padding, bra stuffing, ass kissing girlfriend Jumpin Johnies? Out of his/her 3500 posts 3000 must be of following you around. Far as being Mich/Mich State, I don't think it matters. We all end up rooting for the Lions. I do think Edwards has more talent and ability than both Terrel and Rogers. Seeing as we have Rogers, even though a Mich man, I'll root for Rogers and hope he gets over his fragileness.

If anyone looks at the Lions O-line first round raft picks, we've usually done well. Ok, may be stretching it some there. Unfortunately, for some reason we let alot of good ones get away. I wasn't too happy with Hartings getting away. McDougal may or may not be over-rated, but he was good at his position, at least above average. I have a feeling Detroit will try to trade out of this position to avoid paying anyone top ten money, and attempt to get more picks. As the Lions are not pressing for any one particular need it makes sense. They've done very well picking players within the the first 3 rounds as of late. I don't see the Lions picking any particular position first, more like picking the best over player they see at whatever # we end up drafting from.

We may see Detroit trade down in the first again as well as move up in the second again. I do expect to see them to at least try to move up further from the current 3rd round pick. I'm not concerned with whatever position we do draft, as long as they pick someone who will contribute as well as all of our latest picks have. While most may be against it, somewhere I expect a wr, as a backup in case Rogers doesn't make it. I hope not a qb in the first as we have had no luck whatsoever in this particular position. Hairball was a waste of a pick and good money down the drain. Let someone else draft em, tutor em, then steal em away from another team if nothing else.

Hey Policy, I like alot of your posts, but can you do something about your post padding, bra stuffing, ass kissing girlfriend Jumpin Johnies? Out of his/her 3500 posts 3000 must be of following you around.

774900[/snapback]

It's an ongoing joke Chief. Quit being a weenie and drink your shut up juice.

As usual, an unsecure UM'er would make this a MSU/UM argument.  Did policy even mention any comparison to between Rogers and Edwards?  The fact that Edwards did not go against any real good CB's is a fact.  I am not ripping Edwards, and feel that he will be a good WR, but he did not ever get tested in college.  Try taking the blue glasses off once in a while. :D

774772[/snapback]

Alright Sparty, Its simply reading between the lines. For someone to make a statement like that, Yes Im a Um fan, And I may have as you u put it have Blue glasses, But I guess every Expert does as well, Being they have BE a top 5 pick.

Some experts are saying Cant miss.

Would I move up to get him, No, If hes there at the 10 pick no doubt.

Everyone has there theory, I beleive u take the best player available, and then go for need. I dont see the lions going WR, too much money at 1 position. Lets hope for once the Lions can stay healthy, Ill be right there cheering for China Doll. Or Whoever they get.

Alright Sparty, Its simply reading between the lines. For someone to make a statement like that, Yes Im a Um fan, And I may have as you u put it have Blue glasses, But I guess every Expert does as well, Being they have BE a top 5 pick.

Everyone has there theory, I beleive u take the best player available, and then go for need. I dont see the lions going WR, too much money at 1 position.  Lets hope for once the Lions can stay healthy, Ill be right there cheering for China Doll. Or Whoever they get.

775109[/snapback]

Relax, I believe that BE is a good prospect. Can't miss? :D Well I don't know, why put that pressure on him? I do agree that he was never really challenged in college. Maybe that is beacuse he is that good, or maybe it is because the quality of the CB's were not that good. Being a WR in that offense (UM) is a lot easier when you have better talent at every position than your opponents. I think that BE was not used enough at UM (mostly because of Carr's conservative play calling). While a good WR, I don't think he is as good as everyone is making him out to be. I think that Avant will be a better WR than BE if given the touches. JMHO (remember, everyone has a right to MY opinion :D)

775109[/snapback]

Yeah, well, they said all the same stuff about Terrell. Edwards will be gone long before the Lions pick, but if one of the teams at the top gives the Lions a steal to move up, they want to know what their options are.

Peace

policy

Nice to see, so many Lions Fans on this site, I wonder how close we really are in location. I live in Macomb Twp area, and have been a season ticket holder for a while now, too long. I dont know about all u guys, but Im hopeing JOey puts it together this year. Im am so tired of Never having a Good Qb, injured first round picks etc....

It's an ongoing joke Chief.  Quit being a weenie and drink your shut up juice.

774925[/snapback]

Maybe it's not the rest of us who need to "shut up", JJ. MAYBE your "joke" isn't even close to being funny.

Then again, maybe the rest of the Huddle membership enjoys scrolling down through the repeat of Policy's posts, right before erupting in laughter at your broken-record ass-kissing.

Who knows?

Maybe it's not the rest of us who need to "shut up", JJ. MAYBE your "joke" isn't even close to being funny.

Then again, maybe the rest of the Huddle membership enjoys scrolling down through the repeat of Policy's posts, right before erupting in laughter at your broken-record ass-kissing.

Who knows?

775293[/snapback]

Maybe you're right Swiss Cheesedick, I don't care. :D

Hey Policy, I like alot of your posts, but can you do something about your post padding, bra stuffing, ass kissing girlfriend Jumpin Johnies? Out of his/her 3500 posts 3000 must be of following you around. 

774900[/snapback]

Johnies follows everyone around and pads. I don't think that he is exclusive with Policy. Not that there is anything wrong with that, (exclusive that is.)

Nice to see, so many Lions Fans on this site, I wonder how close we really are in location.  I live in Macomb Twp area, and have been a season ticket holder for a while now, too long.  I dont know about all u guys, but Im hopeing JOey puts it together this year. Im am so tired of Never having a Good Qb, injured first round picks etc....

775242[/snapback]

It's been typical for The Huddle to have a pretty good contingent of Lions fans over the years.

Johnies follows everyone around and pads.  I don't think that he is exclusive with Policy.  Not that there is anything wrong with that, (exclusive that is.)

775324[/snapback]

Ya' think? I will give Johnies this. He is consistent.

Just saw this on the mlive.com, Lions section. Sounds like the Leos want a CB. The guy giving the answers is the "Lions Insider" Tom Kowalski. Take it for what its worth. I would love A. Smith (bot the QB and TE). Enjoy

http://www.mlive.com/lions/stories/index.s...transcript.html